Locked EA UFC 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't gone to a decision that was very clear yet - is the scoring criteria similar to last game? Does it measure significant strikes the same way?

I haven't gone to a decision that was very clear yet - is the scoring criteria similar to last game? Does it measure significant strikes the same way?
Not sure but I havent had any decisions that I didnt agree with.

Ohhhhhh

I'm a strictly online gamer...100% of my fights are in either quick match or ranked...There is definitely a delayed reaction when you posture up and when you want to deliver strikes online
That would explain it I'm the exact opposite of you I don't like online gaming for sports titles

EA's over reliance on the online portion of the game via micro transactions is holding the game back. Online should be an enhancement of a game at best (unless it's a MMO). EA had one job to do, and that was to improve Career Mode (Optional retirement; ability to fight in PRIDE, Strikeforce, Shooto, etc; more CAF slots, transfer CAFs to other game modes automatically; CAF share; Create a Promotion). Instead, they shafted the single player content for this Ultimate Team garbage which no serious gamer wanted. :mad: [/rant]

If you want to play a MMA game with deep replay value, go get World of Mixed Martial Arts 4 by Adam Ryland (Grey Dog Studios) on the PC.

EA's over reliance on the online portion of the game via micro transactions is holding the game back. Online should be an enhancement of a game at best (unless it's a MMO). EA had one job to do, and that was to improve Career Mode (Optional retirement; ability to fight in PRIDE, Strikeforce, Shooto, etc; more CAF slots, transfer CAFs to other game modes automatically; CAF share; Create a Promotion). Instead, they shafted the single player content for this Ultimate Team garbage which no serious gamer wanted. :mad: [/rant]

If you want to play a MMA game with deep replay value, go get World of Mixed Martial Arts 4 by Adam Ryland (Grey Dog Studios) on the PC.
I think you are seriously misinformed about the online gaming trends. Basically every report out there shows that the majority of gamers are playing online more so now than ever, and the off-line single player breed is dying.

You can argue that the micro-transaction strategy is a mistake, but there's a reason that almost every major game released now is primarily marketing toward the online segment. That's where everyone plays.

I do have to say that the whole big hit and they say stagger back and you can't pounce on them is kind of lame

I do have to say that the whole big hit and they say stagger back and you can't pounce on them is kind of lame
I agree, I like a mix of quick fights as well as back and forth battles. I already don't even bother chasing when they stanky leg

LOL dick measuring. I cant speak with anyone else, but thats not why I play online at all. I really dont care if I get beat or win. I just find it much more enjoyable to strategize against a real human brain instead of a CPU. I love playing chess, but you'd never catch me playing by myself against a computer chip. It's not fun. same thing here.
It just seems that most of the criticism is aimed at the online play failing and resulting in players losing and bruising their egos.

Personally, I don't like playing the MMA games online as much as I like creating funny characters and taking them through a career and doing other shit like creating people I hate and making compilation videos of me decapitating them complete with a soundtrack. So for me, the game is almost perfect.

LOL dick measuring. I cant speak with anyone else, but thats not why I play online at all. I really dont care if I get beat or win. I just find it much more enjoyable to strategize against a real human brain instead of a CPU.

same EXACT reason I play online. I don't talk shit. I try to win, but if I lose, I don't rage. EVERYONE is beatable and I take the wins and losses in stride equally.... I like the unpredictability of playing against a human opponent. I have zero desire to do any career mode (I don't knock people who do though) but I feel online gaming is a trend that it only on the rise

It just seems that most of the criticism is aimed at the online play failing and resulting in players losing and bruising their egos.

Personally, I don't like playing the MMA games online as much as I like creating funny characters and taking them through a career and doing other shit like creating people I hate and making compilation videos of me decapitating them complete with a soundtrack. So for me, the game is almost perfect.

I created Clubber Lang in ultimate team yesterday, they even have "Clubber" as a nickname which they will actually announce and shit. I pity the fool who tries to stand with Clubber.

same EXACT reason I play online. I don't talk shit. I try to win, but if I lose, I don't rage. EVERYONE is beatable and I take the wins and losses in stride equally.... I like the unpredictability of playing against a human opponent. I have zero desire to do any career mode (I don't knock people who do though) but I feel online gaming is a trend that it only on the rise

While I agree with you I really hate that that games short change everything else and focus only on the Online feature. Everything else is secondary.

It should be the other way around imo. A game shouldn't feel like half a product without its multiplayer.

My CAF on ultimate team is the goofiest looking mofo and all the people I play on there take this shit seriously. Tribal tattoos, crosses, etc. My guy has a cross, a massive one on his back that's upside down with a demon purched on top.

It's competitive out there, so there are definitely people that get aggravated when the game has areas that don't operate as they should be or create an even playing field.

I just dont get all that crazy about it like some. I do voice my opinion, because I know that the devs listen to feedback and if UFC 1 is any indication, there will be multiple patches to improve the gameplay over the next 2+ months. So I make it known what I think needs attention.

While I agree with you I really hate that that games short change everything else and focus only on the Online feature. Everything else is secondary.

It should be the other way around imo. A game shouldn't feel like half a product without its multiplayer.
But if it were the other way around, and they primarily focused on career and single player, they would be committing business suicide and the game wouldnt last.

can't use my retired career caf in fight now...or any mode. that's the first thing I do in every mma/boxing game once career's done - do a tourney against the top 10 with my 90+ rated career caf. can't use him. at all. but you could in ea ufc 1...makes no sense.

also, read on some gaming websites you'll unlock Bas, Tyson & Saku once yer completed career....nope, nothing. still the store icon. is this a bug?

12-5 online now. I feel like that should be better though, only really feel like I got outclassed on one of those fights (I was Pena vs Holm). I got KO'ed as Paddy Holohan vs Mighty Mouse, was picking the guy apart all fight and he just kept spamming spinning headkicks. Always felt like I was far enough away from them but got dropped by one of them and couldn't recover.

Mostly playing as fighters who weren't in the 1st game, generally lower tiered guys. Won a 5 round decision against Weidman with Maldonado, was dominating him all fight other than getting hit by a few headkicks when he kept spamming them. Dunno whether Weidman is just made of iron on this or Maldonado has no power, I destroyed his body and caught him flush in the face so many times but don't think I had him rocked once despite landing 250+ strikes.

Destroyed a Costas Phillipou with Tavares who I liked playing as. Dominated Lawler to a decision with Magny and just defended my title with Kenny Robertson against Lawler who I KO'ed in the 2nd. I submitted Nick Diaz with Natal in the 3rd but didn't like the feel of Natal for some reason, just quite slow. Derek Brunson is fun to play as though, can mix it up well and you can feel his power when he strikes.

So glad they put a random button in, though would rather it didn't say who it was prior to you confirming.

also, read on some gaming websites you'll unlock Bas, Tyson & Saku once yer completed career....nope, nothing. still the store icon. is this a bug?

If you complete career mode with a legend status (1,000,000+ fans) fighter Bas, Tyson, and Saku will be unlocked.

takedowns and grapple fucking seems to score big points. I've won several fights where I was getting thrashed standing but won decisions based on grappling and takedowns and sub attempts

Game is just absolute shit in my opnion.

A big swing and a miss.

Its absolutely rediculous that you cant consistently win with someone like Lombard, simply because of his reach. That right there means the game is fundamentally flawed. Im returning this shit after the tourney.

Game is just absolute shit in my opnion.

A big swing and a miss.

Its absolutely rediculous that you cant consistently win with someone like Lombard, simply because of his reach. That right there means the game is fundamentally flawed. Im returning this shit after the tourney.

ur just mad cuz simple jack kicked ur ass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back