EA UFC 3 (Update: RPM Tech Striking Deep Dive Blog)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's hard listening to this review complain about "shit outta Mortal Kombat" and then praise the THQ games. Those things were pure arcade games.

I was very disappointed with UFC 2. UFC 1 sucked in many ways, but it had some good things, and it was also a rushed game. I have played the crap out of both, but I enjoyed the undisputed games more.

Things I want added

:Smoother stance switches

:Slower kicks for the majority of fighters; especially lead kicks.

:Increased stamina loss for missing strikes.

:It's easy to throw over 100 punches a round. SShouldn't be that way.

Be able to push opponent into the cage with takedown.

:Running.

:Ability to close the distance with shorter fighters and explode into your shots. Romero doesn't feel like Romero in either of the games.

:Risk reward. If you throw a high kick and miss badly, I should be able to explode my fist into your face, and it should cause more damage because you are wide open. I should also have to worry about fighting a heavy handed fighter.

:Decreased ground and pound damage

:Make fighters feel like themselves. Undisputed did this well.

:Better stats

:Diego Sanchez is an orthodox fighter. It bugs me. He should be a southpaw.

:Overhaul of the AI. I was fighting Maia in single player yeterday. He just kept switching between side control and north south, no mount attempts. Then he randomly stands up. Strikers constantly shoot takedowns. AI never goes after you when you're hurt. So many other issues.

:More single player modes.

:Better career/fnc mode.

:Be able to start your own camp online and recruit friends. Be able to spar with them, being able to focus on certain situations. Have camp leaderboards. Be able to challenge other camps. EG: 5 members of your own camp take on 5 members of another camp, and it is streamed through the game for people to watch. I know this sounds like a pipedream but it would be awesome. MMA is an individual sport, and this would be a nice way to add a team feel to the game.

:Fight night joystick control scheme for punches.

:In career, be able to enter grapping tournaments

:pride mode would be awesome but it would take up a lot of time, and they need to master American MMA first.

:Be able to edit stats for offline play.

:More detailed traits. FN did this well. Fighters would have tendencies for each punch, and also for their style of fighting and they would react in certain ways when hurt.

:More flash knockdowns. They don't have to even be health events.

:You should be made to start out in a fictional promotion in career. Fight 3 times and you have opportunity to join TUF. Win 5-7 fights and be called up for a spot on the prelims. Become a champ and you have the option to join and fight on the main card.

:It should be easier to earn POTN bonus

:More in depth fight history

:Faster route to the title in career

:Be able to fight 50 times depending on damage taken.

:KO losses equal chin decrease.

:Being able to train at real life camps would be sweet

:Be able to have LHWs fight at HW. MWs fight at LHW. WWs fight at MW etc.

:Better movesets

:I hate the douchebags who do 1-2 spam. They will do it to the body too. I can beat it but it just annoys me because it looks ridiculous. It should gas you out faster if you keep throwing the same shots. You would get destroyed irl if you bent down and threw jab straight jab straight to the body.

:Be able to defend takedowns with knees

:More striking angles

:Be able to move back whilst moving your head

:Title mode

I'm sure I have missed something out. I'm asking for a lot, but I feel they have neglected so many things in the first 2 games.

I'm sure they have different people working on different modes. All the teams need to step up.

The part about the shorter fighters is a good point. Lombard and guys like him are basically unusable. They got it right in fight champion with Tyson... Head movement allowed you to get inside and do damage. Inside he had the advantage, outside Ali has the advantage. In Ufc there is absolutely no benefit to a shorter fighter.

The part about the shorter fighters is a good point. Lombard and guys like him are basically unusable. They got it right in fight champion with Tyson... Head movement allowed you to get inside and do damage. Inside he had the advantage, outside Ali has the advantage. In Ufc there is absolutely no benefit to a shorter fighter.

Exactly. It's stupid how FNC is still so much better. You could explode into every punch in that game and reach was
only really relevant if the user knew how to utilise it.

S5wL6eS.gif

ufc-129-gif-gsp-back-spinning-side-kick-jake-shields.gif

These are the latest teasers posted by GPD on the OS forum. Seems to indicate that teeps/kicks could push opponents back. This is pretty dope.

If they can get teep kicks right. The "teep kicks" in the game look more like shit-tier push kicks.

If they can get teep kicks right. The "teep kicks" in the game look more like shit-tier push kicks.
Yeah, apparently for the next game they did more motion-capturing than any other prior MMA game. So we'll see!

