Dragon: The Bruce Lee story is an underrated, timeless classic

I love this movie. Actually the first film I ever saw on laser disc.

I like that Film... had some GnP finish too...

Do you give up!!! Do you give up!!! Do you give up!!!!

I remember pics from the movie floating around here and he looked insane. Like he lost a shitton of weight. Like an unhealthy amount of weight.

Found the pic: good lord! :eek:

reg_1024.alexcross3.mh.062812.jpg

Yeah, he was probably thinking this was going to be his Oscar nominated supporting role when he showed up all Cape Feared out, and then...

tyler-perry-alex-cross-flops-b-the-jasmine-brand.jpg

That's Tyler Perry enraged, by the way.

I actually was kind of disappointed with it the first time I saw it, but I rewatched it years later and was like, Okay, this is a pretty good movie. They took enough liberties with the story that calling it The Bruce Lee Story is kind of laughable, but if you just take it for what it is--a fictionalized account--it's solid.

I was kind of the same way. I think I was around 13-14 when I first saw it. I loved anything martial arts back then so I dug it. But it was forgettable. But it grew on me and over time I grew to love it. It's probably because of nostalgia.

I saw Stealth and within 24 hours I couldn't remember a single thing about it. I still can't.

It was panned by critics like it was one of the worst films ever made, but I thought it was average. That is, nothing great, but also nothing to go out of the way to criticize.

As to Alex Cross, they tried to have Tyler Perry fill Morgan Freeman's shoes and it played out exactly as anyone without brain damage would have predicted.

Oh man, I really gotta check it out now.

Highly, HIGHLY underrated.

Great flick.

I remember pics from the movie floating around here and he looked insane. Like he lost a shitton of weight. Like an unhealthy amount of weight.

That's fucking crazy. It's a damn shame he put all that work in and it ended up being a movie that almost no one saw and that apparently wasn't very good.

If you want to see Matthew Fox in a good role in a good movie, watch Bone Tomahawk.

Yeah, he was probably thinking this was going to be his Oscar nominated supporting role when he showed up all Cape Feared out, and then...

tyler-perry-alex-cross-flops-b-the-jasmine-brand.jpg

That's Tyler Perry enraged, by the way.

haha

No Oscar for you, Jack. You're no Christian Bale

jackface_2.jpg

Also, I wish somebody would bring the "Jackface" meme back. Those were hilarious

lostS2E14_07.jpg

Offcourse he lost a ton of weight after getting "LOST" in the jungle after his plane from Sydney crashed in some remote island with some smoke shit!!

am I weird for liking the BrandonLee movie Rapidfire (Powers Boothe is a G, per usual) more than Dragon?

I know it's not accurate and it's a HIGHLY fictionalized account of Bruce's life.

I don't even like this description because it still preserves the notion that it's ANY kind of account - "fictionalized," "HIGHLY fictionalized," what have you - of his life. It's basically a crazy ass movie with Bruce Lee as the main character. And, because of that, and because of how much I love Bruce Lee, I can't view this movie as anything but an enormous steaming pile of shit.

That said, it made for one of my favorite video games of all-time :D

And what's her name never looked better. What IS her name?

Lauren Holly. And Picket Fences would beg to differ.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

am I weird for liking the BrandonLee movie Rapidfire (Powers Boothe is a G, per usual) more than Dragon?

If by "weird" you mean "a sane, discriminating moviegoer," then yes ;)

its absolutely not timeless, the opposite in fact.

given the amount of information we can now look up about people, these kind of biopics are over romanticized pieces of crap.

the man loved to do drugs and bang strange, i can still enjoy the tale of his life without the hero worship.

but mysterious coma my ass.

I saw this at a 2 dollar discount theater my dad had found a mile or so away from Lake Elizabeth in Fremont. We both loved it, but it hardly gets any play time in syndication or such.

I don't even like this description because it still preserves the notion that it's ANY kind of account - "fictionalized," "HIGHLY fictionalized," what have you - of his life. It's basically a crazy ass movie with Bruce Lee as the main character. And, because of that, and because of how much I love Bruce Lee, I can't view this movie as anything but an enormous steaming pile of shit.

That said, it made for one of my favorite video games of all-time :D

Well, c'mon though, can't you just view the movie for what it is and judge it on its own merits as a film?

Lauren Holly. And Picket Fences would beg to differ.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

That's one of those bitches who, like so many before her, just kind of disappeared.

It's a predictable pattern: The actress gets a lot of buzz, shows up in some high profile movies, and then just fades away, spending the rest of her career appearing in stuff that most people haven't heard of.

Also LOL at that fucking Game Boy. That brings back memories.

If by "weird" you mean "a sane, discriminating moviegoer," then yes ;)

Rapid Fire is not a very good movie though. . .

Not at all. I owned Rapid Fire as a teen and it was one of those that I rewatched like a hundred times. It's one of the better B movies out there. And the fight scenes were outstanding. Throwing a kitchen draw full of silverware at a dudes face. Kicking the door shut when bad guys try to come in. lol it was awesome.

For some reason I always loved this song from it. Still do:

Going off on a tangent here, but speaking of songs from b movies I love, I also still love this one from I Come In Peace. (no clue why I'm associating those 2 things. It must have been around the same time period as Rapid Fire. idk):

I come in peace, as in the Germanic alien and dolph lundgren movie?

good lawd
what's next, a jeff speakman reference?

Back