Dudes wife named their son after her first love(without telling him)

are you talking about in the us though? We were talking about how it is in the middle east.
Why would it matter though? Saudis already do that for lesser "crimes".

For instance, theaters are banned in Saudi Arabia so when Saudis want to see movies they just go over to Bahrain or the UAE to watch movies then come back. What's to stop them from getting some dick the same way?

Very well said.

But to be fair, it was men that fucked that proposition up. We stopped properly valuing the woman's contribution. We stopped considering it work. We stopped considering it important. We stopped properly appreciating and valuing it.

When a fucker starts and ends every argument with 'I'm the one that puts food on the table', sooner or later that shit is gonna backfire on them, and the woman is going to go put some food of her own on the table.
Like I said, western culture has been one big shit test that men have miserable failed. It's doubled the work force and depressed wages, made people unhappier. Socioeconomically, women date and marry across and up, so trying to close that gap despite all the reasons they exist in the first place is lunacy. The left needs to take a hard look at the unintended consequences of their causes, because they seem to think everything stays the same with just a few dollars shifted here and there and that has been a fucking disaster every place it's been attempted.

The idea of the male as the sole breadwinner is pretty recent actually and its widespread as a norm is a result of the post-war prosperity of the US.

For most of human history both husband and wife had to work out of necessity. A farm needs more than one pair of farmhands, really more than two which is also why children worked. Same with urban families, gotta have all hands on deck to make ends meet

Not saying you don't have a point about it being better, just saying its a lot less primordial than you seem to think. If possible its obviously a nice ideal to strive towards.

Every culture has its explicit rules and norms and then there's the unwritten set of rules on how to break the explicit rules, I would only expect the same for Saudis.
Work can mean part-time work or full-time work. My grandmother was a farmgirl and worked in a factory during the depression and did farm chores as a kid, but she was the lunch lady at my dad's school after she had kids, so she made the lunch in the morning and was more or less done by like 12:30 or 1 after loading up the dishwashers. My little sister's youngest kid just started kindergarten a few weeks ago, so she gets more downtime than she had before, but that's usually filled with doing laundry and going to the grocery store. It's work, but it's not a rigid schedule.

Isn’t that the plot to The Guilt Trip?

Anyway, Jeremy Jackson’s wife named their kid after Nick Diaz.

Jeremy isn’t a name you see much anymore, is it?

My kickboxing instructor and friend named his son Tyrion..

Haha how did this thread turn into a middle eastern thread..

Work can mean part-time work or full-time work. My grandmother was a farmgirl and worked in a factory during the depression and did farm chores as a kid, but she was the lunch lady at my dad's school after she had kids, so she made the lunch in the morning and was more or less done by like 12:30 or 1 after loading up the dishwashers. My little sister's youngest kid just started kindergarten a few weeks ago, so she gets more downtime than she had before, but that's usually filled with doing laundry and going to the grocery store. It's work, but it's not a rigid schedule.
For most of human history people did not work on a rigid schedule, man or woman. I'm just saying the ideal of the male supporting his wife the way it was envisioned in post-war America is recent and that often throughout history women also contributed to the family income beyond the standard role of caretaker and through household chores. A common example, from before the industrial revolution, would be handicrafts. Tutoring is another.

Notice for instance the example of your grandmother, from before the post-war period I'm talking about. She may have worked less outside the home but nonetheless she did work outside the home and made her own money.

For most of human history people did not work on a rigid schedule, man or woman. I'm just saying the ideal of the male supporting his wife the way it was envisioned in post-war America is recent and that often throughout history women also contributed to the family income beyond the standard role of caretaker and through household chores. A common example, from before the industrial revolution, would be handicrafts. Tutoring is another.

Notice for instance the example of your grandmother, from before the post-war period I'm talking about. She may have worked less outside the home but nonetheless she did work outside the home and made her own money.
If we're counting most of human history, then people haven't had jobs for most of it and nobody clocked in ever for like 90% of it. Handicrafts and tutoring were always part-time jobs. Every animal in existence has gender roles. Women still do handicrafts and tutoring now, but they aren't full-time wage jobs. I'm not against women being able to contribute, please do, I just don't want to be reliant on those sources and if a woman is the breadwinner, she's pretty definitely cheating with some guy who makes more than you. It's why DNA testing has revealed that a pretty shocking number of guys are raising kids that aren't even theirs.

