Dylan was not in that fight mentally

I think he was waiting for the right time but ended up basically waiting too long and taking too many shots in the process. He just fought too defensively and it cost him, but then if he hadn't of fought in that fashion he likely would of gotten his head knocked off in rd 1.

Hall was picking him apart, that'll sap your confidence right-quick. Every time he tried to do something he ate a stiff jab, and eventually when his only chance of winning was to rush him, he was paralyzed. That's understandable.

Dylan's a tough guy and he deserves credit for a good effort this season. Hall's just on another level. Part of me wants to say he probably shouldn't even have been on the show, but this is a great way to build up a fighter into a recognisable asset. I'd love to hear if the UFC-brass knew about how good Hall was before-hand and thought, what a great springboard for our acquisition of a fighter like that, or if they were just as shocked by how much better he was than the rest.

With that being said, Kelvin has a shot. He's much quicker and more aggressive in the scrambles than the rest of the house.

You realize Dylan is from NZ you ignorant SoB?

He's saying he was taken down by a Brit in his last fight, so he won't make it too far.

I disagree, but he didn't really say anything too stupid.

Yea after the first few minutes of the 1st Uriah was firmly in his head. I've had the same experience in sparring sessions. Your opponent constantly moving, attacking from different angles. Not too mention Uriahs speed and power.

I think Dylan was the victim of a shit game plan too. He really should have forced a takedown as early as possible like Cain/JDS 2, and maintain constant pressure.

Anyways that's easier said than done. Hope he does well at the finale.

My take is just that has no answers against a monster.
He wanted to shoot a TD but couldn't find the timing becxause Uriah was just too good.

For me, it's Uriah who did what he had to do.

i think he got really hurt early. dylan doesn't seem like the type of guy to lose heart just cuz a guy is scary.

Uriah broke him, first with leg kicks (look at the leg of Andrews after less than 4 minutes) and then with powerful jabs.

got taken down by a freaking Brit. This guy wont be that successful

Okay but then TUF GOAT Uriah was taken down by the guy who was taken down by the Brit. So I guess he wont go anywhere either.

He was timid & looked scared. He was all about trying to keep his hands up to protect himself but then he stood right in front of him. He landed a couple good shots but its like he already accepted defeat. It's a shame, Dylan seems like a really nice guy.

The only chance Dylan really had was when Uriah threw combos to take him down, once the jab started game over. The GNP from bottom was insane from Uriah. Dylan is tough and should be proud he lasted the longest.

It just looked like he was out matched. Hall's speed and power was keeping him from mounting any kind of attack.

Anderson Silva jabs >Urijah jabs > GSP jabs

you cant be in a fight mentally when you get swept and punched from the bottom

I don't think it was fear. Uriah had Dylan VERY confused with his offensive array. Dylan's timing & rhythm were completely disrupted. He had no idea what was coming & when. This in turn had Dylan very concerned, hesitant & late on everything. Due to all this, Dylan basically turned into a "catcher." That was brutal...

This. I can tell hardly any of you guys actually fight because you would easily understand that when you step in with someone who is just much better, too fast and generally bamboozles you then it can leave you with no answers. And this is what happened.

Dylan was trying to get closer but was just getting picked off by punches he didn't even see coming. That 5" reach advantage certainly didn't help but it was the speed that did it. And they weren't no pitty patty jabs that broke his nose.

Once Dylan got his nose broke that's what really shut him down. He just started flinching and putting his hands up if Hall even twitched. This didn't impress me as I've had my nose broken quite a few times and yes it's not nice but you have to just get on with it. Admittedly it really can throw a lot of fighters when it happens.

He knew after a few solid leg kicks and stinging jabs that he was overmatched and just tried to cover up. The problem there was Uriah was getting through his defense as was evident by how fast he began to swell and bleed... he was just trying to not get brutally ko'd like Bubba and Cella which is why i think he was too timid to attack.

Completely agree, Dylan knew that Hall had a reach advantage, speed advantage, and overall better striker than him. If you look at Dylan previous fights, when given time to try to strike with an opponent he can land shots, but Hall just blitzed him with jabs and leg kicks. Dylan came in the fight with the mentality that Hall can and will hurt him if he tried to trade punches with him.

Back