Drug Testing Now Hurts More Than Helps The Sport

The range of testosterone from man to man is pretty big.

You have middle aged men with high levels of test and men in their twenties with lower levels. It varies between individuals, so I'm not sure why you are implying all older athletes will have low testosterone.
All athletes testosterone becomes lower when they grow old. All older athletes testosterone is too low to compete in combat sports, unless they get some synthetic help.

No athlete that has testosterone in the lower range in their 20s will ever make it to an mma fight. And certainly not to the UFC.

Last edited:
is this the past? When boxing was a huge sport? Nowadays boxing gyms are rare in the past it wasn't the same. Most pros come from the city so the small town argument is not valid.

And while each sport requires different natural abilities, there is cross over and nowadays next to no one even tries boxing. You have to try boxing to find out that is the sport in which you are most gifted. Roy Jones Jr could have easily been a failed basketball player if his dad didn't get him into boxing.

When boxing was the only sport that paid really well, like the time of Archie Moore, all smart gifted athletes tried boxing. If they couldn't box they did something else.
So you Are saying that when boxing was the highest paid sport, kids in high school quit basketball or tennis to do boxing instead? You Are really something...

It sure does from an entertainment perspective.

The pure competition crowd will disagree but what can you do.

All athletes testosterone becomes lower when they grow old. All older athletes testosterone is too low to compete in combat sports, unless they get some synthetic help.

No athlete that has testosterone in the lower range in their 20s will ever make it to an mma fight. And certainly not to the UFC.

Do you have a source to back up that "all older athletes testosterone is too low to compete in combat sports" because again, you do get older men with high test levels.

Not saying you are wrong, I just want to see some evidence to back it up.

Do you have a source to back up that "all older athletes testosterone is too low to compete in combat sports" because again, you do get older men with high test levels.

Not saying you are wrong, I just want to see some evidence to back it up.
No. You don't get old men with high natural testosterone levels. If old men have high testosterone levels they Are not natural.

testosterone-graph.gif

It is frustrating that all these fights get cancelled... but it is necessary. if the best people were all openly doing it... then everyone who ever wanted to be a contender would have to do it. That stuff is harmful to humans & it's best that they do everything they can to keep it out of the sport.

Also, I guarantee that USADA waz put in place more for insurance purposes than anything. If someone gets seriously hurt by someone on PED's... the fighter who got hurt could not sue the UFC for it. The UFC will say that they are doing all they can & that guy cheated the system so your gripe is with him & not us.

cheaters are the problem, not the people who catch cheaters.
simple as this. don't know what much there is to talk about. that's all there is to it.

No. You don't get old men with high natural testosterone levels. If old men have high testosterone levels they Are not natural.

testosterone-graph.gif

Yes you do. That graph just shows a decline it's not going to be the same for all men across the board.

Do you think all 20 year olds have 900 ng/dl of testosterone like that graph shows?

2012246_orig.png

Source: http://www.mens-hormonal-health.com/normal-testosterone-levels-in-men.html

As you can see, there are men past 40 with high test levels, so I'm not sure why you think there aren't.

UFC was the like the 'tard kid in the professional sports league class bringing in a serious testing program like USADA.

They should have just done what other major sports do: a token program to look good to the media but purposely isn't very effective.

Yes you do. That graph just shows a decline it's not going to be the same for all men across the board.

Do you think all 20 year olds have 900 ng/dl of testosterone like that graph shows?

2012246_orig.png

Source: http://www.mens-hormonal-health.com/normal-testosterone-levels-in-men.html

As you can see, there are men past 40 with high test levels, so I'm not sure why you think there aren't.
Not to mention, today's young men have ~50% of the testosterone levels of their grandfathers. so, even with the natural decline as you age, old men still have higher levels.

2012246_orig.png

And I can Assure you that None of the top 20 mma guys in the world Are in the average testosterone range. They Are all in the absolute upper range for their agegroup. If their levels fall, they Are out of the top 20 in a second.

There Are absolutely no top 20 ufc fighter with as low as 700 ng/dl.

No. There Are not men past 40 with high natural test levels.

Yes, there is a huge decline in everyone with age.

No. There Are not men past 40 with high natural test level

This is odd.

Let's agree to disagree as you won't pay attention to people who are educated on the subject saying differently.

On a sidenote, didn't Weidman have lower levels than 700 ng/dl? Cormier too from the top of my head, both top 20.

Last edited:
This is odd.

Let's agree to disagree as you won't pay attention to people who are educated on the subject saying differently.

On a sidenote, didn't Weidman have lower levels than 700 ng/dl? Cormier too from the top of my head, both top 20.
And to compete they need some extra help. It is normal.

There has to be some balance or middle ground.

I know roids is a sensitive subject in all sports.

But to train 3-4 times a day, the gruelling regiments these guys do NOT including any strength training, is just nuts for ANY human being without some supplements

Plus in scenarios where a guys breaks his fucking leg and half and is supposed to compete after that, personally Ive got to imagine some roids to help heal is acceptable?

It was all fun and games until your favorites started getting popped, right?

Back