During your time as a fan of fighting, what is the 1 fight you were most excited to watch?

I can think of a few fights I was out of my mind waiting for the bell to ring - Cain vs. JDS 2 BJ vs. GSP Tito vs. Chuck. Arlovski vs. Fedor Diaz vs Connor 1 & 2. All of the Brock fights.

Fighting in general, Ali-Frazier 1.

Like my name says, I'm an old guy, though I was still a kid then. But the buildup to that was insane, it was on national TV every day (and back before cable when there were only a few channels), on every newspaper, everyone was talking about it for a month before the fight - it was the biggest sporting event of the year by a long shot, bigger than Superbowl or World Series or Stanley Cup. Some of that was no doubt related to Ali's stand on the Vietnam War, it became more than about the heavyweight championship. Sadly enough it was close circuit so I only saw it in full years later.

In MMA, Fedor-Crocop.

Although it happened later than it should have, Wanderlei vs Chuck was always the dream fight of mine.

I'm a wanderlei fan and it's still one of my favorite fights ever. It lived up to every expectation.

Stipe for the title.

Sadly I got in after CC vs Fedor.

McGregor/Mendes
McGregor/Aldo
McGregor/Diaz 1
McGregor/Diaz 2
McGregor/Alvarez

Back