Dynamix MMA vs Thai Boxing Institute

rogerhassy

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am looking to train at one of these gyms: Dynamix MMA or Thai Boxing Institute in the Los Angeles area. My focus will be on stand up/striking, as I know Dynamix is an MMA gym. Has anyone trained at either of these gyms or preferably both, and can give some info? Thanks in advance.

Hi everyone,

I am looking to train at one of these gyms: Dynamix MMA or Thai Boxing Institute in the Los Angeles area. My focus will be on stand up/striking, as I know Dynamix is an MMA gym. Has anyone trained at either of these gyms or preferably both, and can give some info? Thanks in advance.

Dynamic is UFC vet Antoni Hardonk's gym (or at least he teaches there)...you'll prob be learning Dutch kickboxing from him as he's a huge Dutch guy lol.

TBI is owned by Victor Acosta, who is a product of Muay Thai Academy in North Hollywood (my first MT gym and the oldest MT gym in the US). He was before my time (I started in 2010) so I'd assume he came up under Kru Santi, Kru Puk and Malaipet...all former pros from Thailand. I've trained under both Puk and Santi (my first kru) and have never trained with Victor but I'm assuming you'd be getting solid traditional MT knowledge from him, based on who his instructors were.

If you want Dutch KB, go with Dynamix and if you want traditional Muay Thai, go with TBI.

TBI must have a new location because I used to pass by it on my way home and it burned down earlier this year.

Back