Dustin Poirier plans to "Beat Justin Gaethje then fight Khabib for real belt."

nah it earns him a shot at not getting smashed again by eddie

I like Poirier, but Nurmagomedov would hurt him, badly.

I don't understand why he thinks he deserves a title shot, let alone how he thinks he even has a 3% chance against Khabib.

Jim Miller nearly broke your leg with kicks Dustin.

I don't understand why he thinks he deserves a title shot, let alone how he thinks he even has a 3% chance against Khabib.

Honestly, he should've been awarded a win by DQ over Alvarez. A run of wins of Jim Miller, Eddie Alvarez, Anthony Pettis, and Justin Gaethje sounds pretty damn title shot worthy.

But I agree that Khabib is an awful matchup for him.

Khabib wrecks either of them.

DP has had some crucial losses but he’s been putting in work for 7 years in the ufc now. He’s not a dude that talks a lot of trash and he never makes excuses for his losses, he moves forward and I respect that.

If he gets past Gaethje he should be in the mix to at the very least get a number one contender’s fight.

Either way you can’t hate on a fighter striving to get that title shot.

how did they not do a rematch with eddie, one of the rare times an actual rematch is justified. eddie sure as hell did not deserve that to be treated like a win

I hope he beats gaethje, and I think he can
nah it earns him a shot at not getting smashed again by eddie
?

he was destroying eddie and then he got caught, but still should have won by DQ

Love poirier but that's not happening, his chin isn't getting him through Justin.
Great fighter, great documentary on Netflix, seems line a thoroughly decent guy, chin has let him down and isn't gonna get better.

LOL This quitter wont get past geathje first off and even if he does Alvarez is #3. I'm afraid he'll have to fight loser of Khabib/Tony.

yep and if he gets past Justin and eddie, THEN he can fight khabib for a shot at the champ, TONY

Beating Jim Miller and the ghost of Anthony Pettis doesn't give you a title shot. Poirier is in the same boat as Cub Swanson to me. Essentially gatekeepers. Sorry, but that is what it is. You will never hold the title.

YOU GOT KNOCKED OUT BY MICHAEL JOHNSON FOR FUCKS SAKE. DUDE IS 1-5 IN HIS LAST 6

Eddie was also beating your ass until the refs saved it and made it a NC

Poirier will win, the fight makes sense if Mcgregor isn't coming back.

yep and if he gets past Justin and eddie, THEN he can fight khabib for a shot at the champ, TONY

I think Eddie gets next shot. He's popular well at least more popular than Dustin and is ranked right behind Tony and Khabib so his only match is with winner of them.

Back