Dvalishvili KNOCKED himself out

I'm still waiting for a thread to highlight this. He knocked himself out when he hit his head on the floor during the takedown.

Explains why he goes limp, acts all confused and defends a guillotine choke by doing the bicycle. He didn't event try to push Simon's arms off.

(at 0:02)

Still an awful robbery.
How is this a robbery in any sense? Lol

It could be argued that he was out for a second. But he really was moving his eyes and looked at the ref and gave the thumb up at one point also. Obviously he was not out all the time. But the REAL question is if the ref does not stop the fight before the bell rang. How THE FUCK can he change the result after? I am no expert really but i come to understand this is not really possible. And i read the interview with Marc Goddard and he said the ref actually called the fight before the bell rang BUT that is a lie obviously HE DID NOT stop the fight before the bell rang.... so again how can the change the result after? I think that was bullshit. If he called it those seconds when it actually looked like he could have been out i would be okay with it but to let the time go out then change the result to a TKO(!?)..... wtf....

Seeing it again, he was moving a leg the entire time.

He made it to the end of the fight

He might have koed himself with the takedown , but ref didint see it

he was probably in and out 2-3 times in that whole sequence, the kicking thing i think wasnt done thinking clearly, partly unconscious maybe, probably had no idea what was happening

Ugh!
Does anyone have a gif of this?
That fox video doesn't show up on my browser.

I was thinking he was doing it to show he's not out to keep the ref from stopping the fight but now I'm thinking he was just dazzed and confused
Yes he was signalling to the ref that he was not out. Fuckin imbeciles itt.

Actually looks a lot like a UFC game glitch.

vVqqMM.gif

TS is right. He did knock himself out, but came back to life immediately only to find himself in a nasty guillotine...

was actually a pretty shit guillatine lol

might be one of the wrost ive ever seen.

I have an issue with the stoppage.
Ref didnt stop it. should have gone to decision.

Well, I just watched the fight (DVR) a few hours ago. My general feeling at the time of watching was that Merab survived the round and was going to have a decision victory. Then I remembered how he couldn't even stand up when the 3rd round ended and at that point had me wondering if he was going to get away with it. Even though he didn't go fully unconscious like what happened to Yushin Okami Vs OSP at that Japan card, he did seem wrecked lying there as the fight ended and the doctor was checking on him.

Meh.... personally I felt he should've been given a 29-28 decision win.

Damn... TS nailed it. I missed that. Dude is totally limp.

Does he trains with Chiesa? Similar choke defense lol, dude was out, but he was not limp tho, shit job on the ref.

He wasn't out like someone who is heavily rocked isn't KO'ed. The fact that he did the deliberate leg movement means he to some extent was in there, though obviously not fully. I don't get how anybody thinks he was out. You don't do deliberate things when you're out.

Are you seriously saying he was consciously and deliberately doing that leg thing or are you joking?

Great shout, it def looks like he was temporarily knocked out from the take down. I think he came back around not long after the guillotine was applied, there’s definitely 1-2 moments on camera where he’s looking the ref in the eyes making it clear he’s conscious, when theres still a good bit of time to go. As to how to judge the last 15 odd seconds, I’m not so sure. Real messy one

First, you really can't tell where he's looking, and if that even means anything. Second, the idea he is conscious yet defending a choke by laying with his arms sprawled out on the mat is ignorant. "Defend yourself at all times", he wasn't defending the choke in any way.

Holy fuck. That's how you have a death in the octagon. Dude was unconscious from the takedown and the ref watches his lifeless corpse get guillotined for a minute. What the hell.
That ref should not be reffing anything

Haha yea you are right.

BS call.. he won that fight he got stunned bad by his own TD then he did this weird ass half body defense to the choke but he wasn't out screw that call.

Back