Yeah, apparently for the next game they did more motion-capturing than any other prior MMA game. So we'll see!
I don't like mo-cap for shit like this. 3/4s of the strikes you can tell the mo-cap was done to make contact, not punch through the target. It was REAL bad in EA MMA but you can still see it in some strikes of EA UFC 1 and 2.

S5wL6eS.gif

These are the latest teasers posted by GPD on the OS forum. Seems to indicate that teeps/kicks could push opponents back. This is pretty dope.
<5>

S5wL6eS.gif

Didn't this GIF used to be JDS vs Rothwell

I don't fucking care what they add if they don't make the stamina even partially realistic when it comes to special kicks. That's all I do to ensure a KO. Just use the special kick every 5 secs because you won't lose much stamina and it's always bound to land and stun.

You can throw 50 high kicks in a round and have zero stamina penalty. Lol

Huh? Isn't it though

Also, this is awesome;

5hMgiKE.png
Okay my bad it mustn't have loaded on my computer.. <mma2>

But this is good news, a step in the correct direction. Got high hopes for this game..

It’s almost November.

Is anyone expecting news/reveal this month ?
Yeah they should be dropping a trailer this week. Maybe even tomorrow, in any case it should happen between tomorrow and the next event on Saturday.

Yeah they should be dropping a trailer this week. Maybe even tomorrow, in any case it should happen between tomorrow and the next event on Saturday.

Woah ! Do you have insider info ?!! That would be awesome.

Woah ! Do you have insider info ?!! That would be awesome.
Not really but there is a developer posting clues and such on the Operation-Sports forum and it's really gotta happen this week.

He's been teasing it a lot the last few days, especially for something tomorrow. So we'll see, I'd be very surprised if it does not happen on Wednesday at this point.

Not really but there is a developer posting clues and such on the Operation-Sports forum and it's really gotta happen this week.

He's been teasing it a lot the last few days, especially for something tomorrow. So we'll see, I'd be very surprised if it does not happen on Wednesday at this point.

What are you expecting? Just an animated teaser of Conor McGregor fighting Tony Ferguson ? A Madden esque style teaser trailer.

Or actual gameplay?

Maybe a February- March release date. January is a stretch but that would be amazing.

What are you expecting? Just an animated teaser of Conor McGregor fighting Tony Ferguson ? A Madden esque style teaser trailer.

Or actual gameplay?

Maybe a February- March release date. January is a stretch but that would be amazing.
I'm going for a highlight kind of trailer like they usually do for EA Sports games. Madden/NHL etc, they are almost always very similar so I'll expect the same approach here. They seem to really sit on their gameplay videos until close to release, unfortunately. Might be wrong though.

Think we'll see the gameplay but at cinematic angles, no HUD or anything like that. Probably a highlight reel of knockouts and some entrances. I'm thinking they'll focus on the fighters we'll see at UFC 219.

Yeah I'm going with that same Feb/March release. Worked well for them last time with EA UFC 2. They ran a beta last game in late January and I honestly dont' think they can ship this game without doing another one. That Ultimate Team mode is hard to balance, so I'm going to say they will probably want to run another beta for this title too.

I'm going for a highlight kind of trailer like they usually do for EA Sports games. Madden/NHL etc, they are almost always very similar so I'll expect the same approach here. They seem to really sit on their gameplay videos until close to release, unfortunately. Might be wrong though.

Think we'll see the gameplay but at cinematic angles, no HUD or anything like that. Probably a highlight reel of knockouts and some entrances. I'm thinking they'll focus on the fighters we'll see at UFC 219.

Yeah I'm going with that same Feb/March release. Worked well for them last time with EA UFC 2. They ran a beta last game in late January and I honestly dont' think they can ship this game without doing another one. That Ultimate Team mode is hard to balance, so I'm going to say they will probably want to run another beta for this title too.

I really hope they totally revamped the Career mode.

I would at least like to see detailed records with a list of opponents for CAFs.

Having to go on 12-15 fight win streaks to get a title shot is just annoyingly unrealistic even for UFC standards. Also having to play lousy CAFs is lame. Also If they shove TUF down our throats again I’ll be disappointed.

Is EA so stingy or lazy that they can’t create some fake made up minor leagues so that we can fight our way into the UFC. THQ could why can’t EA?

Guess the wait continues. Lol. Its an interesting teaser though, but it doesn't do a whole lot for me with 12 seconds.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back