Dustin Poirier: Eddie Alvarez turned down rematch for UFC 223.

Let's not get carried away here.

Poirier got the stoppage on gaethje but he didn't look impressive at all leading up to It.

Eddie is the superior fighter, by far.

His last fight was prob one of the best versions of him we've seen.

Superior fighter?
He got handled everywhere by poirier when they fought; the only success he has was a sloppy haymaker, a td, then some illegal knees.
He's looked like shit in all of his fights, even the ones he "won".

The guy was fortunate not to be on the chopping block after getting two extremely generous split decision wins where he absolutely sucked. The only reason he was probably awarded a title shot was because dana wanted to save face after giving him a huge contract.

Yes but Eddie moved up while Dustin fell down in the Rankings, it doesnt matter if they made it a no contest later, its about who moves up and who moves down.

If that's is the case where were they both ranked before and after the fight?

If that's is the case where were they both ranked before and after the fight?
Im talking out of my ass its just the way i remember it. Eddie got the fight with Gaethje while Dustin got Jim Miller no disrespect to Jim Miller.

Edit just looked it up he got Pettis.

There is an interesting 3-man race between Alvarez/Poirier/Lee for the next title shot going on.
have Eddie face the winner of Lee vs Barboza seeing how he's avoiding that rematch with Dustin. As of right now Lee is coming off a loss in a gifted title fight, Barboza loss to both Khabib & Tony so him beating Lee & Alvarez could setup a match with Dustin for a titleshot as for Eddie he hasn't earned shit to be gifted a titleshot. Out off all those guys Dustin is the only one who seem close for a shot.

Eddie wants bigger fights. It's really that simple
Except no one cares about Eddie Alvarez since he got embarrassed by mcgregor.

Could you imagine how much more love Eddie would’ve gotten for the Gaejthe war if it was pre-mcgregor ?

Im talking out of my ass its just the way i remember it. .

You are, as they were ranked 3rd & 9th respectively before and after the fight.

Respect for coming clean.

giphy.gif

And rightfully so, he knows Dustin would fuck him up worse next time

Poirier’s been surprising me lately. He made a smart move by going up in weight class.

Not surprised. Eddie and Lee want the quickest roads to the title

Poirier made me a fan after seeing his post media scrum. I really want him to get the title shot, although I feel he'll get the winner of Barboza and Lee (I like Barboza, but I see Lee wrestlefucking him)

He'll definitely give Khabib problems for sure, but that said.... I really don't think Khabib is losing any time soon.

Eddie was told to stay ready in case Tony or Khabib pulled out. Why would he sign a fight that would jeopardize his ability to fill in?
Then where was he when Tony pulled out?

have Eddie face the winner of Lee vs Barboza seeing how he's avoiding that rematch with Dustin. As of right now Lee is coming off a loss in a gifted title fight, Barboza loss to both Khabib & Tony so him beating Lee & Alvarez could setup a match with Dustin for a titleshot as for Eddie he hasn't earned shit to be gifted a titleshot. Out off all those guys Dustin is the only one who seem close for a shot.

I'd be cleaner if they just give it to Dustin. And if Lee wins have him fight Eddie to see who the next #1 contender is.

Dusting doing really good, but Eddie is a beast. Eddie takes the rematch imo.

Let's not get carried away here.

Poirier got the stoppage on gaethje but he didn't look impressive at all leading up to It.

Eddie is the superior fighter, by far.

His last fight was prob one of the best versions of him we've seen.

Dont know man, didnt Alvarez basically ended up like could had lost the fight? It was classic Alvarez performance, not so much technique, all heart.

Superior fighter?
He got handled everywhere by poirier when they fought; the only success he has was a sloppy haymaker, a td, then some illegal knees.
He's looked like shit in all of his fights, even the ones he "won".

The guy was fortunate not to be on the chopping block after getting two extremely generous split decision wins where he absolutely sucked. The only reason he was probably awarded a title shot was because dana wanted to save face after giving him a huge contract.
He took some shots from poirier, but Eddie is a survivor. He often takes a big shot, gets dropped or hurt and comes back. He was taking back control of the fight at the end, even prior to the knee. It's weird when people talk about Eddie as if he's just this brawling fighter. I have a lot of boxing experience under my belt, I don't see what he's doing as sloppy at all. He definitely likes wars, he likes to battle you..he throws a lot of hooks, but Eddie also has some of the best boxing in the division behind Conor and Nate.

That said, Eddie's performance in his last fight was probably one of the best we've ever seen from him. Poirier just wasn't that Impressive at all. He was slow, his movement sucked, his defence sucked and technically he was very meh. Definitely some good / technical punches intermingled In there as well..but overall just not that Impressive outside of the stoppage. That said, poirier looked a little "off" mentally before the fight..just based on his body language, maybe it wasn't him at his best.

Still, I'm quite confident In saying that Eddie is the better boxer and overall fighter, his fight with poirier doesn't change that. Dustin having some success does not mean he was going to win that fight, Eddie had already taken back control even before the illegal knees.

That said, at the end of the day..this has nothing to do with ducking. Eddie just wants bigger fights. That's all It really comes down to. Stylistically he matches up very well against the higher ranked guys in the division, even Khabib..so why wouldn't he be chasing them. Instead of what would probably be a hard fight against Poirier that doesn't really take him anywhere either In pay or rankings.

Dont know man, didnt Alvarez basically ended up like could had lost the fight? It was classic Alvarez performance, not so much technique, all heart.
His movement, his feints, his jab, his uppercuts, his hooks. Plenty of technique dude. That's all boxing.

don't understand how people see hooks and think someone is just a "brawler" or they're not technical. There's plenty of technique In what Eddie did against Gaethje for example.

He's got a good jab, good straight right. He can play that game too, just watch all his past fights. He just likes to throw hooks, he likes getting into these battles of will.

In terms of the Poirier fight? yeah he definitely got hurt, but It's not much different than other Alvarez performances In the past. He often gets hurt and just comes back. He'd already recovered and started taking control back of the fight even before the Illegal knee happened.

will never understand people who just think Eddie throws haymakers. Weirdest shit

have you guys ever boxed? like jesus christ

Back