Dying for Warcraft IV :(

Panmisiek

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I miss some complex RTS with heroes, spells, items.

I played the shit out of Warcraft 3, both campaign and multiplayer.

Wish something new would finally come out.

Yeah I've been waiting for a Long time as well. W3 was beautiful . The custom campaigns were great too, people would create their own campaigns and others could download and play them .

The graphics were also great for such an old game .

Just play Total War. It’s better.

I think they might be afraid to try another Warcraft game. It would be near impossible to meet everyone’s expectations

Unfortunately the RTS genre is pretty much dead :(

Warcraft III was so ahead of its time it was crazy. In a way you could even say that it was responsible for ushering in the two genres (MMOs and MOBAs) that grew at the expense of its genre. Who knows, if Blizzard had played their cards differently and the RTS genre collectively didn't treat esports as a fad everyone would be playing Warcraft 5 and Command & Conquer Ultimate or something like that in tournaments for millions.

Just play Total War. It’s better.

I think they might be afraid to try another Warcraft game. It would be near impossible to meet everyone’s expectations

Love Total War. Shogun II is damn near perfect. Love Rome as well.

On topic I've probably beaten Warcraft 3 and Frozen Throne like 3-5 times each and probably the same for Warcraft 2 and Beyond the Dark Portal. It wouldn't shock me if they made another one. They made Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3 (heard they are making another Diablo). I think once they milk WOW to death they're gonna either make a WOW 2 or Warcraft 4.

Will come out along with Half Life 3.

After 12 years Starcraft 2 didn't set the ESports community on fire as much as Blizzard had expected, its doubtful they're going to bother with Warcraft 4.

I fucking loved Starcraft 2, by the way, although the campaign expansions felt half-assed compared to Wings of Liberty.

Never got into the multiplayer as much as some hardcore players did. Bronze League Forever!

After 12 years Starcraft 2 didn't set the ESports community on fire as much as Blizzard had expected, its doubtful they're going to bother with Warcraft 4.

I fucking loved Starcraft 2, by the way, although the campaign expansions felt half-assed compared to Wings of Liberty.

Never got into the multiplayer as much as some hardcore players did. Bronze League Forever!

Yea I liked Starcraft 2 as well. Me and my cousin wont even play online with other people it's way to hardcore. We just like playing against a bunch of PC's on the hardest mode and trying to win.

Rts games arent pooular anymore which sucks because I was really good at them.

I still play starcraft pretty much religiously.

Warcraft is a bit dated now. I personally hated what they did in the 3rd installment with heroes. Ya just relied on them too much. Starcraft 2 cleaned that right up.

I'd play it but World of Warcraft remains TBE of the warcraft series for me. WC3 I played more Dota than the actual game.

Screw blizzard RTS's. Go play a real one like Steel divison or Total war

Have you tried Northgard? It's kind of like WarCraft merged with Civilization.

I still want a Starcraft movie. But with how the WoW movie did, good luck with that.

I still want a Starcraft movie. But with how the WoW movie did, good luck with that.

After hearing about the quality of the Warcraft movie, and seeing the quality of the story in the Starcraft 2 expansions, I have a feeling its best being never made.

After hearing about the quality of the Warcraft movie, and seeing the quality of the story in the Starcraft 2 expansions, I have a feeling its best being never made.
What's become apparent is that the strength of the franchise's brand has no bearing on the quality of the adapted film. Most movies end up sucking anyway, especially nowadays, so by that statistic, most video game-adapted films will be of poor quality—more so since usually they're inviting more CGI and mindless orchestral scores, and then you get a gobbled up mess like the Warcraft movie.

It's just about trying to grab the unicorn that is a script by a writer who actually knows the adapted work, a director who's inspired, and a team that can bring it all to life. Much easier said than done, though.

What's become apparent is that the strength of the franchise's brand has no bearing on the quality of the adapted film. Most movies end up sucking anyway, especially nowadays, so by that statistic, most video game-adapted films will be of poor quality—more so since usually they're inviting more CGI and mindless orchestral scores, and then you get a gobbled up mess like the Warcraft movie.

It's just about trying to grab the unicorn that is a script by a writer who actually knows the adapted work, a director who's inspired, and a team that can bring it all to life. Much easier said than done, though.

At this point, the only hope for decent movie adaptions being made is if Metal Gear Solid is a hit.

But that's in pre-production, with only concept art being released to generate interest, with no word if/when it'll ever begin production/filming.

World of Warcraft is Warcraft 4.

That's all you're gonna get in the Warcraft universe I think.

Traditional RTS games routinely under perform these days and you can't really release them on consoles. Total War Warhammer shits on basically everything out now.

I think it's more likely you'll see a WoW sequel before you see another Warcraft RTS... especially with the recent rumors the new expansion could be the last one.

I'd play the campaign, but I've always sucked at RTS multiplayer. The APM some of you guys put out is insane. I tried testing the waters in AoM2 Titans and just got shit on repeatedly, lol.

Back