Dream team: Joe Rogan, Jimmy Smith, Jon Anik get commentary lineup debut at UFC 223

I hope Anik doesn't get a chance to get any words in. Can't get behind a commentator who describes a left hook as an "offering"...

Do us a favor and never use the words "Dream Team" with "Jon Anik" together, lest you are talking about one who lulls you to dream and sleep.

Why?!?!

Rogan seemed so comfortable with DC at their last event, both were hilarious.
We need Felder + Smith and Rogan + DC.

Last edited:
DC and Dom are both highly preferable to Anik.

Granted Anik has to do the mechanical job of telling you about whoever the current 'corn nuts' is but outside of that he brings little to the broadcast regarding MMA.

I definitely miss Goldie and the excitement and enthusiasm he added.

I don't hate Anik but he is not part of a "dream team".

Why? So he could go "thug rose thug rose thug rose" like a retard again? :D I feel he's a bit overrated as a commentator, and more often than not sounds punchy. Dom & Felder are much better for fighter commentators imo.

I do agree that the three man booth is really stupid. It just makes it so that everyone is competing with each other to get a word in. I feel Anik has no place commentating. Rogan, or rather Jimmy Smith, fills his place better and then add a fighter commentator who can go into detail.
yeah, I could see where DC's call could have come off as annoying. I personally enjoyed it because I thought of it as pure emotion and pretty much captured what everybody else was thinking in the arena at the time. right before that fight started I figured it would be five rounds so I went to the concession and double fisted beers and settled in my seat. 3 minutes later when rose shocked everyone I completely spilled both beers that I was doublefisting jumping out of my seat just because the whole arena was going nuts at the time and honestly I couldn't believed what happened as well. that moment was easily the best of the night and the one that got the crowd out of their seats screaming. not GSP, not TJ...therefore why I think the Thug Rose call was appropriate

Rogan passing the torch to Jimmy.

I wish there was some way Anik could not be there, but I guess someone has to fulfill the quota of dumbass observations and mindless shilling.

I don't mind Anik in a 3 man booth, because he's usually just the "Tale of the Tape" and "UFC 223 is brought to you by Bud Light" guy. But when he's a 2 man booth, and has to carry half the commentary oh sweet fuck is he bad.

Smith is going to show Rogan up massively

Cant wait

Smith was never in his entire career at Bellator better than Rogan. He also can't score rounds worth a shit at all.

He's not terrible or anything but he doesn't touch Rogan. He isn't as biased as Joe though so he has that going for him but he still tends to call fights for a particular fighter like Joe.

I want Dom in there as well to sting Rogan all night long:D

sting Rogan? I dunno...Dom more just comes off like an argumentative ass who talks *way* too much.

Back