EA UFC 3 (Update: RPM Tech Striking Deep Dive Blog)

Discussion in 'Video Game Forum' started by Yari, Aug 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bradleysan22

Bradleysan22 Green Belt

Not only can you move while striking, but distance management is really key. In UFC 2, it was basically impossible to use a short armed fighter. But in UFC 3, if you are using a longer reach guy, you have to manage distance to land your shots at the end of your strikes or you wont bring as much power to the shot. And conversely, the short armed fighter is much more dangerous inside. Combine that with the ability to strike and move, slip strikes while moving, and suddenly its much more viable to use a shorter fighter against anyone.

I remember facing Barbosa while using Alvarez. My strategy was simple, get inside on Barbosa. Crowd him so his kicks were less effective, and my strikes were more powerful. I was able to do this beautifully. By the 2nd round, I had him broken down.

2. Gregolian

Gregolian .45 ACP Platinum Member

As a guy that doesn't play online I worry this won't matter as Career mode fighters generally you can't dictate the reach.

3. U O E N O

U O E N O Underrated Legend. Siver HOF 2022

The news has been quiet since the beta. Start releasing the roster

4. Socialhandgrenade

Socialhandgrenade Silver Belt

I'm surprised by the quietness also. Hopefully a nice surprise on it's way...

5. BigggerNog

BigggerNog Green Belt

I got an update today for my preorder.

6. HI SCOTT NEWMAN

HI SCOTT NEWMAN Steel Belt Cat ✔

I was thinking this recently, UFC 3 has gone dead quiet, I remember both other EA UFC games had lots of things being leaked and released a few months before, large portions of the roster and legendary fighters and more about the game modes and new features etc etc, but this one has been so silent and its less than a month away.

7. Bradleysan22

Bradleysan22 Green Belt

I'm not worried about it. I've played the Beta, I know what this game is bringing to the table and I'm satisfied with it and then some.

I'm sure roster reveals are coming soon. I'm sure Commercials are in the queue for TV and I'd bet that the next UFC event on TV will start that rotation off.

8. Bradleysan22

Bradleysan22 Green Belt

I laugh though when I see Social Media posts by EA UFC, and the comments inevitably have the following:

-You totally botched the Controls!
    -You better have an option to use Classic Controls!
    -The striking is awful compared to UFC 2!

These people have no idea what Striking is supposed to be like. They would actually prefer to lose the ability to strike and move together, slip punches while moving, and even allow their opponent this ability. They would get completely destroyed by anyone with an idea of how to strike.

I get that the 1st day of playing under the new Striking is awkward, especially if you're used to playing UFC 2. But it's so far and away better than the old way that it's not even close. Totally worth the investment of time and practice to get good at it.

EJRMAN513 and WalkenWouldOwn like this.
  9. Money509

Money509 A Level Poster

I heard career mode is going to be alot better also. The last 2 career modes where trash and generic.

10. Yari

Yari ななせまる

That remains to be seen tbh. It's easy to write about it, but you won't know for certain until the reviews hit.

11. Money509

Money509 A Level Poster

From what i read in the Ea article, they really went into details of what they did and by the sounds of it its gonna be pretty fun

12. cabear

cabear Brown Belt

i'm excited for this release. will it be perfect? nope but i think they're on the right track with the striking. the grappling still seemed odd and robotic but whatever, as long as i can keep it on the feet we good.

13. Tank_Kam

Tank_Kam Purple Belt

I would've preferred they overhaul the ground game and clinch first tbh. I absolutely despise these aspects of the game, and while the striking isn't amazing in UFC 2, its much better than the ground and clinch game which are identical in this game

14. WalkenWouldOwn

WalkenWouldOwn Steel Belt

Even on this forum you see people who play the game for 10 minutes, get their ass kicked, and write it off as a terrible game. This happens with pretty much every game lol. They are idiots and I'm glad the devs don't listen to them and give the loyal player base what we want most of the time.

Bradleysan22 likes this.
  15. TKing

TKing Brown Belt

The new career mode looks like a huge upgrade, it's rare that the video game fan base is impressed but alot of the comments on the trailer for it are very positive.

WalkenWouldOwn and Gregolian like this.
  16. Gregolian

Gregolian .45 ACP Platinum Member

I just hope that longevity meter isn't as crazy as the last game.

Like, I ate TWO jabs in a fight and that was it and my meter progressed far further than it really should have in the last game.

WalkenWouldOwn likes this.
  17. lordsai

lordsai Purple Belt

18. Universal Champion

Universal Champion Blue Belt

lol the heavies move like Cruz & Dillashaw on skates.

EAU3 : I'm not impressed by your performance.

19. bdreason

bdreason Brown Belt

The real question is, how will EA incorporate their lootbox Pay2Win model into the game?

20. BigggerNog

BigggerNog Green Belt

By making people pay to play as Shaq like THQ did.

I've never cared for Ultimate Team mode, but I'm gonna have lots of fun going in and beating on people who payed real money for upgrades lol. Usually the SuperCaf kids are terrible one trick ponies.

WalkenWouldOwn likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.