Dwight Yoakam

PorkPiePusher

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
So... Being a cultured Euro I was never really familiar with country music, which is why a few times over the years I turned to SD to ask for recommendations on country/southern music. Long story short, apart from falling in love with the music of Waylon Jennings and Chris Stapleton, I was fairly underwhelmed with what SD had to recommend, which is why I need to ask... How the f**k did no one ever recommend Dwight Yoakam?!? I just discovered him recently and sincerely don't get how he isn't the default top recommendation for people getting into this sort of music.

dwight yoakam is great. my mom used to listen to a tape of his a lot when i was a kid so his music is really nostalgic for me, but it's also objectively fantastic. A Thousand Miles From Nowhere is such a great song.

he's a fine actor too.

dwight yoakam is great. my mom used to listen to a tape of his a lot when i was a kid so his music is really nostalgic for me, but it's also objectively fantastic. A Thousand Miles From Nowhere is such a great song.

he's a fine actor too.

Dwight is awesome. He also (for some reason) seems to have a good deal of punks as fans. Also, when I first saw him without his hat in a movie I legitimately mistook him for the Star Trek laughing baby guy.

Dwight Yoakam is a country legend. Dude has always stayed true to country (never selling out for pop country bullshit). He is well respected in the mainstream and in the underground. I saw him a few years ago and he was amazing.

Back