ATOMIC BLONDE (Dragonlord's Review)

If you have seen ATOMIC BLONDE, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
A friend of mine saw this, said the movie was fun but the twists and turns really fell off towards the end. Apparently it was a little too much swerving but he didn't mention to avoid spoiling the movie.

John Wick has a much simpler plot than Atomic Blonde but it [JW] was more engaging and I was more emotionally invested in the main character.
Yeah you can't substitute complexity for depth, be it thematic, emotional or otherwise. I suppose I can still appreciate this as more a Charlize fan than a fan of the character.

Update: July 28, 2017

ATOMIC BLONDE Takes $1.5M on Thursday for Possible $20M Weekend

The Charlize Theron action film Atomic Blonde kicked into gear with $1.5 million in previews Thursday, while Sony Pictures Animation's The Emoji Movie logged $900,000.

Atomic Blonde, following an MI6 spy during the final days of the Berlin Wall, should open between $20 million and $22 million. It was produced and financed by Sierra/Affinity.

David Leitch (John Wick) directed the film, which is based on the graphic novel The Coldest City. In addition to Theron, it also stars James McAvoy, John Goodman, Til Schweiger, Eddie Marsan, Sofia Boutella and Toby Jones.

Box Office: 'Atomic Blonde' Takes $1.5M, 'Emoji Movie' Collects $900K Thursday

I was just wondering how much did she go after mens junk in the fights there was a trailer showing her shooting like 3 or 4 men in the dick who really fucking does that besides Butters.

I figured Dragons review was gonna be as it was written. Wasn't expecting much.

I was just wondering how much did she go after mens junk in the fights there was a trailer showing her shooting like 3 or 4 men in the dick who really fucking does that besides Butters.
In the trailer I saw, she only did it once and the others were strikes to the thigh/leg/abdomen area I think. In the actual movie, the junk shots were minimal if I recall correctly.

My assumption is it's only relying on chopsocky action and very shit story and characters.

My assumption is it's only relying on chopsocky action and very shit story and characters.

If "chopsocky" is the shtick, I am all in. I am a big fan of old Shaw Bros. kung fu flicks.. So, if that is the case, I am all in..

The Rock posted a video of her learning all her moves and kinda made me interested.

The Rock posted a video of her learning all her moves and kinda made me interested.

Charlize is pretty consistent. Gotta give her credit in all manor of forms.... Or is it, forms of manor??

Nevertheless,

giphy.gif

Why not make a bad ass girl movie where she just shoots people to kill them? That could be much more believable. Anybody could be a great shot with the right training and practice. Just don't have a 115 pound woman shooting a Desert Eagle in each hand like they were BB guns. Maybe she takes out a guy when she really needs to by hand a couple of times, but she does it with a knife she had hidden etc.

Hollywood thinks Charlize Theron is a hot property because Mad Max and Fate of the Furious both made shittons of money.

Apparently, no one told them that nobody went to see those movies for Charlize Theron.

Hopefully after this weekend, that point will be made clear.

It was surprisingly good:

-Mininum feminist dialogue/quips
-Excellent soundtrack
-A great, sound plot
-Great fight scenes with a few of her actually losing at times(gives it a taste of authenticity;)

You'd enjoy it;)

Atomic load of shit. Couldn't grab my attention at any moment even with the boobs. At one point I actually left the theater to take a break from watching it because I just wanted it to end. 2/10

lol

Pretty spot on.

However, to be fair, it is a film so you're always going to be asked to suspend your belief a little. Most likely my all time favorite of the female badass genre is Beatrix in the 'Kill Bill' series, which obviously you have to drop the fact that its a chick as the ass kicker. I loved the films so much that I had no issue being able to do that. But there is equal amounts of style and substance there to draw from in flicks like those -QT is a good story teller (provided you dig his style, which I do usually)

Films like this I know ahead of time I'm not going to care for because its all style over substance and I usually just can't go for that. But as far as the realism aspect? Meh, I'm not going to watch a film like this -even with a male lead- with that in mind. Honestly. But for fucksakes tell a good story.

This is why I had no interest in the newer Star Wars stuff -I don't care either way who the lead is, but come with a fresh awesome tale to tell us. Don't re-hash something with what is an obvious agenda mixed in. Drop all that crap and tell a story -I want to be entertained and transported away from reality for a couple of hours when I drop in to watch a film, not spoon fed recycled crap with real life political garbage thrown in there.

Hollywood thinks Charlize Theron is a hot property because Mad Max and Fate of the Furious both made shittons of money.

Apparently, no one told them that nobody went to see those movies for Charlize Theron.

Hopefully after this weekend, that point will be made clear.
I dunno man. The only reason I watched Aeon Flux was Theron. I may watch Atomic Blonde and Theron is the #1 selling point to me. The style and action are the other two. I loved her in Mad Max, even though I didn't go to that for her, I was impressed. Oh, and I will likely never see Fate of the Furious.

I dunno man. The only reason I watched Aeon Flux was Theron. I may watch Atomic Blonde and Theron is the #1 selling point to me. The style and action are the other two. I loved her in Mad Max, even though I didn't go to that for her, I was impressed. Oh, and I will likely never see Fate of the Furious.

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt0402022/

Aeon Flux bigly bombed.

She's a decent costar, but she's no leading lady.

Watched this today, wasn't great but it's still decent. Honestly part way through it, I thought this reminds me a bit of Grosse Pointe Blanke, just the blatant 80s music in every scene, but GPB is much better and a totally different movie. Just seemed like they wanted to capture our interest with cool 80s songs

Back