Dr. AnnMaria (Ronda's Mom) on UFC 168 and Ronda's behavior.

Jo Thaibox

Pocket Full Of Sunshine
@Brown
Reaction score
http://drannmaria.blogspot.com.es/2013/12/thoughts-on-ronda-at-ufc-168.html?m=1

It was clear to me that she took 0 chances in the fight. In her earlier fights, she had taken more risks and even though that resulted in her winning her fights very quickly, it also meant that a couple of times she got in positions that were a disadvantage and that she had to fight out her way out of.

In this fight, she only went for the arm bar when she could could do it without taking any chances of giving her opponent an advantage. It's not the way I would have done it, which is interesting because when we did judo, if you compared Ronda's matches to mine, she was generally more of a risk taker.

As I told the nice man from ESPN. Ronda is 26 years old and in a very public arena. If you think of all of the things you see from entertainers and professional athletes - DUI, steroid use, wild parties, drug rehab, multiple extramarital affairs and on and on. Or just think of the average 26-year-old. If you're a parent and the WORST thing anyone can say about your 26-year-old child is that he or she says "Fuck" and didn't shake someone's hand, you ought to go to mass, light candles, get down on your knees and say a prayer of thanks.

You can read more on the link I provided. I like her perspective and stance on the whole thing.

WAR RONDA!

Her Mom vs BJ Penn's Mom in a courtroom war ... book it circuit court.

Her mom is quite the lady. She'd have been awesome or a complete nightmare. Or alternating between the two.

She is one hundred percent correct about the second part of the post. I'm sober a year and a half now and Ronda's age, so yea she should be happy she has a kid who loves her and is a motivates business woman and world class athlete. I don't want kids because I'm worried that they would be too much like me. Ronda's mom is lucky to have a kid not only like her, but one that aspires to surpass her own accomplishments. This was an oddly deep post front someone who is typically bet sarcastic.

It's definitely easy to see where Ronda gets her killer instinct. I love listening to Ronda's mom.

I agree with her.

A mother defending their child? Thats what mothers do.

Mommy knows best!

That is really true at the end of the day......

She is one hundred percent correct about the second part of the post. I'm sober a year and a half now and Ronda's age, so yea she should be happy she has a kid who loves her and is a motivated business woman and world class athlete. I don't want kids because I'm worried that they would be too much like me. Ronda's mom is lucky to have a kid not only like her, but one that aspires to surpass her own accomplishments. This was an oddly deep post front someone who is typically bet sarcastic.

Well said.

She's just covering up the fact that she raised a whiny daughter who can't control her emotions.

She is one hundred percent correct about the second part of the post. I'm sober a year and a half now and Ronda's age, so yea she should be happy she has a kid who loves her and is a motivates business woman and world class athlete. I don't want kids because I'm worried that they would be too much like me. Ronda's mom is lucky to have a kid not only like her, but one that aspires to surpass her own accomplishments. This was an oddly deep post front someone who is typically bet sarcastic.
Good post none the less and I agree.

She's just covering up the fact that she raised a whiny daughter who can't control her emotions.

Yeah, Ronda let her emotions get the best of her when she was losing matches in local Judo competitions so she just quit and never became a Bronze Medalist or MMA champion.

Totally a whiny daughter who can't control her emotions.

Yeah, Ronda let her emotions get the best of her when she was losing matches in local Judo competitions so she just quit and never became a Bronze Medalist or MMA champion.

Totally a whiny daughter who can't control her emotions.

Not sure how those things are mutually exclusive like you seem to be implying.

Not sure how those things are mutually exclusive like you seem to be implying.

If she was the type who had no control of her emotions, she wouldn't have the mental affinity to tough out all the obstacles and trials of becoming a champion.

Her displaying hate publicly for one or two specific people who hate her just as much barely means she's not in control of her emotions.

Not a big fan of Ronda these days (though I don't dislike her either), but her mom always seems awesome.

Back