Dying Light or Dead Island

TrueBias

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Ive had my fair share of Dead Island, as we all have, but I happened to buy it while on sale and when the kinks were ironed out. Still, I kept reading the at DL was all that much better.

Ive played only a fraction of DL and...the weapons get screwed way too fast. Ive got an array of melee weapons and theyre breaking like theyre made out of legos. DI had this same ailment, but my god, it wasnt this bad. Plus, Id be able to find something, anything, laying around if need be, but in DL, apparently this Survivor Sense doesnt pick up weapons?

Boys, I am lost here. This game is rated so highly but never have I gotten so flustered so quickly by a highly rated game. I died at the giant black infected guy. I fought him with destroyed weapons and thought, well, Id be resurrected by the last checkpoint and we can start again. NOPE. If its a total reset, then this game is out. I went through that torture with NES. No more.

I for one, and I'm in the minority, like Dead Island way more than Dying Light. Dying Light i just could not get into.

Ive had my fair share of Dead Island, as we all have, but I happened to buy it while on sale and when the kinks were ironed out. Still, I kept reading the at DL was all that much better.

Ive played only a fraction of DL and...the weapons get screwed way too fast. Ive got an array of melee weapons and theyre breaking like theyre made out of legos. DI had this same ailment, but my god, it wasnt this bad. Plus, Id be able to find something, anything, laying around if need be, but in DL, apparently this Survivor Sense doesnt pick up weapons?

Boys, I am lost here. This game is rated so highly but never have I gotten so flustered so quickly by a highly rated game. I died at the giant black infected guy. I fought him with destroyed weapons and thought, well, Id be resurrected by the last checkpoint and we can start again. NOPE. If its a total reset, then this game is out. I went through that torture with NES. No more.

A lot of times I don't even fight these monsters and I just go about my missions. Especially in the beginning of the game. I had one mission where I had to take out one of the huge hammer guys, a bunch of zombies around him, and when I open a door a huge spitting monster comes out. I kept trying to kill everything and then I just said fuck it. Lead as many of them as I could away and just ran in hit the button and continued my mission.

Dying Light is great. The weapon deterioration is awful at first, but stick with it, level up a bit and it soon becomes a non-issue

Dying Light all the way. Dead Island was hot garbage.

I'm the opposite, but then again I had people to playing dying light with when it first came out. And didn't even try dead island till much later after it came out.

A lot of times I don't even fight these monsters and I just go about my missions. Especially in the beginning of the game. I had one mission where I had to take out one of the huge hammer guys, a bunch of zombies around him, and when I open a door a huge spitting monster comes out. I kept trying to kill everything and then I just said fuck it. Lead as many of them as I could away and just ran in hit the button and continued my mission.

Ill give it another try but i like fighting the zombies in these games especially in the beginning because i am learning how to fight, use the environment, etc. I do need to keep playing and see if i notice shit in the background but ive been using theae broken pipes and chair legs for too long.

In DI id break shit, but id find something laying around, even throwing objects.

Ill dive back in and review later.

Ill give it another try but i like fighting the zombies in these games especially in the beginning because i am learning how to fight, use the environment, etc. I do need to keep playing and see if i notice shit in the background but ive been using theae broken pipes and chair legs for too long.

In DI id break shit, but id find something laying around, even throwing objects.

Ill dive back in and review later.

Yea it's pretty tough in the beginning of the game. I'm playing on hard to. Trying to kill zombies isn't even fun. I'm blasting them with like 7-8 shots before they die. Some head shots some not.

So, i have been playing Dying Light since and yes, i was wrong. DL is better than Dead Island. I have basically not put this game down and have been obsessed with crafting and leveling up.

The parkour shit is fun but levels where i have to climb high have caused me to rage quit A LOT. Nothing like being careful as fuck, slipping off, getting pushed, whatever, and falling to my death, having to start the motherfucker all over. That shit is not fun.

Anyway, im glad i bought this and haven't even touched the multiplayer portion.

Dying Light was preeeeetty awesome.

But I loved the combat system in Dead Island with the sticks. Really cool.

Overall I think Dying Light was better though.

So, i have been playing Dying Light since and yes, i was wrong. DL is better than Dead Island. I have basically not put this game down and have been obsessed with crafting and leveling up.

The parkour shit is fun but levels where i have to climb high have caused me to rage quit A LOT. Nothing like being careful as fuck, slipping off, getting pushed, whatever, and falling to my death, having to start the motherfucker all over. That shit is not fun.

Anyway, im glad i bought this and haven't even touched the multiplayer portion.
Grappling hook ftw

I loved Dying light.. The amount of hours I put into maxing out my skill trees and creating the best weapons in the game was ridiculous.

The map for The Following was pretty great too.

I can't recall a single moment in my 70+ hours of Dying Light where I was without a weapon.

I'm a weapon hoarder for the sake of selling them so I'm always going through my inventory to drop the cheapest weapon so I can pick up the more expensive ones.

As someone mentioned above, stick with it and it'll quickly become a non-issue. The traversal in Dying Light is a ton of fun.

I can't recall a single moment in my 70+ hours of Dying Light where I was without a weapon.

I'm a weapon hoarder for the sake of selling them so I'm always going through my inventory to drop the cheapest weapon so I can pick up the more expensive ones.

As someone mentioned above, stick with it and it'll quickly become a non-issue. The traversal in Dying Light is a ton of fun.
I had to go get some douchebags camera on an overpass and all my shit broke and I was left with molotovs and firecrackers make it out then ran into a drop zone and died never played it agian.

These days I play on nightmare. On nightmare melee weapons are useless anyways, even 3xKing+Angel Sword on the best 1402 base damage machete resulting in ~2700 damage will take a couple of blows to kill a regular zombie.

Back