Dustin Poirier plans to "Beat Justin Gaethje then fight Khabib for real belt."

I like Poirier but Gaethje is taking that pea head clean off if he doesn't break his femur in half first

I don't care who you are you can't get in a fire fight with Gaethje and win

Even Eddie had to start sticking and moving and he out brawled Dustin pretty handily

Dustin’s skill set could prove to be potent against Gaethje given their fights against Alvarez. Sure Gaethje did better against Johnson, but that’s only because Gaethje has a better chin. Poirier has more heart than Johnson so I see this being a tougher outing.

You chose to say Nurmagongenndivov instead of just Khabib?

<{chips}>
I always use a fighters last name. Calling them by their first name seems silly and somewhat disrespectful to me.

I will admit it's tempting when dealing with Dagestani names, Nurmagomedov and Magomedsharipov.

We don't know where Gaethje's at after his first loss, but as long as he fights smart he should get the W. Poirier needs a miracle for Khabib.

I've already said before, Poirier is the next guy who deserves a title shot.

Do i think he wins? Hell no. But he deserves the next title shot. He's 8-1-1 in his last 10. And his last 8 have been at LW.

I've already said before, Poirier is the next guy who deserves a title shot.

Do i think he wins? Hell no. But he deserves the next title shot. He's 8-1-1 in his last 10. And his last 8 have been at LW.
He beat Jim Miller, and a the ghost of Anthony Pettis in his last 2 wins...Definitley screams "Title shot"

Beating Jim Miller and the ghost of Anthony Pettis doesn't give you a title shot. Poirier is in the same boat as Cub Swanson to me. Essentially gatekeepers. Sorry, but that is what it is. You will never hold the title.

YOU GOT KNOCKED OUT BY MICHAEL JOHNSON FOR FUCKS SAKE. DUDE IS 1-5 IN HIS LAST 6

Eddie was also beating your ass until the refs saved it and made it a NC
Ferguson lost to Johnson too, and thinks he's the Champ at Interim.. Eddie was losing that fight until he caught Dustin, yet Dustin should've won that fight via DQ prior.

He beat Jim Miller, and a the ghost of Anthony Pettis in his last 2 wins...Definitley screams "Title shot"

I dare you to name me someone who deserves the next title shot. Other than Eddie who just lost the belt.

I dare you to name me someone who deserves the next title shot. Other than Eddie who just lost the belt.
Just lost? That was almost 2 years ago. Eddie is next or at least Eddie vs Dustin rematch which shoulda been made long ago anyway and fans want it.

yep and if he gets past Justin and eddie, THEN he can fight khabib for a shot at the champ, TONY

Eddie just LOST the belt. There is no reason he should play gatekeeper here. Lets say he does, then who does the champ fight for his first defense? I'm waiting.

Because it can't be Eddie....he's fighting Poirier in your scenario. And he damn sure doesn't deserve a TS when he just lost the belt.

Just lost? That was almost 2 years ago. Eddie is next or at least Eddie vs Dustin rematch which shoulda been made long ago anyway and fans want it.

Date doesn't matter. He's had exactly 1 fight since losing the belt. 1 fight, and its not like this is a rematch. It'll be a completely new champion.

I've pondered over the figures a week ago, and by my estimate Poirier is most deserving of a title shot. He's had 3 fights each year for the last 2 years. Poirer is going into his 4th fight since Eddie lost the title, while he's had 1 fight in that same period.

Try not to fall into the whole Conman line of thought. Think of things from the other side!

Date doesn't matter. He's had exactly 1 fight since losing the belt. 1 fight, and its not like this is a rematch. It'll be a completely new champion.

I've pondered over the figures a week ago, and by my estimate Poirier is most deserving of a title shot.

He's had 3 fights each year for the last 2 years. Poirer is going into his 4th fight since Eddie lost the title and he's had 1 fight in that same period. Try not fall into the whole Conman line of thought. Think of things from the other side!
Dustin never beat a top 5 doesnt matter how many fights he had. Give it to Vick if fights is your metric he has a better record. They are not gonna let him cut through whole top 5. His name is not Conor. And if you don't think Dana doesnt know Dustin quit vs Alvarez you'd be mistaken and he will have to pay his dues. Thats why they didnt make rematch and gave Eddie a #5 instead. Eddie has pole position.

Dustin plans to leapfrog the top 5 of the division? Nah, i don't think so. He needs to show he can beat a top guy first.

Dustin never beat a top 5 doesnt matter how many fights he had. Give it to Vick if fights is your metric he has a better record. They are not gonna let him cut through whole top 5. His name is not Conor. And if you don't think Dana doesnt know Dustin quit vs Alvarez you'd be mistaken and he will have to pay his dues. Thats why they didnt make rematch and gave Eddie a #5 instead. Eddie has pole position.

Anyone but Eddie. Ducking your own contender shouldn't make you the top contender... and he's very inactive, so even less so. Only 1 fight since losing the title means, the TS should go to whomever's next in line. He hasn't earned it.

In boxing, if the top guys are unavailable it goes to the next highest ranked. When the winner of Khabib-Tony gets settled, everyone from #1 to #5 will have been a recent LOSER. So naturally it goes to whoever's next. That only leaves Porier if he can win against Gaethje.

We saw #7 ranked Lee get a TS, now all off a sudden everyone's bringin up the Top 5? And the top 5 all just got their shots and lost.

Back