DW: The Nevada State Athletic Commission is Atrocious..Ruining Sport Like Boxing"

I understand where you're coming from but the exact opposite approach can be just as dangerous. If you don't factor in any type of damage, then you can get a lot of point fighters who are just playing tag in order to win the decision. If they get their face battered up while the other guy is fine and unphased by the taps the other guy is giving, that should be factored in.

By the way, I am not using that point in anyway for the Hendricks-Pierre fight. There are other fights I've seen where it's been like that and I've dreaded the idea of not considering damage completely in the sense you are speaking.
Point fighting is definitely something that happens (same with lay&pray). Unfortunately, the only way to have consistent results would have to be fights to the finish (which nobody would sanction)

You would think that Dana would not be so sure of his opinion considering the crowd viciously booed Hendricks for being sure of victory. Its crazy how the crowd cheered the decision and booed Hendricks but 80% of people that listened to Joe have a different opinion. Dana should be pissed at Rogans bias, not the judges. Because Rogan is at fault for blowing this very close fight out of proportion.

Back