Duke Roufus: CM Punk Will Be '200%' Better In Next UFC Fight

The worst thing about all this is the implication that he'll get another fight in the UFC.

People will watch if the attention here is any indication. Probably on television whether it is with the UFC or with Bellator.

Roufous be like
LdrjHfO.gif

I respect the hell out of Duke... but 3 + years under an elite camp, a guy like Brooks should've showed ALOT more than what he did on Saturday. His first fight, no problem- I get it.This sport is of a highly skilled nature (especially today where everyone coming up is well rounded to a degree) and is particularly brutal on top of it all.

In second fight, I still- of course- wasn't expecting mountains to be moved but damn..... that was just flat out unacceptable if I'm Mr. Rufus.

Punk already set for life has absolutely no business making another walk to octagon......im no keyboard warrior and I tend to have nothing but respect for any mmartist/cage fighter ( outside maybe a couple people) but I've loved this sport since 1999 and I do own a set of working eyeballs

I respect the hell out of Duke... but 3 + years under an elite camp, a guy like Brooks should've showed ALOT more than what he did on Saturday. His first fight, no problem- I get it.This sport is of a highly skilled nature (especially today where everyone coming up is well rounded to a degree) and is particularly brutal on top of it all.

In second fight, I still- of course- wasn't expecting mountains to be moved but damn..... that was just flat out unacceptable if I'm Mr. Rufus.

Punk already set for life has absolutely no business making another walk to octagon......im no keyboard warrior and I tend to have nothing but respect for any mmartist/cage fighter ( outside maybe a couple people) but I've loved this sport since 1999 and I do own a set of working eyeballs

I get him losing to micky but his performance against Jackson who self admittedly claims not to be too tier and fights for love of the game was a bad showing.

I mean it in a sense of him having all the time and resources while not having an obligation to an occupation which most fighters have to do because MMA gyms are expensive as hell.

So in that regards I am disappointed with punks performance.

If cm punk was serious he’d get couple fights on some regional shows even if the pay is $500-1000.

If cm punk was serious he’d get couple fights on some regional shows even if the pay is $500-1000.

I agree but in an interview punk said he is fighting for glory. I am not sure if regional shows give him the glory and accolades he desires.

Hence it's not a lack of talent but insincere interest in martial arts training. When I went in to boxing I was crazy about learning footwork and didn't care about competition until I nailed the techniques down.

Which is very possible. But unlikely. Unless it's prowrestler vs prowrestler like Daniel Bryan vs CM Punk. Then I could see UFC making that a co main event on ppv

Definitely possible which speaks volumes about the pitiful state that the UFC is in.

I agree but in an interview punk said he is fighting for glory. I am not sure if regional shows give him the glory and accolades he desires.

Hence it's not a lack of talent but insincere interest in martial arts training. When I went in to boxing I was crazy about learning footwork and didn't care about competition until I nailed the techniques down.

you can't get to glory without practice. he's just unwilling to fight for pennies. i don't mind him fighting actually, but i think it's a bitch move to quit now. if he wanted to actually get better and win he'd go fight amateurs

I get him losing to micky but his performance against Jackson who self admittedly claims not to be too tier and fights for love of the game was a bad showing.

I mean it in a sense of him having all the time and resources while not having an obligation to an occupation which most fighters have to do because MMA gyms are expensive as hell.

So in that regards I am disappointed with punks performance.
agreed- solid assessment

There will be no next UFC fight. I predict hes cut next.

You can't make a good wedding cake out of play-doh though.

The first fight drew eyeballs because he was a total wildcard. The second fight drew eyeballs because people weren't sure how much he'd improved in the 2 years since his first fight. Now that everyone knows what he's capable of, I think the bloom is off the rose. A third CM Punk fight in the UFC isn't going to draw a dime.

Getting beat for 6 rounds? I was under the impression AC's wouldnt allow over 5 rounds in one night...

PS: Seriously tho, how many times is he signed for? Or how many more beatings is he planning on taking? I mean, he isnt UFC level, he would get murked just the same in the regional shows, why even bother?

The first fight drew eyeballs because he was a total wildcard. The second fight drew eyeballs because people weren't sure how much he'd improved in the 2 years since his first fight. Now that everyone knows what he's capable of, I think the bloom is off the rose. A third CM Punk fight in the UFC isn't going to draw a dime.
Second fight didn't draw eyeballs the ppv sold 150k

He's said this crap for years. Wants two more years of salary from Punk.

Mind, you 200% better than how he's looked in his first two fights is setting a low bar.

I'm 200% not gonna watch his next fight.

Back