Dustin Poirier Is Not Playing Games

Conrad McDickery called him a journeyman, so i would love the poetic justice of Dustin taking the strap that Cunter was too much of a pussy to defend.
I would hate the lack of irony of Conner having a belt handed to him again if they fought for the title.

It was just a response to "his ground game is solid". Not that I disagree with you, but he was a little sloppy and caught a couple of times. The blood is what saved him from getting submitted.
Sure but he's been improving his ground game a lot as of late. He's no savant but he is a good black belt.

Khabib had no prep time for Al and intentionally dragged that fight out into the 5th. He could have finished that fight if he had softened Al up with GnP before going for the sub.

As for Lee's level of grappling, it wasn't good enough to beat Al and is still below Khabib's. Besides Al's chin is world's better than Lee's.

Lee is a very good fighter but with that chin, he can always be finished.
He ate a Barboza head kick and finished the fight. Dustin's chin is no better than Lee's.

"As of late" that was 6 months ago bro.
It's something he's addressing in camp and besides that wasn't a lack of grappling skill as much as him gettling caught (like you said). Damage can really effect your defensive game.

Aside from that one time he's shown a very good ground game

He ate a Barboza head kick and finished the fight. Dustin's chin is no better than Lee's.
That was the only real shot he ate that fight and he was almost done. And when the fight was called, Edson was stuffing his TDs.

Lee's chin is bad dude. He has been rocked a dropped a lot. Dustin's chin is good, he just fights some of the hardest hitters at LW

It's something he's addressing in camp and besides that wasn't a lack of grappling skill as much as him gettling caught (like you said). Damage can really effect your defensive game.

Aside from that one time he's shown a very good ground game
He got caught in the same triangle twice and Pettis couldn't see a dam thing. Showtime was the one who was bleeding all over the cage and in his eyes, how did that affect Dustin's submission defense?

He got caught in the same triangle twice and Pettis couldn't see a dam thing. Showtime was the one who was bleeding all over the cage and in his eyes, how did that affect Dustin's submission defense?
I'll rewatch that fight but I don't remember Dustin being anywhere close to being finished. It's been a while since I've seen it so I'll check.

As for Triangles, Lee gets caught in those a lot too and has had some close calls. I wouldn't say his Sub def sucks.

That was the only real shot he ate that fight and he was almost done. And when the fight was called, Edson was stuffing his TDs.

Lee's chin is bad dude. He has been rocked a dropped a lot. Dustin's chin is good, he just fights some of the hardest hitters at LW
Lol! knock it off. Dustin was getting rocked as a 145 just as much as he is at 155.

Lol! knock it off. Dustin was getting rocked as a 145 just as much as he is at 155.
Not really no. He's been hurt a few times but not nearly as much as Lee. Plus some of the guys who have rockes/dropped Lee aren't all that good. The guys that do hurt Dustin are legit guys. At FW the cut could have effected his durability but I can't be sure.

Neither have iron chins but Lee's has proven to be much worse

I'll rewatch that fight but I don't remember Dustin being anywhere close to being finished. It's been a while since I've seen it so I'll check.

As for Triangles, Lee gets caught in those a lot too and has had some close calls. I wouldn't say his Sub def sucks.
I never said he sucked, he was careless and if Pettis wasn't covered in blood he would been able to lock it in even deeper. To be fair Pettis has subbmitted his fair share of black belts. Regardless, Lee would have the grappling advantage if the fought.

I never said he sucked, he was careless and if Pettis wasn't covered in blood he would been able to lock it in even deeper. To be fair Pettis has subbmitted his fair share of black belts. Regardless, Lee would have the grappling advantage if the fought.
Of course Lee would have the grappling advantage. When did I say otherwise?

I was just saying that Dustin is much better on the ground than Edson and many of Lee's opponents. He wouldn't be bulldozed is all.

It'd be a tough fight for both of them

He has a solid ground game. It would be interesting watching him and Khabib.

He's legit. He could be champion on the right night IMO.

He will beat Eddie

Back