Dream team: Joe Rogan, Jimmy Smith, Jon Anik get commentary lineup debut at UFC 223

looking forward to this debut. Anik is just fine as the 3rd man...he is at his best when he chimes in periodically, rather than being the lead (his broadcaster-type voice is too annoying lol).

With any two of Rogan, DC, and Smith, and with Anik as the third, the broadcasts should consistently be excellent, IMHO.

Joe Rogan is partly responsible for Jimmy Smith’s addition to the UFC broadcast team, and now the friends will have an opportunity to work together for the first time.

Next month’s UFC 223 event will feature the commentary debut of a three-man booth featuring longtime UFC broadcaster Rogan, recent signee Smith and play-by-play staple Jon Anik.

The new trio also will continue Anik’s revolving door of partners in the booth. Since joining the company in October 2011, Anik has worked with 14 different commentary teams. UFC 223 will mark his 15th grouping.

UFC 223 takes place April 7 at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, N.Y. The main card airs on pay-per-view following prelims on FS1 and UFC Fight Pass.

What do you think about this commentary setup for this epic event?

http://mmajunkie.com/2018/03/joe-rogan-jimmy-smith-jon-anik-debut-commentary-ufc-223
Jon Anik automatically disqualifies any dream team.

Smith was never in his entire career at Bellator better than Rogan. He also can't score rounds worth a shit at all.

He's not terrible or anything but he doesn't touch Rogan. He isn't as biased as Joe though so he has that going for him but he still tends to call fights for a particular fighter like Joe.

Rogan doesnt score them, but if he did, he'd probably suck too. Scoring and commentating simultaneously is dumb and its why Showtime and HBO have actual fight scorers in Farhood and Lederman.

Smith is a much better commentator. He's more experienced as a fighter, more impartial, and more well-researched.

Rogan doesnt score them, but if he did, he'd probably suck too. Scoring and commentating simultaneously is dumb and its why Showtime and HBO have actual fight scorers in Farhood and Lederman.

Smith is a much better commentator. He's more experienced as a fighter, more impartial, and more well-researched.

No, Smith is nowhere near is good.

That's just silly. lol

fuck, wheres DC?

jimmy doesnt really bring in anything special that the other commentators dont bring.
DC makes the commentary booth a lot more fun to listen too.

My commenting dream team has to include Bas Rutten. Sadly, I don't think the UFC will ever hire him.
Well, they did induct him into their Hall of Fame, so it's not like that bridge was burned down or something.

yeah, I could see where DC's call could have come off as annoying. I personally enjoyed it because I thought of it as pure emotion and pretty much captured what everybody else was thinking in the arena at the time. right before that fight started I figured it would be five rounds so I went to the concession and double fisted beers and settled in my seat. 3 minutes later when rose shocked everyone I completely spilled both beers that I was doublefisting jumping out of my seat just because the whole arena was going nuts at the time and honestly I couldn't believed what happened as well. that moment was easily the best of the night and the one that got the crowd out of their seats screaming. not GSP, not TJ...therefore why I think the Thug Rose call was appropriate
Ok, I get where you're coming from. I also jumped out of the couch when Vampira got KO'd, and I guess if it was ever to be justified to go nuts that was a fitting moment.

Can't wait for the rematch!

Anik is horrible.

Dream team is Rogan's fight companion squad.High Rogan,high Edgy Brah,drunk Callen and Schaub babbling nonsense.

Back