EA UFC 3 (Update: RPM Tech Striking Deep Dive Blog)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will get it because I always get it.

But the first two have been clunky fucks.

With that said I was very good at both games, easily top 5 North America for the 1st, and top 10 for the second. And I hated the second.

The clinch needs to be completely reworked, horrible in the first and game breaking in the second. Not to mention just not fun at all.

Its sad that we are happy we can strike and move in 2017, fucking rediculous in my opnion. Fight Night Round 2 had this over a decade ago

And for godsakes, just make the career mode fun.. is that so hard?

And I dont care what the textures look like, when huge massive heavyweights have the same lower bodies as WWs, and then other fighters have torsos that look like theyve been stretched on some damn medievil torture device, it kind of takes me out of the moment.

I want vastly different arenas. Small venues, big venues shouldnt be too hard.

Make the characters have some semblence of viability and competitiveness.

Sure stats are one thing but no character should be terrible.. and the special moves shouldnt be so damn OP.

Ill get it, but I still hate it.
Top ten North America? Dude you were ass at UFC 2, I wrecked you fast as fuck. And didnt you quit the game for a period? Unless you somehow practiced all those years and I somehow overlooked you on leaderboards that sounds like a crock

But anyways, gonna be my pleasure whoopin everyone again

That punk @sportkillergreg is ducking me already and the game isn't even out yet.

He's like the Johny Hendricks of EA Ufc.

"Only trying 70%"
"Didn't use my ground game"
"better character" "
"I have AIDS so I'm kind of sick today so I was off my game"

Top ten North America? Dude you were ass at UFC 2, I wrecked you fast as fuck. And didnt you quit the game for a period? Unless you somehow practiced all those years and I somehow overlooked you on leaderboards that sounds like a crock

UFC 2 just sucked ass in general they replaced the skill in transitions with "whoever has the highest number system wins" hold the stick one way or the other.

Nobody knows who you are.

Youre the Jack Dillashaw or whatever the fuck his name is to my Chuck Liddell, the Deontay Wilder to my Mike Tyson.

By the time you came along everybody stopped watching.

Nobody knows who you are.

Youre the Jack Dillashaw or whatever the fuck his name is to my Chuck Liddell, the Deontay Wilder to my Mike Tyson.

By the time you came along everybody stopped watching.

It's okay he's salty hes just a geek who will never achieve legendary status like us. He's like Mighty Mouse. Pretty good but at the end of the day no one gives an absolute fuck about him. He could disappear off here and no one would care.

It's okay he's salty hes just a geek who will never achieve legendary status like us. He's like Mighty Mouse. Pretty good but at the end of the day no one gives an absolute fuck about him. He could disappear off here and no one would care.

Yeah, an absolute try hard. Hes more cringe than good.

Have you found me on the leaderboards yet little man? Keep scrolling to the top.

Did you just try to insult me by comparing me to Demetrius Johnson? Lol

i was playing ea ufc 2 the other night and was thinking how it would be great if they implemented draws and DQs into the game.

I will get it because I always get it.

But the first two have been clunky fucks.

With that said I was very good at both games, easily top 5 North America for the 1st, and top 10 for the second. And I hated the second.

The clinch needs to be completely reworked, horrible in the first and game breaking in the second. Not to mention just not fun at all.

Its sad that we are happy we can strike and move in 2017, fucking rediculous in my opnion. Fight Night Round 2 had this over a decade ago

And for godsakes, just make the career mode fun.. is that so hard?

And I dont care what the textures look like, when huge massive heavyweights have the same lower bodies as WWs, and then other fighters have torsos that look like theyve been stretched on some damn medievil torture device, it kind of takes me out of the moment.

I want vastly different arenas. Small venues, big venues shouldnt be too hard.

Make the characters have some semblence of viability and competitiveness.

Sure stats are one thing but no character should be terrible.. and the special moves shouldnt be so damn OP.

Ill get it, but I still hate it.
Well to be fair, Fight Night didnt have to worry about control schemes for Clinch, Ground, Submissions, Kicks,etc.. There are only so many buttons and when you are trying to create an MMA game, the use of those buttons stack up pretty fast. So I get it.

But I definitely agree with you on the clinch. Its a real bummer watching Undisputed 3 have such a fluid clinch game, able to push and pull out of Thai Plum, land strikes while battling back and forth. And yet UFC 2 was completely stuck in the mud and it appears it will be unchanged in UFC 3.

I read recently that they used statistics to determine what areas of the game should be focused on for improvement for UFC 3. And statistics showed that 80%+ of UFC 2 was fought in standup exchanges. So they took that as evidence of people not being as interested in grappling.

But what they are ignoring the reason behind the statistic. People didnt clinch and go to the ground because it wasn't that fun. If they improved ground and pound, added ground sways, got rid of the clunky, disengaging submission system, and actually made clinch a fluid, responsive system, I guarantee people would me more willing to grapple.

EDIT: But I will admit the stand up did need work, so Im not mad. But just wish they also improved clinch, submissions, GnP

Last edited:
UFC 2 just sucked ass in general they replaced the skill in transitions with "whoever has the highest number system wins" hold the stick one way or the other.
Maybe you just aren't very good at the game.

<36><36><36><36><36>

You were MAYBE top 5 on Sherdog. A notch above Garnett maybe.

Striking Control Scheme for UFC 3:

I feel a bit indifferent to the control scheme for the moment but i'm sure i'll get used to it. I just hope they've put as much effort into the grappling as they have with stand up

That punk @sportkillergreg is ducking me already and the game isn't even out yet.

He's like the Johny Hendricks of EA Ufc.

"Only trying 70%"
"Didn't use my ground game"
"better character" "
"I have AIDS so I'm kind of sick today so I was off my game"

You weren't much better in the second game, picking the weakest possible characters in tournaments just to have a built in excuse when you lost and constantly talking about how you liked UFC 1 better. You and Greg both lived on your past achievements and did nothing in UFC 2.

You were helpless without your jab, staight, knee the body cheesy combo from UFC 1 IMO
<{silvanormal}>

I wonder what the new "cheese" will be under this new striking system. While it sounds like it's finally going to reward a realistic approach, we all know something will arise similar to the Body 1 2's followed by a Head kick haha

I wonder what the new "cheese" will be under this new striking system. While it sounds like it's finally going to reward a realistic approach, we all know something will arise similar to the Body 1 2's followed by a Head kick haha

Oh there will be something for sure. The good thing is they always do a great job at listening to the community and adjusting what's broken. There will still be some combos that are a little too effective maybe, but these games really have had some of the best post release support of any game I've ever played. By the time they are truely finished they play almost nothing like what they felt like at launch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back