Drug Testing Now Hurts More Than Helps The Sport

Drug testing was implemented to help UFC window dress for a new TV deal. Now it's eating the UFC alive. I mean now that JDS is out that card took a huge hit. It's getting out of control..
More testing with larger penalties and protocols to ensure clean fighters have a route to be cleared is what is needed.

this is my take on it. Legalize it. Regulate it. Tax it. Athletes want to use

You mean the guys who are getting popped? So the guys getting popped are on undetectable designer gear that is so super secret no one knows about it despite them all popping for standard gear we all know about?
No, obviously the guys getting popped aren't on designer gear.

No, obviously the guys getting popped aren't on designer gear.
So the top 15 guys are getting popped and the top 15 guys are the ones on it but they aren't on it because they are getting popped so no one is on the gear even though they are on the gear ... your theory is really confusing.

no doubt, ALL are on drugs, only a few are punishment, the real fans are punished too without big fights, fighters without roids ped's etc would be a very weak show, since ufc 1 all of them ''were in the game''...Usada stinks. Now we haven't barnett, ben, cigano, and lesnar possibility <JonesDXSuckIt>for now.....

So the top 15 guys are getting popped and the top 15 guys are the ones on it but they aren't on it because they are getting popped so no one is on the gear even though they are on the gear ... your theory is really confusing.
Don't worry about it. You'll get a headache.

drug testing is killing the sport cos almost everyone is on PEDS os soemthing else, how can you promote/build a sport if virtually anyone can get caught?? even DW is on steroids and Rogan is an addict

drug testing is killing the sport cos almost everyone is on PEDS os soemthing else, how can you promote/build a sport if virtually anyone can get caught?? even DW is on steroids and Rogan is an addict

Agreed. Might as well just shut down the UFC altogether.

Incorrect hunt woulda made more from a win against a clean lesnar

Where did you read this?

His contract would've paid him 700,000 dollars whether he won or lost.

Nope. Drug testing is weeding out all these dirty drugs cheats. I don't want to watch a bunch of cowardly labratory experiments fighting. I want to see the best clean fighters in the world. Legalizing roids would completely ruin sports. We need to start implementing life time bans for cheating. It's a fucking joke that cheater cowards are given second and third chances

Then go watch Amateur Wrestling at your local gym.

People prefer to see jacked-up neanderthals kick each other's asses in the octagon.

What a dumb statement, athletes taking banned substances is what hurts the sport.

But what constitutes as a banned substance is a bit extreme. USADA is too strict. This isn't the olympics. This is MMA. All we need is to make sure dudes aren't juicing to the point that they're going to kill each other.

Diuretics and IV's aren't that big a deal.

But what constitutes as a banned substance is a bit extreme. USADA is too strict. This isn't the olympics. This is MMA. All we need is to make sure dudes aren't juicing to the point that they're going to kill each other.

Diuretics and IV's aren't that big a deal.

I don't disagree with you on USADA being strict but diuretics do play a part in masking PEDs and Weight cutting in the sport in my opinion is out of control. My point is that if you work for a company and sign a contract to get paid you have to abide by their rules even if you find them excessive

Ya, it's the drug testing that hurts the sport.

Fuck me some of you bitches are dumb.

I don't disagree with you on USADA being strict but diuretics do play a part in masking PEDs and Weight cutting in the sport in my opinion is out of control. My point is that if you work for a company and sign a contract to get paid you have to abide by their rules even if you find them excessive

Ah you're right. I forgot about masking. And, yeah, I agree with your point. Like I said, I still think USADA rules are too strict, but your points are solid. You sign a contract, you do the job.

Peace.

I think there's a middle ground here. For one thing, USADA needs to get their shit together and get the results faster and more efficiently. They completely screwed UFC 200 at the very last second and ruined the Card (which I paid for with my Bucket List money). Ended up seeing DC lay on Silva for 3 rounds. Hell, we didn't even see THAT unless we were watching the Big Screen at the venue.

Catching guys using banned substances IS how it helps.

Yeah sure. Helps so well that ive lost a great deal of interest in every card and a decent amount of interest overall. Fights getting cancelled over "potential" violations too.

Fuck this disney world bullshit.

If you think that The UFC was making less money than it should have before USADA because people were turned off by fighters who appeared to be cheating by using steroids, how do you explain the success of Brock Lesnar who at the time set the record for the highest buyrate ever for a UFC PPV, yet he looked more like asteroid user than anyone else on the roster?

Think about it. Their biggest draw was the guy who looked the most like he used steroids. How does that translate to a drug fee UFC potentially making more money? It's nonsensical!

It was detractor problem (with a lot of it being bought detraction by boxing and culinary union people), not a problem with hard core fans. As for Brock, he was a strongly established guy in the media, coming from WWE, and his short stint in the Viking's training camp received lots of media attention. Overall though, the UFC had an image problem it needed to address to climb up the mainstream ladder, and even the MMA media was clucking its tongues over the PED issue. Maybe now that they are established, we will see them doing their own PED testing like the NFL does at some point, so they can give special dispensations when they need to in order to keep a big fight alive.

Back