Drop some knowledge on me about Aaron Pico

13 others

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I hear this 20 year old kid is a wrestling prodigy who almost made the 2016 USA freestyle wrestling team and would of been the first teen to do so in 40 years.

Golden gloves boxer, young, been training at some top gyms for awhile. Seems like a good prospect, a little exciting. Are people getting hyped?

I've honestly never heard of him, I'll do some research now

I hear this 20 year old kid is a wrestling prodigy who almost made the 2016 USA freestyle wrestling team and would of been the first teen to do so in 40 years.

Golden gloves boxer, young, been training at some top gyms for awhile. Seems like a good prospect, a little exciting. Are people getting hyped?

You said it all. Looking forward to Bellator creating some new talent, something Pride used to do and to a lesser extent, Rizin is doing now.

As a boxer, when he was 12, he captured not only the PAL national championship in his age group in that sport, as well as the Upstanding Boxer award, but followed it up the next year at the Junior Golden Gloves championships. He also won the European Pankration championship in the Ukraine.

And in his most impressive accomplishment, in November, the high school sophomore, in tournament competition, defeated Alibeggediz Emeev, the No. 3 Olympic caliber wrestler on the Russian national team in his weight class, an unheard of accomplishment in that sport.

He was 42-0 at St. John Bosco High School in Bellflower, Calif., winning both the California state and national championships. The closest anyone came to him in a match was losing by ten points, and this was as a freshman.

Pico actually spends time training at AKA too believe it or not. Between this and his training at AKA, he might not make it to fight day.

Yep AKA is where he tore his ACL which in turn pushed his debut back 10 months.

This video here just looks like you are asking for a bruised rib though.

Showcasing his hands here. To be honest I can't tell you enough about form and speed on bag work to know how good (or bad) this is though.

Im really excited to watch him perform. On paper he is like the best MMA prospect ever.

I think Bellator made a really smart choice locking him up in a contract long time ago.

This is great. Kid seems to have an unreal base to do well in MMA. Young and in shape. Can't wait. Havent been this excited for a prospect is awhile.

This is great. Kid seems to have an unreal base to do well in MMA. Young and in shape. Can't wait. Havent been this excited for a prospect is awhile.

Yep with the Fab Five. There is the whole "how well can they punch and how do they react to being punched"

But with Pico there doesn't appear to be anything to cause one to reserve their level of excitement.

they say he's the one that Ko'd Josh Thompson in practice thats why he had such a long layoff before fighting 155 pitbull

There are some exceptions. Sources tell BI that rising teenage heavyweight Daniel Dubois, whose first bout was broadcast on BT Sport, is paid a monthly salary by his promoter, Frank Warren - regardless of how often he competes. MMA star Aaron Pico, said to be one of the likeliest prospects to be the next Conor McGregor, gets the same treatment from Bellator.

There are some exceptions. Sources tell BI that rising teenage heavyweight Daniel Dubois, whose first bout was broadcast on BT Sport, is paid a monthly salary by his promoter, Frank Warren - regardless of how often he competes. MMA star Aaron Pico, said to be one of the likeliest prospects to be the next Conor McGregor, gets the same treatment from Bellator.

Yet, he had knee surgery before his pro debut.

Looking forward to his debut, but with fight-related injuries happening BEFORE making his debut, there is a chance he will end up as a typical "What fighter didn't live up to his hype?" thread.

Considering Retherford won his second NCAA title by either pinning or teching everyone in the tournament makes this ULTRA impressive.

Yep. Pico is going to come in and dominate this sport i'm confident of it.

Don't discount Zach Freeman as an opponent. Zach's no punk...fought the last four rounds of his RFA title fight with a badly broken hand that required surgery afterwards.

As a boxer, when he was 12, he captured not only the PAL national championship in his age group in that sport, as well as the Upstanding Boxer award, but followed it up the next year at the Junior Golden Gloves championships. He also won the European Pankration championship in the Ukraine.

And in his most impressive accomplishment, in November, the high school sophomore, in tournament competition, defeated Alibeggediz Emeev, the No. 3 Olympic caliber wrestler on the Russian national team in his weight class, an unheard of accomplishment in that sport.

He was 42-0 at St. John Bosco High School in Bellflower, Calif., winning both the California state and national championships. The closest anyone came to him in a match was losing by ten points, and this was as a freshman.

In the beginning I put him off as hype, but he's grown on me. He's going to the best places he can and is really investing. He reminds me of Rory Mac and will probably replicate him in being a top contender throughout his career.

Back