Dustin poirier calls for 165 belt @UFC 230

No, we don't need a 165lbs division, a 195lbs division etc etc. Everybody wants all these divisions so they can increase their chances of being a champion. No, let's not turn this into boxing where they have 100 belts. Leave it as it is.

View attachment 441723

Per MMAJUNKIE

I say why not lol ... Conor can fight the winner after he kills Khabib oct 6
why not will you kind of just answered the very question the winner of Connor and khabib should be fighting Tony Ferguson not being given an excuse to chase another belt vsing an easier opponent

Keep everything as is except
axe the 135 and 125 lb weight classes.

Agree 162, 170, 177,185,192,205, HW I know it sounds like a lot, but look at all the fighters missing weight, holding up division, I'd rather have fighters at their proper weight then draining themselves. RDA is a great example too big for 155 slightly too small at 170. Put him at 162 He might be champ
He needs to either trim some weight or gain some weight then instead of fucking up long standing great classes.

All 165 and 175 would do is fuck the title picture up even more as gsp snatches all three belts making him 5 weight champ.

And Conor trying to chase him and other guys sitting in decent mix to grab belts at more than one weight.

Happens enough in boxing as it is already.

Only good to come out of it is gsp would fight Woodley for the 175 belt to get a new one.

128,136,143,152,161,170,182,198, HW

These are the optimal weight classes in MMA. Make it happen Dana!

It should be an interim 165 belt to be a real UFC main event.

Not happening. They'd do an interim belt tho im sure lolll

Last edited:
I want 165 and 175 but this would not be the way to start it. DP is not one of the guys who has been struggling to make 155. He is in the right division. Nate getting a title shot would be ridiculous.

He needs to either trim some weight or gain some weight then instead of fucking up long standing great classes.

All 165 and 175 would do is fuck the title picture up even more as gsp snatches all three belts making him 5 weight champ.

And Conor trying to chase him and other guys sitting in decent mix to grab belts at more than one weight.

Happens enough in boxing as it is already.

Only good to come out of it is gsp would fight Woodley for the 175 belt to get a new one.

well said, the last thing the UFC needs to do is water down divisions and give guys an easier reason to jump divisions and fuck up rankings every other fight.

170 would have to become 175 then

I feel like he is pulling a Dana and announcing something in order to put pressure on the UFC. They have to break the bad news if it's not true haha.

Edit: Poirier confirms

K6PpKlg.gif

Back