Dr. Pepper vs Root Beer

Root Beer or Dr. Pepper

• Total voters
I have no problem with Dr. Pepper, but it doesn't belong in a head-to-head poll with any other soda. LOL...

Will always be a Root Beer guy.

Dr Pepper is a much smoother daily drinker. Root Beer is more full-bodied and robust....and IMO should be saved for special occasions, like welcoming a new neighbor to the trailer park.

Dr Pepper is a much smoother daily drinker. Root Beer is more full-bodied and robust....and IMO should be saved for special occasions, like welcoming a new neighbor to the trailer park.

this is a good answer.

also my favorite root beers more expensive and less available. gourmet sodas.

dr pepper is readily available and a good alternate to a regular coke.

Awww...Nah... Why not both?
Maybe a root beer Dr.P hybrid?
But if I had to choose Dr.P Cherry
I've only had pedestrian root beer like Mug, Barqs and A&W tho.

There's a dr. pepper that is made with cane sugar (they call it dublin dr pepper in texas). It's way better than regular dr pepper. However, A&W root beer on tap is amazing.

i guess i'll go with A&W because the pure cane sugar dr pepper is not widely available.

Sam's Club has naturally flavored, zero sugar Zevia assortment that has root beer, ginger ale, black cherry, cream. $9 for 24. 0 calories.

I've tried a lot of zero-sugar drinks and they all taste like shit.

Isn’t Dr Pepper prune juice ? That was the rumor when I was a kid. Also Mountain Dew makes your dick shrink and lowers your sperk count.

but root beer is a type, dr. pepper is a brand

I know, but I'm not meaning for it to be that complicated. The gist is, whether you like Pepper, Pibb, Thunder, whatever brand happens to taste like Dr. Pepper, do you like that, or Root Beer (regardless of Dad's, Barq's, A&W, etc).

Maybe a root beer Dr.P hybrid?

I've tried mixing Root Beer and Dr. Pepper into one drink (50/50 from a fountain) and the taste was a little strange. It's like they didn't want to mix. One sip would taste more like Root Beer and the next sip would taste more like Dr. Pepper, and they'd go back and forth with each subsequent sip.

There's a dr. pepper that is made with cane sugar (they call it dublin dr pepper in texas). It's way better than regular dr pepper. However, A&W root beer on tap is amazing.

i guess i'll go with A&W because the pure cane sugar dr pepper is not widely available.

What would you choose between the best tasting A&W and the best tasting pure cane sugar Dr. Pepper, both ice cold and fresh?

Last edited:
It’s damn fucking close but I am gonna have to go with Dr. Pepper...

DdhaoQtVMAI-R6_.jpg

I've tried mixing Root Beer and Dr. Pepper into one drink (50/50 from a fountain) and the taste was a little strange. It's like they didn't want to mix. One sip would taste more like Root Beer and the next sip would taste more like Dr. Pepper, and they'd go back and forth with each subsequent sip.

What would you choose between the best tasting A&W and the best tasting pure can sugar Dr. Pepper, both ice cold and fresh?

How about a dr. Pepper/root beer float???

As to your question... I’d hit that pepper passionately first...

What would you choose between the best tasting A&W and the best tasting pure can sugar Dr. Pepper, both ice cold and fresh?

Damn, that's a difficult decision.

Gun to my head situation... gonna go with dr pepper.

Never heard of a Dr. Pepper float so........Root Beer.

Back