Dustin Poirier: Team Khabib reached out to say they want to fight me in first UFC lightweight title

You're acting like the fight is already made and booked...which it absolutely isn't. And what happens if Barboza wins?
If Barboza wins then go for Dustin because we've already seen that fight. I implied that in my post by focusing only on Kevin.

Also from the interview it seems that they are aiming for the Dustin fight and completely ignoring Kevin Lee..

Man Khabib smokes Dustin. Personally I wanna see Dustin and Eddie run it back and the winner get a TS. If at all possilble the fight to make is clearly Conor/Khabib prob near the end of the year. If not possible and If Kevin smokes Edson i actually wouldn’t mind seeing him get the shot

stop saying "run it back". so stupid. where'd you get that from, wonderboy? that guy has the worst personality ever.

no one wants to see eddie vs dustin again, eddie was getting destroyed then landed illegal knees.

Makes perfect sense to me. Ferguson is going to be out for an extended period and Conor is doing whatever, but it certainly isn't fighting.

If Barboza wins then go for Dustin because we've already seen that fight. I implied that in my post by focusing only on Kevin.

Also from the interview it seems that they are aiming for the Dustin fight and completely ignoring Kevin Lee..

Well in fairness Dustin has a nice fight win streak while Lee would be on a 1 fight streak against a guy Khabib already destroyed assuming he wins. Plus Lee himself said give him a year and he would be ready to fight Khabib for the title in his latest interview with Ariel.

Ducking Conor

534653.jpg
LMAO thanks for the laugh

Tony is a way better fighter than any of Dustin's last opponents. Plus he fought Tony with an infection and did very well as he was close to finishing him in the first.

Also notice I said if he beats Barboza in better fashion than Khabib did. If Kevin Lee finishes Barboza I would say he is more deserving than Dustin because Barboza is a tougher fight.

Let's face it. Dustin has zero shot. Kevin does. That's why Khabib's team want to skip over him.

Lee has done nothing of note except lose to Tony. Just because he took him down doesn't imply he's better than Eddie or Poirier.

If khabib is ducking then why won't Conor fight? Who else is there w Tony out, and Lee already booked to fight barboza. Eddie? He's the o ly other option I see active and not busy. Pretty sure khabib is not ducking anyone. He was ready for Ferguson and is ready if Conor actually wants to fight. I have no issue w poirier fighting I'df it keeps the division active. Better that who Conor has fought recently.. Like no one. I know he beat him earlier in career and probably would again but its pointless to even think of Conor when he hasn't fought in so long and doesn't appear to be moving towards a fight soon. I was hoping for Sept conor/khabib. Doubt Conor will fight tho.

So you're willing to wait until mid next year? Cause Conor isn't fighting anytime soon after the stupid stunt he pulled and Tony will be out at least 9 months. He didn't just tear his LCL, it came fully off. That will take some serious time to recover from.

I have no problem with Khabib fighting Dustin.

IMO his next match is Conor in Sept.

The rest was just me saying why I dont like the dude and exposing the "he fights smaller fighters" hypocrisy.

I dont even want to see this fight... too easy of a match up for Khabib.

wow didnt know ali abdelaziz is ufc's matchmaker

im not even sure why this is being mentioned at the moment, ramadan is just around the corner. following not too long after is the yearly tiramisu eating competition...

whats the point?

by the time theyre both ready, ferg will be ready

Ferg wont be able to grapple safely no earlier than 8-9 months. And then he has to fight #6-10 fighter for a title shot. So add another 3-4 months. Thats 1 year. Khabib wants to return in November and Poirier doesnt want to rematch Eddie he says he wants the gold asap.

Its Conor or Tony. Go fuck yourself Khabib. You just decisioned #11 for your title. Your also a boring ass fighter who shows only sometimes.

Zero shot calling credit to Khabib.

Conor is still hiding and Tony is injured. You can't be that out of the loop.

If finishing Justin is what gets you a title shot, Alvarez just did it too. I think Dustin/Alvarez rematching for #1 contender makes the most sense since there is unfinished business there.

Then who would you have Khabib fight? Or do you want him on the sidelines with Conor and tony?

Ferg wont be able to grapple safely no earlier than 8-9 months. And then he has to fight #6-10 fighter for a title shot. So add another 3-4 months. Thats 1 year. Khabib wants to return in November and Poirier doesnt want to rematch Eddie he says he wants the gold asap.
the way things go in the ufc... i feel like i wont be too far off. november is 7 months away... 8 months no grappling, but he can still train.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DREDATORXXXXL
Back