Dustin Poirier plans to "Beat Justin Gaethje then fight Khabib for real belt."

I hope he beats gaethje, and I think he can

?

he was destroying eddie and then he got caught, but still should have won by DQ
I’m going for gaethje but Dustin has cleaner striking. I agree Eddie should have lost by DQ and still don’t understand why he felt ge won and didn’t care to rematch.

Dustin plans to leapfrog the top 5 of the division? Nah, i don't think so. He needs to show he can beat a top guy first.
Dustin hasnt even beat a top 10 really. If he beats Geathje he will. Big if Geathje said he's getting back on the wrestling cardio program. I think it will be a wash. No way Dustin can stand with him, too soft, and cant wrestle him.

Just lost? That was almost 2 years ago. Eddie is next or at least Eddie vs Dustin rematch which shoulda been made long ago anyway and fans want it.
It was 15 months ago, nowhere near 2 years,Eddie was absolutely slaughtered in that loss and since then Eddie has a NC and one win.

He's an underrated fighter, but Eddie should need at least one more good win before being talked about for another TS. Dustin should rightly be considered after one more good win too - although Khabib will smash him.

Date doesn't matter. He's had exactly 1 fight since losing the belt. 1 fight, and its not like this is a rematch. It'll be a completely new champion.

I've pondered over the figures a week ago, and by my estimate Poirier is most deserving of a title shot. He's had 3 fights each year for the last 2 years. Poirer is going into his 4th fight since Eddie lost the title, while he's had 1 fight in that same period.

Try not to fall into the whole Conman line of thought. Think of things from the other side!
Eddie's had two fights, one with Dustin and a war with Gaethje. Which means he has only the one win since being crushed by Conor (only 15 months ago). Eddie deserves a high ranking but not a TS unless he can get at least one more big win, preferably two.

Dustin need a signature win and then he should get a shot. Either Ferg or Khabib beat him but he deserves it.

May as well go for that "real belt" because we all know how a pursuit of the other "real belt" would go

giphy.gif

It was 15 months ago, nowhere near 2 years,Eddie was absolutely slaughtered in that loss and since then Eddie has a NC and one win.

He's an underrated fighter, but Eddie should need at least one more good win before being talked about for another TS. Dustin should rightly be considered after one more good win too - although Khabib will smash him.
It will be two years by time fight is available unless Tony wins. Khabib takes summers off.

I gotta take Gaethje in this fight, he's far more durable and can take a shot. I think he'll get inside on Dustin and TKO him

Just lost? That was almost 2 years ago. Eddie is next or at least Eddie vs Dustin rematch which shoulda been made long ago anyway and fans want it.
Hell no. He just lost the belt the messed up the whole division. That bum doesn't deserve TS, he also didn't deserve it the first against DosAnjos.
As for me Poirier is more deserving than that Bum Eddie.
But I think if Khabib wins they will try to make Conor vs Khabib.
So probably McGregor is next in line for TS

Dustin will get hurt. He already showed he is inferior to Alvarez.

Dustin will make easy work out of gaethje and then a title shot would make all the sense in the world

It will be two years by time fight is available unless Tony wins. Khabib takes summers off.
Gotcha.

Eddie still should need more than two wins to get a title fight if there are any viable alternatives.

Dustin was outclassing Eddie before he decided to get into a brawl and was still whooping his ass until that knee. I think Dustin wins this fight, Justin was just in a war 2 months ago. He fights to reckless and is coming back really soon after getting ko'd. His chin is going to catch up with him sooner than later.

Conor cracked your head open with his Irish brick knuckles dp.

Know your role and shut your mouth

Dustin, scrap those plans, how things are going nowadays it would be safer to drop back down to FW and challenge Holloway.

Dustin, Justin, and Eddie need to have a triple threat extreme rules match.

I would throw hundreds of dollars to the ufc to make that happen.

Even have them rotate. Every round a new guy comes in. Lets go.

I actually didn’t realize people disliked Poirier so much lol.

He was beating Eddie. You guys dunno shit. Go watch that fight.

Back