EA SPORTS UFC, v4: "Where are the Heavyweights?"...Seriously

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly practice against the computer learning combos. Put it at hard or medium so you will get your ass kicked a few times and you will start figuring things out. I only really go for subs from the bottom, submissions aren't the be all end all just learn to defend and you'll be fine. Also practice your distance and timing, don't just run in throwing hooks. Parrying isn't really necessary I never really block to be honest unless I'm in danger, constant forward pressure and body shots to keep there cardio low.

You don't really have to worry about spammers or fuck all, although there is this annoying flaw in the game where there is about a 2 second window after you throw a kick where you can be taken down by anyone unless you're Jon Jones. Hope tht helps. If you played the old ufc games you should pick up on this one fairly quickly I was black belt the first day I played.

Thanks man. ;)

Does anyone know how to "stuff" a clinch attempt? Is it R2 + back with the right stick?

Also, how do you do the whip and stop the other person from getting out of the clinch?

Thanks.

Does anyone know how to "stuff" a clinch attempt? Is it R2 + back with the right stick?

Also, how do you do the whip and stop the other person from getting out of the clinch?

Thanks.

r2+up with the right stick to stuff clinch attemps and same with denying clinch escapes. L1+transition in thai clinch is the whip however only certain fighters have that move.

r2+up with the right stick to stuff clinch attemps and same with denying clinch escapes. L1+transition in thai clinch is the whip however only certain fighters have that move.

Thanks man. Do you have any advice on what to do when someone is pressuring you non-stop and you have no stamina left? I get cornered, then I can't parry, side step, or block or do anything and just end up getting KO'd. And of course they have that stupid thing where if you attempt a takedown you get shucked away by a hook if they're in the middle of their combination lol.

Thanks man. Do you have any advice on what to do when someone is pressuring you non-stop and you have no stamina left? I get cornered, then I can't parry, side step, or block or do anything and just end up getting KO'd. And of course they have that stupid thing where if you attempt a takedown you get shucked away by a hook if they're in the middle of their combination lol.

Try not blocking as much and use low stamina strikes don't just throw power strikes. Try to get your timing down too because if you whiff on punches your stamina goes down quicker. Throw more body shots at your opponent as well so there stamina isn't so high.

Try not blocking as much and use low stamina strikes don't just throw power strikes. Try to get your timing down too because if you whiff on punches your stamina goes down quicker. Throw more body shots at your opponent as well so there stamina isn't so high.

Thanks man, do hooks and uppercuts count as "high stamina?" My favorite combo to throw is the left jab to the body, right uppercut, followed by a left highkick.

Thanks man, do hooks and uppercuts count as "high stamina?" My favorite combo to throw is the left jab to the body, right uppercut, followed by a left highkick.

Kicks use a fair amount of stamina. Try left jab uppercut and left hook to the head. Also left jab to the face, straight right to the body, left jab to the face then knee to the body is a lethal one. Just drains there stamina. Left jab then left hook to the body is a good one too. Just try throwing 3-4 punch combos then resetting just out of your opponents distance so you can jab your way back in. If you hit your opponent there stamina won't go back up. Try setting up your kicks as well, because at higher levels the good grapplers will just take you down off of a kick and fuck you up. I'm pretty good on the ground but mostly just defend takedowns and fuck people up on the feet. Jabs to the face get people worried and they start face blocking then you can unload with body shots. Just walk forward like chris leben when your stamina is high and theirs is low and move in for the kill.

Kicks use a fair amount of stamina. Try left jab uppercut and left hook to the head. Also left jab to the face, straight right to the body, left jab to the face then knee to the body is a lethal one. Just drains there stamina. Left jab then left hook to the body is a good one too. Just try throwing 3-4 punch combos then resetting just out of your opponents distance so you can jab your way back in. If you hit your opponent there stamina won't go back up. Try setting up your kicks as well, because at higher levels the good grapplers will just take you down off of a kick and fuck you up. I'm pretty good on the ground but mostly just defend takedowns and fuck people up on the feet. Jabs to the face get people worried and they start face blocking then you can unload with body shots. Just walk forward like chris leben when your stamina is high and theirs is low and move in for the kill.

Good tips, will try them out, thanks.

Edit: I've been on a roll incorporating some of the above tips, haha. Was one point shy of getting to red belt but oh well. I'm 2-0 on my second try of getting out of blackbelt.

