Dustin Poirier vs. Justin Gaethje targeted for spring showdown

quantiqus

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Dustin Poirier won’t get his rematch with Eddie Alvarez just yet, but a pretty nice concession is in the works.

A fight between Poirier (22-5 MMA, 14-4 UFC) and Justin Gaethje (18-1 MMA, 1-1 UFC) is in the works for spring, according to two people with knowledge of the situation, who told MMAjunkie the bout could take place as early as UFC 222 or an event in April. They spoke on the condition of anonymity because the UFC has yet to make the matchup public.

Source
http://mmajunkie.com/2018/01/dustin-poirier-vs-justin-gaethje-targeted-spring-ufc

Gaethje is a bum..if he wasn't American you wouldn't even be talking abt him. Toughness can only take you sooo far...i feel like he losses to the majority of the guys in the top 10 tbh

Damn

Gaethje only want top fighter I guess.
I respect that.

I could see Justin winning that one.
Gaethje pressure could make Dustin quit.
Poirier need to be ready mentally for a war.

Last edited:
I think Justin will finish this quickly tbh.

Gaethje is a bum..if he wasn't American you wouldn't even be talking abt him. Toughness can only take you sooo far...i feel like he losses to the majority of the guys in the top 10 tbh

What do some of you want from a fighter?
Aren't there enough fighters in the UFC worried more about padding their records and moving up the bullshit rankings than actually looking to put on entertaining fights?

Justin Gaethje is 1-1 in 2 UFC fights versus top 10 level fighters.
He brings it every single time and fights to win rather than not to lose and that isn't good enough for you?
I imagine that he would be close to .500 record wise fighter versus top competition, but so fucking what?

Great matchup with guaranteed fire works. I'm taking Dustin because his complaining is on point. As for top 10 guys this or Edson were Justin' best chance at a win.

Another fight of the year candidate in the making.

conor- loss
Khabib- loss
Tony- loss
Alveraz- obvi loss
Barboza- loss
Kevin lee- loss
Porier- loss

like I said, he losses to the majority of the top 10....

actually eddie got lucky as fuck fighting a very boring gameplan just avoiding strkes at all costs and winging punches to the body and then got blessed with the luckiest knee and earliest stoppage ever

gaethje wins 9 times out of 10 against canator "champs"

Kids these days make me laugh. Press off bum

Justin Gaethje is the Just Bleed God in human form.

Hell of a fight but it just doesnt make sense to poirier to take. He arguably beat alvarez, just finished pettis, why fight someone who alvarez just beat? The rematch needs to happen instead

if Poirier fights smart and doesn't get into a head to head brawl he should win this fight .
Great fight none the less I hope it gets made .

Back