EA UFC 3 (Update: RPM Tech Striking Deep Dive Blog)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea I agree, they do a great job with patches. The control scheme seems decent enough.

I am a little worried about having to hit 2 trigger buttons just to block low. But like anything else, i'll adjust to it with practice.

Really looking forward to being able to actually strike with a legit strategy and not feel like I'm having to hack the system to achieve it.

Yea I agree, they do a great job with patches. The control scheme seems decent enough.

I am a little worried about having to hit 2 trigger buttons just to block low. But like anything else, i'll adjust to it with practice.

Really looking forward to being able to actually strike with a legit strategy and not feel like I'm having to hack the system to achieve it.

Yeah I wonder if using reach/distance and timing will be a possibility, will be nice to stick and move compared to the parry spam and combo multiplier nonsense. I loved using outside fighters in Fight Night, the distance battle was fun. Is the combo multiplier confirmed to be out? Don't get be wrong, landing a big combo should be rewarded more than single shots in most situations, but IMO it was excessive in UFC 2.

I am interested to see how the different stances will feel like in this game, and even movement. Everybody felt the exact same in EA UFC 2.

You weren't much better in the second game, picking the weakest possible characters in tournaments just to have a built in excuse when you lost and constantly talking about how you liked UFC 1 better. You and Greg both lived on your past achievements and did nothing in UFC 2.

You were helpless without your jab, staight, knee the body cheesy combo from UFC 1 IMO
<{silvanormal}>

UFC 2 sucked so bad I couldnt be bothered to waste my time getting good. I'm glad you remember that combo, that was my signature. GOAT combo in the game with Tarec Saffiedine, nobody could even see it coming.

Really pissed me off they got rid of manual transitioning in the second game, hopefully they fix that garbage and get it back to normal.

Yeah I wonder if using reach/distance and timing will be a possibility, will be nice to stick and move compared to the parry spam and combo multiplier nonsense. I loved using outside fighters in Fight Night, the distance battle was fun. Is the combo multiplier confirmed to be out? Don't get be wrong, landing a big combo should be rewarded more than single shots in most situations, but IMO it was excessive in UFC 2.

Ive experienced your fight IQ, you better hope reach and timing wont come into play. To even act like a more sim style would benefit your simple playstyle is absolutely delusional!

UFC 2 sucked so bad I couldnt be bothered to waste my time getting good. I'm glad you remember that combo, that was my signature. GOAT combo in the game with Tarec Saffiedine, nobody could even see it coming.

Really pissed me off they got rid of manual transitioning in the second game, hopefully they fix that garbage and get it back to normal.

I do remember that combo because I stole it from you, it was pretty badass.

I doubt the ground game is going to change much heading into UFC 3, they have changed the standup so much that and career are probably where all their time went.

<36><36><36><36><36>

You were MAYBE top 5 on Sherdog. A notch above Garnett maybe.

Garnett was like the Bert Cooper of the tournament ultimate journeyman but that's all he was. I was the sickest striker sherdog has seen you know this buddeh. My combos and timing were unmatched. How many wins do you have over me? 1? Maybe 2 if you're lucky?

GOATs get burnt out and have to hang em up for a bit sometimes. Don't make me come out of retirement and GSP your ass like you know I would.

I do remember that combo because I stole it from you, it was pretty badass.

I doubt the ground game is going to change much heading into UFC 3, they have changed the standup so much that and career are probably where all their time went.

I will just get really good at TDD then like I was in the first. I had a flawless strategy especially if I knew my opponent wanted to take me down. I would do the jab straight knee, usually the knee would drain cardio and block the TD. Then I'd wait for them to shoot again, stuff it, do the combo and bam ko. Another combo the was sick and won me tons of fights was jab, right uppercut, left high kick.

Don’t have to many expectations on this hopefully it won’t be P2W

Did you ever win a single tournament?

<28>

Did you ever even win a fight against me? Any tournament you won (if any) wouldve been so shallow I couldve spat in it and it would've been twice as deep.

The tourneys I was fighting in were like the pride Grand Prixs. You should know bro because you were in them and never made it past the first round most of the time. Lol

Did you ever even win a fight against me? Any tournament you won (if any) wouldve been so shallow I couldve spat in it and it would've been twice as deep.

The tourneys I was fighting in were like the pride Grand Prixs. You should know bro because you were in them and never made it past the first round most of the time. Lol

I retired you from UFC 2. You picked Francis Carmont to make sure you had a built in excuse for getting dominated, then you never turned on the game again in humiliation. Even Greg played more than you I think!

I retired you from UFC 2. You picked Francis Carmont to make sure you had a built in excuse for getting dominated, then you never turned on the game again in humiliation. Even Greg played more than you I think!

Do you remember, cherish, and hold that win near and dear to your heart because you know it's probably the only one you will ever have over me?

If it even happened lol probably dreaming one night bro

From what they have been saying, headmovement and movement in general, reach etc, should be the main factors of defense now. So it should play a big role. Especially timing too, because it works like it did in EA MMA with its vulnerability windows. If you clip someone at the right time, he's going to feel it.

Apparently the developers are a little concerned how it is even going to be received by the bigger audience because some people might get very salty getting knocked out as quickly. Atleast the replay will show them what they did wrong.

There will be a lengthy write-up about the entire striking system before the beta actually goes up

The things we need from EA UFC are the submission system, which was so simple and made so much sense.. and the recovery system. The recovery and damage system was an absolute gem.

Made comebacks possible and dramatic, nothing felt too random

It would be cool if they added USADA testing in career mode. You get to choose what PEDS you want to use.

From what they have been saying, headmovement and movement in general, reach etc, should be the main factors of defense now. So it should play a big role. Especially timing too, because it works like it did in EA MMA with its vulnerability windows. If you clip someone at the right time, he's going to feel it.

Apparently the developers are a little concerned how it is even going to be received by the bigger audience because some people might get very salty getting knocked out as quickly. Atleast the replay will show them what they did wrong.

There will be a lengthy write-up about the entire striking system before the beta actually goes up

Anything they can do to make the striking more like EA MMA would be helpful. The striking in that game was so fluid and everything was timing and movement. My biggest concern is that both the EA UFC games have been terrible and I am not sure they can turn it into a good game without starting over. I feel like they totally missed the point of MMA games and made a worse game than THQs first one 5 years earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back