Duke Roufus: CM Punk Will Be '200%' Better In Next UFC Fight

you can't get to glory without practice. he's just unwilling to fight for pennies. i don't mind him fighting actually, but i think it's a bitch move to quit now. if he wanted to actually get better and win he'd go fight amateurs

I agree 100 percent.

What I see in him is, a person going through the motions of kickboxing and grappling. Like maybe he is learning something here and there but I don't see him talking passionately about the specifics of martial arts.

He may work hard going through the motions but I just don't see that enthusiastic attitude. I know many people in judo and boxing that are beginners and they get obsessed with a specific aspect and they think about it, they watch variations so they could pull it off in the next sparring session.

Next fight????

<{cruzshake}><36><Huh2>

<LatsRickStory>

<23>

<26><26><26><26><26><26><26><26>

He's almost 40, with no combat sport background, looked way worse than an amateur and he expects another fight at the UFC??

<3>

Jesus, man... If CM Punk, for whatever reason, actually wants to keep doing this full-time after those two ass whippings he took, he MUST go where he should've started in the first damn place: the amateur circuit.

He will NEVER get back into the UFC, as he should've never been there in the first place. BUT, he could save a little face by training his ass off for a couple years, building a decent amateur record, and then MAYBE way down the line go into a low-level pro circuit. At 39 years old, he will never be back in a top org. Probably not even pro-level.

you can't get to glory without practice. he's just unwilling to fight for pennies. i don't mind him fighting actually, but i think it's a bitch move to quit now. if he wanted to actually get better and win he'd go fight amateurs

That is, if he was practicing every day. because from that performance...

Just send him to LFA or Cage warriors.

<23>

<26><26><26><26><26><26><26><26>

He's almost 40, with no combat sport background, looked way worse than an amateur and he expects another fight at the UFC??

<3>

They probably feel that going to a decision was a moral victory and sign of improvement. I don't know to be honest. Even if this might have been before Jackson fight, its still a blatant lie because no way you improve 200 percent and have that performance.

Roufous be like
LdrjHfO.gif

At this point Duke is probably doing that. I wonder what would have happened if Punk were to a REAL COMPETITIVE CAMP?

They probably feel that going to a decision was a moral victory and sign of improvement. I don't know to be honest. Even if this might have been before Jackson fight, its still a blatant lie because no way you improve 200 percent and have that performance.

I still think Jackson held himself. whatever improvement Punk had it was nonexistent.

I still think Jackson held himself. whatever improvement Punk had it was nonexistent.

I cant tell if Jackson held himself either but the fight was long enough to see Punks mechanics and it is HORRIBLE. Its even worse if Dukes statement was made before the Jackson fight because its true that live competition can diminish whatever productivity you show in gym performance, its shouldn't make you THAT bad!

Tyron trains there more than he trains at ATT and I don't see much improvement to Tyron either. Pettis and Tyrons flaws have still not been remotely fixed and it's mainly lateral movement.
The only guy I can say that has consistently improved under them is Sergio Pettis. Time and time again the little guy looks sharp and like he has added new tools to his game.

Went from being a mediocre wrestler to stuffing most of Joe B's shots and getting back to his feet quickly when grounded. Needs to work on not getting stuck on the fence now. Great talent.

To be fair he was.

200% of zero is still zero.

He was a slightly better polished turd. But still a turd.

Jesus, man... If CM Punk, for whatever reason, actually wants to keep doing this full-time after those two ass whippings he took, he MUST go where he should've started in the first damn place: the amateur circuit.

He will NEVER get back into the UFC, as he should've never been there in the first place. BUT, he could save a little face by training his ass off for a couple years, building a decent amateur record, and then MAYBE way down the line go into a low-level pro circuit. At 39 years old, he will never be back in a top org. Probably not even pro-level.

Money talks bro. More people showed up to see CM Punk go to war than then showed up for Whittaker.

This is show business.

Well yes, I agree to an extent.

But, they're also trying to make it into a sport instead of just entertainment. I'd argue that in that respect, CM Punk is bad for business. He makes a joke of the business.

Money talks bro. More people showed up to see CM Punk go to war than then showed up for Whittaker.

This is show business.

I cant tell if Jackson held himself either but the fight was long enough to see Punks mechanics and it is HORRIBLE. Its even worse if Dukes statement was made before the Jackson fight because its true that live competition can diminish whatever productivity you show in gym performance, its shouldn't make you THAT bad!

Indeed. My theory is that Punk is not training according to make him a competent fighter to perform in mma and their coaches don't tell him what's wrong so they can milk him.

At this point Duke is probably doing that. I wonder what would have happened if Punk were to a REAL COMPETITIVE CAMP?
Roufusport has some solid fighters. CM Punk is just not talented, on top of that I really doubt he's actually putting in work

Back