EA UFC 3, v2: Official Release Thread (12:00am EST 01/30 for Pre-Orders)

I went with striker. Thought that would give me more moves than just being a brawler. Will probably do well rounded next time. TDD is absolute shit and the boxing gym doesn't allow you to improve. In my second fight I just ate double legs the entire time. Getting up from the bottom isn't a problem so I didn't get GnP'd but I think my opponent was something like 15/15 takedowns lol
there's the gym with the Team Alpha Male guys I'm pretty sure it's a wrestling gym but they give you a decent mix of wrestling and striking. Going with the well rounded thing gives you enough striking to have ok combos you'll have basic boxing and muay thai better cardio and your ground skills will be average. Every time I came against a wrestler I just went for a single leg right away and once it got to the ground stayed in half guard postured up and landed elbows. Most of the cpu guys just stay there eating them so landing 7-10 of them one right after the other will KO them and you'll get the stoppage in under a minute.

After a few days I've gotten a lot better. Still struggling to deny takedowns and body spammers are killing me but I'm a lot better than I was a few days ago. Is anyone else struggling to arm trap when they're on the bottom getting punched?

Only thing about ranked is fighting the best couple fighters in each division every match.

I really dislike the new blocking and bobbing and weaving controls

High/low blocks being R2/L2 is really confusing me, they should have stuck with the same controls as UFC 2 which was High block R1, Low block R2.

Fuck sidecontrol. So annoying. And Cain will keep you there forever.

Occasionally I run into players that out-skill me in ranked ( @WalkenWouldOwn ) but I'm mostly running into people who spam hooks for 3 rounds rocking me endlessly while somehow my gas is depleting at twice the rate. Power shots in general need a MUCH bigger stamina penalty. There's no reason I should be getting knocked out by bums winging haymakers while I'm boxing the shit out of them landing at a significantly higher rate.

Occasionally I run into players that out-skill me in ranked ( @WalkenWouldOwn ) but I'm mostly running into people who spam hooks for 3 rounds rocking me endlessly while somehow my gas is depleting at twice the rate. Power shots in general need a MUCH bigger stamina penalty. There's no reason I should be getting knocked out by bums winging haymakers while I'm boxing the shit out of them landing at a significantly higher rate.
Why not just work in more power shots yourself? Sticking with all jabs and crosses doesn't work like it did in the demo...they have no power at all, If you're really boxing the shit out of them my suggestion would be to keep doing that but mix in more hooks yourself. Should turn out OK for you if you're better than them.

Keep in mind that this is coming from someone who is awful at this game, but hook spammers are one of the few styles I actually tend to do OK with. Lots of counters available.

Just turned this game on and I was greeted with a ten minute long Conor UFC propoganda video. Wow. No shame in the UFC game lmao.

Just turned this game on and I was greeted with a ten minute long Conor UFC propoganda video. Wow. No shame in the UFC game lmao.

Yeah it was terrible lmao. At least they didn't give him Maia level grappling in this game though

I have the same problem pretty often. I guess I need to just practice the head movement and forget trying to fight from outside. The only way to get a KO earlier than round 3 against anyone decent seems like is to land like 50 slip counters.

Im doing pretty awful (I think like 50-30 or something) and my main problem is definitely letting myself get rocked too often. I usually land more strikes but I prefer to lead instead of counter and that's not how this game is set up

Holy fookin shit, they released an unplayable game. It's literally running at about 10fps, and I'm only playing career mode. Disgusting. Wow. I've never played a game THIS unplayable on release.

Holy fookin shit, they released an unplayable game. It's literally running at about 10fps, and I'm only playing career mode. Disgusting. Wow. I've never played a game THIS unplayable on release.

It is in the game

Yeah, the more I play the more I kinda hate it as the days go by. It's really not a good game. Absolutely unreal that it took them multiple years to come up with this trash.

Career mode is garbage too. Game is not good overall. Will still play it with my 10-20 online record and shitty character in career mode but I am extremely disappointed honestly. Cant really say there's anything I like about it more than past games. In the demo, the jab and straight were OK....in the finished game they're garbage. Ugh.

I’m finding it really hard adapting to the blocking in this compared to UFC 2, especially blocking the body, why couldn’t It be one button instead of holding two ffs

Anyone else having difficulty with this or is it just me? :(

I’m finding it really hard adapting to the blocking in this compared to UFC 2, especially blocking the body, why couldn’t It be one button instead of holding two ffs

Anyone else having difficulty with this or is it just me? :(

It's tough but it's more about anticipation and split second decisions learning your opponent and whatnot. Although I think one button block isn't bad, they shouldve put it in but made it super easy to break like within 2 strikes.

What I don't like is how you don't have any arm damage it seems.. would make alot of sense considering you block shots with your arms. More damage your arms take the weaker your block gets throughout the fight.

I haven't brought the game yet myself, but I played it today at my cousins house who has it.. the game seems very clunky and stiff, the movements seem very slow compared to UFC 2. I was highly anticipating this, absolutely dumbfounded to find that they have managed to make a great game terrible. Why change the controls (two buttons together to block low, punch and kick together to perform an uppercut) the front end graphics are worse.

I only played single player, and also I played against my cousin.. so I can't make any comment about online. So anyways I picked Tony and he picked Khabib.. and first I notice Tony's face looks more cartoonish than before, it has that more cartoon look about it. In UFC 2 it looked more human like. I found the striking slow and stiff and seems uncoordinated.. my cousin said it is clunky as fuck, and I agreed with him.

I also noticed Conor's stamina in the game, which is very high. LMAO absoutley beyond laughable. This UFC 3 is almost like a montage to Conor, its like a game based on him and they filled in random other things. Apparently there is a huge Conor intro which goes on forever, which luckily I missed.

Wow they got Stevie fuckin wonder judging fights two fights I won Clear 29-28 if not 30-27 two fights in a row both split decisions one win one loss fucking horse shit only time I ever even lose at this game is still when I clearly win

I got this fight and the career mode is so cringe worthy.. all this twitter bs, horrible trash talking options etc...

I really wish they added names like they did in THQ UFC 3, when Buffer was able to read out the full names rather than just 'The......'.

Back