Dragon: The Bruce Lee story is an underrated, timeless classic

Agent Mulder's Hair

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
And it still to this day motivates me in a similar way that Rocky 4 does. I can't watch Dragon and not go work out directly afterwards. Can't do it. I just love this movie. I know it's not accurate and it's a HIGHLY fictionalized account of Bruce's life. But it's just terrific none the less. And it's aged surprisingly well. Still holds up. The scenes with that demon? Holy crap that was so well done. That thing is still terrifying. Which is appropriate since my interpretation is that it represents the physical manifestation of fear. WHY is that thing never mentioned in scariest movie monster discussions?

And what's her name never looked better. What IS her name?

Anyway, the movie is beautiful. Brings feels. And that score! That score is still amazing. Anyway I just wanted to bring this up and rave about it a little. I love it. How about you guys?

946ac3c6541412dc29d9efd76a25e550-1.jpg

Picture+902.jpg

DragonBruceLee_traction.png

tumblr_mlkxu2z7kk1qkvl19o1_r1_500.gif

bf62cdc8da4c47255dff021caa65fb6a.png

11340_1.jpg

Last edited:
Wholeheartedly agree!!! My dad and I loved that movie. My pops is a big Bruce Lee fan. The guy didn't really look like Bruce, but he did a good job in the movie and was in great shape. I think he was a gymnast or dancer by trade, I don't remember. The actress who played Linda looked similar to Linda. She was really pretty in this movie as well. I had a huge crush on her in this and in Dumb & Dumber.

The samuari demon was a cool concept. They used artistic rights on the kick in the back scene. I'm pretty sure Bruce injured his back working out. Definitely one of my favorite movies. Great soundtrack too.

And you mentioned Rocky 4! Another classic!

Also, her name is Lauren Holly. Very pretty in her younger days.

Last edited:
One of my favorites when I was younger. It didn't age great, but I still really enjoy it for nostalgia purposes. Jason Scott Lee was a dancer by trade and didn't have much martial arts training, but he did pretty well given his physical potential. I always thought he hit Ong Soo Han to the body about 400 times in this scene:

One of my favorites when I was younger. It didn't age great, but I still really enjoy it for nostalgia purposes. Jason Scott Lee was a dancer by trade and didn't have much martial arts training, but he did pretty well given his physical potential. I always thought he hit Ong Soo Han to the body about 400 times in this scene:

I haven't seen this movie since I was a kid but this was the scene I remember the most, where he rips out the film at the end.

Ha, Bruce Lee couldn't even beat that girl in Balls of Fury:

007BOF_Maggie_Q_002.jpg

KR7djw.gif

Pretty good movie that I remember catching in the theater with my dad.

I actually was kind of disappointed with it the first time I saw it, but I rewatched it years later and was like, Okay, this is a pretty good movie. They took enough liberties with the story that calling it The Bruce Lee Story is kind of laughable, but if you just take it for what it is--a fictionalized account--it's solid.

It's one of Rob Cohen's two above-average movies, the other being The Fast and the Furious.

Pretty good movie that I remember catching in the theater with my dad.

I actually was kind of disappointed with it the first time I saw it, but I rewatched it years later and was like, Okay, this is a pretty good movie. They took enough liberties with the story that calling it The Bruce Lee Story is kind of laughable, but if you just take it for what it is--a fictionalized account--it's solid.

It's one of Rob Cohen's two above-average movies, the other being The Fast and the Furious.

I thought Daylight and The Skulls were okay, but he should never have worked again after Alex Cross.

I thought Daylight and The Skulls were okay, but he should never have worked again after Alex Cross.

Daylight was average at best. I certainly never feel the desire to revisit it.

The Skulls I only saw once but remember walking away thinking it was just aaiight. Maybe I should revisit that one. The secret society plot line is at least interesting.

I never did see Alex Cross. Was it really that bad?

Daylight was average at best. I certainly never feel the desire to revisit it.

The Skulls I only saw once but remember walking away thinking it was just aaiight. Maybe I should revisit that one. The secret society plot line is at least interesting.

I never did see Alex Cross. Was it really that bad?

It's one of the most irredeemable pieces of shit I have ever seen.

He's coming back in 1999, yo.

LOL damn. Maybe I'll have to check it out at some point just to witness the train wreck.

Did you ever see Stealth?

I saw Stealth and within 24 hours I couldn't remember a single thing about it. I still can't.

As to Alex Cross, they tried to have Tyler Perry fill Morgan Freeman's shoes and it played out exactly as anyone without brain damage would have predicted.

I thought The Skulls was ok but I haven't seen it in many years.

Is Alex Cross the one where Matthew Fox is a psycho mma fighter?

Haven't watched it in about 20 years. I do remember enjoying it at the time.

I thought The Skulls was ok but I haven't seen it in many years.

Is Alex Cross the one where Matthew Fox is a psycho mma fighter?

Yeah. Matthew Fox did what he could with what he was given, but the whole thing was an abortion before the cameras even began rolling.

Yeah. Matthew Fox did what he could with what he was given, but the whole thing was an abortion before the cameras even began rolling.

I remember pics from the movie floating around here and he looked insane. Like he lost a shitton of weight. Like an unhealthy amount of weight.

Found the pic: good lord! :eek:

reg_1024.alexcross3.mh.062812.jpg

Back