DW's Tuesday Night Contender Series 2018 Week 3: LIVE on Fight Pass 8PM ET/5PM PT PBP Discussion

Of course. Towards MT. That is called honesty. You cannot acknowledge your bias, even though you show up in many threads featuring the name Shevchenko and do nothing but bitch. Particularly amusing was your "Val has the proportions of a midget" when you ran out of other things to complain about.

And despite my preference for my own fighting style, this does not stop me from being objective about fighters. I have no problem criticizing Val for her low output during her last fight against Amanda, her mistake in going for the takedown in the last round and the fact that she still needs to work on her offensive wrestling (her shot could be far more explosive and if she developed a good reactive double to go with her footwork - particularly when pivoting out after countering - she would put more people flat on the back of their lap).

This is called integrity. You lack it when posting about a certain family. No idea why.

You can continue to reiterate this. It does not make it the sole factor on which a fighter is signed. And you know it. You just refuse to acknowledge it in a drivel-spamming version of argumentum ad nauseam. You will still be wrong. Many fighters are signed based on their accomplishments outside of MMA. Something that you keep ignoring.

See above point about plenty of fighters being signed based on records outside of MMA. Your willful inability to judge this in context is both petty and childish. You are one of the older posters here, I somehow expect better from you.

I will not respond to your straw man against Aerius, he already pointed out your shit-posting.

Leto is my boy, however he does have a bias against the Schevchenko sisters. Why I cannot fathom as both sisters seem like good people to me. I dunno why he discounted her as a MMA prospect because she is 33, in terms of MMA she is a prospect.

Leto is my boy, however he does have a bias against the Schevchenko sisters. Why I cannot fathom as both sisters seem like good people to me. I dunno why he discounted her as a MMA prospect because she is 33, in terms of MMA she is a prospect.
Gotta balance out the rabid fanboyism around here.

Meh, the contracts dont bother me too much.

Let's face it, Shevchenko could have won a boring decision and Dana would have done mental gymnastics to justify giving it to her. Similarly to when I said Chris Curtis would need to be considerably more aggressive than his CFFC fights because all Hardy and Menifield needed was any kind of finish and the contracts were theirs.

I watched this with the mindset of there only being 1 x contract up for grabs. With that in mind, Edwards was the guy.

Erosa was getting beaten up prior to the finish. The first fight was a no-brainer for a contract, no chance (despite it being one-sided). Parisian can feel extremely hard done by, and I would be fuming if I performed like that and my reward was a spot on TUF that let's face it, was his already. No way there were 16 better HWs at the tryouts than Parisian.

I see I have a stalker who can’t stop talking about me. Even sharing my videos. It’s nice to have fans.

<GinJuice>

The show works exactly like it should. If a heavyweight has a 7/10 performance and a lightweight has a 8/10 performance, UFC should definitely get the heavyweight.

The show does not work exactly as it is marketed. We saw a 28 yo HW make weight on 4 days notice.
He then got a knock out with a spinning back fist. He set the back fist up by landing multiple spin kicks to the body.
He did that as a sizeable betting underdog.

The way the show is marketed, There were performances more contract worthy than olderchenko.

He selectively ignores anything that does not suit his false narrative. No idea why.

I really dont see that though.

I am about as big of a fan of Val as possible without going off the deep end, yet I have no problem acknowledging her weaknesses, mistakes, etc.

I think he confuses the average idiot poster who says stupid shit like "Val destroys everyone at 125 in a single night" as a fan, instead of your average poster/moron who does not really know much about fighting. Then he proceeds to take it out on the women, for some twisted reason.

Fairly disturbing, now that I think about it.

Decent card but not the best.

Erosa fight was entertaining and Te looked good.

Just didn't really like any of their personalities I guess.

Can we talk about how they're making Kevin Aguilar go through an absurd amount of proving to get his contract?
Most lfa champs get signed right away and he's actually defended his belt in super impressive fashion. Now they're making him take a fight out of his weight class on the contender series too. Ridiculous

That is my biggest issue with the UFC right now. To get signed anymore you often have to make a big career risk as a favor to fill in for a last minute injury. If you are a champ in another org that has been proven you shouldnt have to jump through hoops last minute and at the wrong weight class.

Back