Dvalishvili to appeal UFC Atlantic City loss to Ricky Simon

Doesn't matter if he WAS out, the ref stopped the fight due to time, not because of his condition. Once that final bell sounds, its over, and goes to decision. You can retroactively call a fight a TKO after the bell has sounded
wrong, a fighter cant be saved the bell if they go out.

Don’t blame him, he’ll lose however because any SAC won’t admit wrong doing and especially not in snowflake NJ

As he should.

He wasn't unconscious as the round ended. Whatever happens after the bell, no matter how shortly after the bell, doesn't count.

I don't think it's all that hard to remedy to be honest. The ref would have to assert that Merab went out THE second the bell rang. Because he didn't stop it prior, and being finished after the bell doesn't count. Merab was getting a nice blood-rush back after being severely choked and gutting it out. There's nothing in the rules that says you have to pop up and act like you won in order to earn the victory. When the ref asked if he was okay, he responded. Thus, he was able to answer after the bell and did not need to be saved by it. Thus he did not lose that fight.

Good. It should be overturned. I thought it was a horrible call by the ref. So late.

My thoughts...

-Props to him for hanging on for as long as he did. There was a few moments where it looked like he was 100% out.

-The ref should have stopped it sooner if he was going to stop it. If he WASN'T going to stop it, then don't bother after the fight is over. That's pointless.

-Kicking your legs with your arms flat against the canvas is not intentionally defending yourself. Should have been stopped immediately once he stopped fighting with his arms.

-It's a good thing this didn't happen in a higher profile fight. Can you imagine if this happened during a Title Fight?
I think you meant intelligently defending yourself. That does not apply to a submission unless you are "not moving" OUT. He was kicking his legs to let the ref know the submission was not working. Merab should have won that fight by decision.

it wasnt

that guy went out at least once, if not multiple times. he looked to be drifting in and out post fight, as well.
You can not be 100% certain that he was out before the bell rang. None the less the onus is on the ref to stop the fight if he was out. He was not out when the bell rang and thus should have been the clear victor via decision.

You can not be 100% certain that he was out before the bell rang. None the less the onus is on the ref to stop the fight if he was out. He was not out when the bell rang and thus should have been the clear victor via decision.
thats wrong though. if he was out then he lost the fight, doesnt matter if the bell rang.

wrong, a fighter cant be saved the bell if they go out.
you are right but he was not out. he was tired. He was kicking his legs for 30 seconds and was still kicking his leg after the bell.

you are right but he was not out. he was tired. He was kicking his legs for 30 seconds and was still kicking his leg after the bell.
i think he was out before he was kicking his leg and it sure looked to me like he was in and out after the bell.

I think you meant intelligently defending yourself. That does not apply to a submission unless you are "not moving" OUT. He was kicking his legs to let the ref know the submission was not working. Merab should have won that fight by decision.
LOL, stupid auto-correct! Yes, I obviously meant "intelligently" haha.

I feel it SHOULD apply to submissions as well. Although you raise a good point. Could all of this have been ended if Simon had released the hold and just done some minor ground and pound? Dvalishvili's arms were flat on the canvas at one point, pretty hard to absorb strikes like that. The "kicking" defense wouldn't have done any favors at that point either.

Anyway, it was a silly fight and a silly ending. I won't be bothered regardless of how it ends up.

thats wrong though. if he was out then he lost the fight, doesnt matter if the bell rang.
1. You do not know if he was out. He said he had a stinger when he got DDT'ed, not knocked out.
2. If the ref doesn't stop the fight and and you are not OUT when the bell rings at the end of the fight then there is no way you could have lost. He was still kicking his legs 30 seconds+ before the bell rang and a few seconds after the bell

My thoughts...

-Kicking your legs with your arms flat against the canvas is not intentionally defending yourself. Should have been stopped immediately once he stopped fighting with his arms.

I don't understamd your point here.
What are you saying applies to GnP for example, but not for a sub. Defending a sub is simply not tapping or passing out, we have seen a lot of fights were a guy is defending a guillotine for several minutes just avoiding getting choked

1. You do not know if he was out. He said he had a stinger when he got DDT'ed, not knocked out.
2. If the ref doesn't stop the fight and and you are not OUT when the bell rings at the end of the fight then there is no way you could have lost. He was still kicking his legs 30 seconds+ before the bell rang and a few seconds after the bell
he may have been out when he got DDT'd and he might have been out when the bell rang. its really hard to tell, seems everyone in the cage thought he was out including simon and the ref.

Moving your legs whilst being choked is how to survive. Learn Chiesa!

i think he was out before he was kicking his leg and it sure looked to me like he was in and out after the bell.
being tired and choked for 1 min. could easily be confused for "in and out" after the bell, but he definitely was not OUT for the 30+ seconds that he was kicking his legs.

Back