Dvalishvili KNOCKED himself out

TS is right. He did knock himself out, but came back to life immediately only to find himself in a nasty guillotine...

Great shout, it def looks like he was temporarily knocked out from the take down. I think he came back around not long after the guillotine was applied, there’s definitely 1-2 moments on camera where he’s looking the ref in the eyes making it clear he’s conscious, when theres still a good bit of time to go. As to how to judge the last 15 odd seconds, I’m not so sure. Real messy one

So it is TKO?!
This whole situation is weird, no doubt. Anyway I want to see him fight again.

He wasn't out like someone who is heavily rocked isn't KO'ed. The fact that he did the deliberate leg movement means he to some extent was in there, though obviously not fully. I don't get how anybody thinks he was out. You don't do deliberate things when you're out.

Yes, you do. Like when Sam Stout tried to guillotine the referee while looking at KJ Noons walk away from the KO.

K.J.-Noons-vs.-Sam-Stout.gif

Good catch. That arm is laying on the mat right after the td.

The body doesn’t involuntary things when it is unconscious. When have we ever seen anyone do thst during a guillotine attempt without any other meaningful defense and continue to do so after?
Not entirely sure if you agree or disagree with me (not that it matters). I don't think I've ever seen this but I think TS hit the nail on the head. MD was heavily rocked by his TD and could not recover at all due to the choke. He looked silly in there and did not do anything that made sense except the leg movement. IMO he was in a long limbo but never was out completely.

Wow, it does look like he was out. Instantly limp.
Nice pick up TS

Nice call. Shit luck. Queue all the “takedowns destroy everyone on the street” jerks

when you think about it, that's still actually true. they do destroy everyone on the street, everyone including the guy doing them.

I’m just glad he’s alive. Holy shit.

Very good catch TS, I had no idea he was out last night. I was saying to myself while watching it live, why the hell is this dude kicking uncontrollably? It's pretty obvious when his lifeless body just flops over to his back that he was unconscious at that point.

Yes, you do. Like when Sam Stout tried to guillotine the referee while looking at KJ Noons walk away from the KO.

K.J.-Noons-vs.-Sam-Stout.gif
TBH, Stout wasn't 100% out either. More like 80% out and in instinctive survival mode. Of course the stoppage was justified because receiving a few more hammerfitst to the face would not be useful to anyone. I think for the MD fight it was a bad decision. If MD was in the same state and was mounted by Simon receiving punches to the face I would fully agree with the decision.

He didnt know what to do after he woke up, so he started doing cardio in his bicycle.

that's what I thought initially happened was that he knocked himself out when his head hit the ground at first. it seems like he went limp. him moving his legs might've been a involuntary reaction his body kept making as he was going out of consciousness- look at the damn color of the dude's face. one of the weirdest situations in the history of a sport with plenty of them

Back