Last edited:
I thought I was pretty good until I got to black belt. I literally have gotten owned within a minute or two every single fight.

that's ur problem, u shouldn't throw a 3 shot combination that ends in a highkick. Pretty much ever. ur either going to flush ur stamina down the toilet or get taken down. Only exception is like if ur opponent has like no stamina or if u are using someone with tricky kicks like anderson silva and see the opening. Anderson silva's R1 + back modified headkick can be pretty hard to read. I recommend using anderson silva too, i think he has the most intuitive and fluid striking. Use the middleweight Anderson though, the extra stamina helps a lot.

I thought I was pretty good until I got to black belt. I literally have gotten owned within a minute or two every single fight.

GOOD!!!! it should motivate you to get better!!!

I used to think I was the MAN until I fought a few savages that post here.....

Haven't touched this game since the end of the last tourney lol got burned out playing so much

that's ur problem, u shouldn't throw a 3 shot combination that ends in a highkick. Pretty much ever. ur either going to flush ur stamina down the toilet or get taken down. Only exception is like if ur opponent has like no stamina or if u are using someone with tricky kicks like anderson silva and see the opening. Anderson silva's R1 + back modified headkick can be pretty hard to read. I recommend using anderson silva too, i think he has the most intuitive and fluid striking. Use the middleweight Anderson though, the extra stamina helps a lot.

The fuck are you talking about? I finish lots of my combos in high kicks and they usually end up getting me the KO.

The fuck are you talking about? I finish lots of my combos in high kicks and they usually end up getting me the KO.

it has to be timed. if he just starts the fight with a 3 hit combo that ends in a high kick, i would prob take him down 8/10 times off of that. as the fight goes on and u see the openings u can do high kicks but i do not recommend that many high kicks for newer players until they got a better understanding of the flow of the fight. most newer players can't control their stamina and when u combine that with throwing high kicks either ur stamina is going down the toilet even faster or ur getting taken down.

One thing I've noticed about this game is the judges decision will usually go to the person with the better character. Fought a Melendez yesterday with Krauss first round was all me second round was pretty much the same the third was the only round he could've won.. Yet he got a 30-27 decision over me. Me and my buddies jaws both hit the floor because it looked like a clear cut 29-28 in my favor. My opponent was mad because I went full mayweather at the end and he couldn't touch me while I pieced him up. Numerous others have pointed out that the decision seems to go to the more "popular" fighter, but in reality it's just the fighter with higher stats they give the dec. to.

it has to be timed. if he just starts the fight with a 3 hit combo that ends in a high kick, i would prob take him down 8/10 times off of that. as the fight goes on and u see the openings u can do high kicks but i do not recommend that many high kicks for newer players until they got a better understanding of the flow of the fight. most newer players can't control their stamina and when u combine that with throwing high kicks either ur stamina is going down the toilet even faster or ur getting taken down.

So you don't ever throw high kicks?

What about leg kicks and body kicks.

i throw high kicks but not very often. I usually use em as a combo ender when my opponent is low on stamina. Sometimes i throw a high kick out there if i see an opening. Im way more likely to use high kicks if i see the other guy isn't trying to get a takedown.

Leg kicks i probably underuse. If you use the leg kick that goes across your body it counts as a significant strike when it lands. Significant strikes play a big factor into whether you will get a decision win or not. I use the lead leg kick usually instead , it doesn't count as a significant strike but i like to start off a lot of combos with it. I especially like it when my opponent has low stamina, because you can throw the lead leg kick to slow their retreat and follow up with a combo to punish them.

With Anderson Silva I like his lunging side kick. I use it as a combo ender usually. I don't use a lot of the normal body kicks but they can be awesome if u catch a guy sidestepping into a body kick. With the normal body kicks im usually too afraid of getting countered though, i could probably make it flow in a combo somehow but it doesn't feel natural to me.

one thing to keep in mind is all kicks except the lead leg kick count as significant strikes

One thing I've noticed about this game is the judges decision will usually go to the person with the better character. Fought a Melendez yesterday with Krauss first round was all me second round was pretty much the same the third was the only round he could've won.. Yet he got a 30-27 decision over me. Me and my buddies jaws both hit the floor because it looked like a clear cut 29-28 in my favor. My opponent was mad because I went full mayweather at the end and he couldn't touch me while I pieced him up. Numerous others have pointed out that the decision seems to go to the more "popular" fighter, but in reality it's just the fighter with higher stats they give the dec. to.

I'm with you on that. I convincingly won a decision yesterday as Tim Elliot, but they gave the split to Barao. very annoying.

Don't fuck with leg kicks they just fuck up your combos. Why throw a leg kick when you can throw a spinning back kick or knee to the body or high kick that covers just as much or more distance. Only thing he's right about is the baby leg kick is good to stop retreating opponents, but it isn't necessary at all if you're the bigger fighter and know the distance. You'll never KO anyone with leg kicks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back