Why would it matter though? Saudis already do that for lesser "crimes".

For instance, theaters are banned in Saudi Arabia so when Saudis want to see movies they just go over to Bahrain or the UAE to watch movies then come back. What's to stop them from getting some dick the same way?
i thought women couldnt drive until recently over there?

Like I said, western culture has been one big shit test that men have miserable failed. It's doubled the work force and depressed wages, made people unhappier. Socioeconomically, women date and marry across and up, so trying to close that gap despite all the reasons they exist in the first place is lunacy. The left needs to take a hard look at the unintended consequences of their causes, because they seem to think everything stays the same with just a few dollars shifted here and there and that has been a fucking disaster every place it's been attempted.

Dont blame western culture for the failures of your own society.

I tried to give my daughter a cooler name with a meaning, wife kept shooting them down until we settled for the most boring ass christian name possible.

If we're counting most of human history, then people haven't had jobs for most of it and nobody clocked in ever for like 90% of it. Handicrafts and tutoring were always part-time jobs. Every animal in existence has gender roles. Women still do handicrafts and tutoring now, but they aren't full-time wage jobs. I'm not against women being able to contribute, please do, I just don't want to be reliant on those sources and if a woman is the breadwinner, she's pretty definitely cheating with some guy who makes more than you. It's why DNA testing has revealed that a pretty shocking number of guys are raising kids that aren't even theirs.
Wage jobs themselves are only relatively recent, most of civilization did not have that system and most people more or less worked on their own time and profited from the fruits of their labor instead of allowing someone else to take it in exchange for a wage, women included. Handicrafts and tutoring might've been part time on their own but that doesn't preclude the women from taking other part time jobs as needed in addition to those. Women could also take part in things like long distance trade, especially since before extended families tended to live together which they could rely on for childcare duties.

My general point here is that I think you're underestimating the extent that women had to work before and you're overestimating the extent that the male breadwinner/ female dependent caretaker roles are ingrained. Which again isn't to say its not preferable, that's an entirely different discussion.
i thought women couldnt drive until recently over there?
That's true but I'm sure many of them found a way, people tend to do that. Like they say, where there's a will there's a way.

That's true but I'm sure many of them found a way, people tend to do that. Like they say, where there's a will there's a way.
yeah but if they got outed, they wouldnt be able to get married or could be disinherited by their family, right?

Dont blame western culture for the failures of your own society.
Not really a failure of society as a whole cause it's still 50/50, and it's benefited me, not society, that I'm a misogynist and now have half the competition. Outside of my own relationships, it's neither here nor there, but numbers overall suggest that more marriages fail at around the same rates as "progress".

yeah but if they got outed, they wouldnt be able to get married or could be disinherited by their family, right?
In some cases sure, maybe not in some others.

My point here is that beneath any conservative culture and its norms there always exists the lived experience of transgression of those norms and that often these transgressions are fairly normalized and have their own, unwritten set of rules governing them in relation to the more surface level rules and norms.

Not really a failure of society as a whole cause it's still 50/50, and it's benefited me, not society, that I'm a misogynist and now have half the competition. Outside of my own relationships, it's neither here nor there, but numbers overall suggest that more marriages fail at around the same rates as "progress".

Divorce rates have been going down, because people dont marry just because its expected to like it was during the baby boom era.

Also its not about women working, or being a "breadwinner", in Hispanic societies women have had the right to property since colonial times.

In fact i think the opposite is true, women who work are more mature, intelligent and more responsible and less likely to cheat because they have a strong self-esteem and a busy mind.

In the end, i think women and men (who are satisfied at home) cheat mainly because they are bored and are looking for new exciting stuff.

Last edited:

You do realize men died all the time right? women had to work their asses off one way or another in order to provide for their kids.

Back