Down Under Leg Attacks - Craig Jones DVD/ ON Demand

Discussion in 'Grappling Technique' started by vcmmafan, Dec 16, 2017.

1. 2008

2008 Green Belt

I had the same concern. I think they are backed up. I ordered on the 18th and they finally shipped my dvds this past Wednesday(27th). I should get it today or tomorrow. So I guess because of the holidays they were busy doing there own thing, maybe vacation, then bother sending out people's orders.

Kesting, on the order hand, I had great experiences ordering from him. He sends his stuff 2-3 days later, very professional!! I own 3 of his videos.

TheMood likes this.
  2. TheMood

TheMood Blue Belt

I am just not used to my card being charged before something ships. Digitsu also sent my stuff out in a day or two as well. I feel a little better now. Thank you for the reply, 2008.

3. vcmmafan

vcmmafan Dark Knight Returns

What year is it? On Demand brah

4. 2008

2008 Green Belt

I need to own physical dvds. I don't like watching stuff on the phone/tablets/computers. God forbid the internet goes out or there website is down, then you can't even watch it on demand. If I'm spending $50+ on any dvds, let alone 100+, I must have a physical copy!! At least a DVD is forever(as long as you have a tv, DVD player, electricty). I know old fashion technology.

KentPeters and JinKazama like this.
  5. JinKazama

JinKazama Red Belt

i feel the same way

KentPeters likes this.
  6. vcmmafan

vcmmafan Dark Knight Returns

That's why you download it

mataleaos likes this.
  7. 2008

2008 Green Belt

I need to watch it on tv, it's just not the same, I'm not going to watch something on the phone or laptop, unless I have no other options.

Even downloading to keep your hard drives can die too.

8. TheMood

TheMood Blue Belt

I like to own the DVDs since I actually feel like I bought something for my money. A lot of these companies do not seem to be as big as Oracle to me so I do not trust that they will be around long term. If they decide they have to close up then I will have nothing if I have on demand only. Additionally, this particular company is pretty bad about the simple process of shipping something. Therefore, I do not have faith that their streaming service will be any good.

2008 likes this.
  9. BJJ_Rage

BJJ_Rage Gold Belt

Plug your laptop to your tv?

10. 2008

2008 Green Belt

Nah, that's too much work. I have a dvd player for that reason.

11. 2008

2008 Green Belt

Thank you. That's my exact thoughts! It's not like we're dealing with Netflix or hulu here, where I'm buying/streaming mainstream movies for relatively affordable prices compared to bjj instructonals which are typically expensive as heck.

You better believe I want a hard dvd copy if I'm paying high prices for it! Like I said before, atleast a dvd is forever!

Once 'bjjfantics' shipped my stuff I got it really fast, it helped that I live close to their warehouse, though.

12. BJJ_Rage

BJJ_Rage Gold Belt

It’s kind of the same work actually lol...

13. Forceof1

Forceof1 Blue Belt

Just ordered. Gives me something to focus on in my first 6 months of brown belt, as I recover from elbow surgery.

closequarters likes this.
  14. closequarters

closequarters Purple Belt

How is the Craig Jones set if you only roll IBJJF rules. Asking for a friend.

15. yetanother

yetanother Brown Belt

I skimmed it but it seems like very few things transfer over as it's focused super hard on heel hooks.

16. Bjoern

Bjoern White Belt

For IBJJF rules the set doesn´t make sense.....

17. BJJ_Rage

BJJ_Rage Gold Belt

Well if 4-11 is legal, and most entries as far as I know are Legal, you can get to 4-11 with and Look for a leg lace position... which may not be as good as an inside hh, but it’s a pretty strong position with lots of diffenrent finishes...

@mataleaos am I right? Or is it just the back step to 4-11 legal?

mataleaos and closequarters like this.
  18. mataleaos

mataleaos Purple Belt

I think anything to the 4-11 is legal as long as you are not grabbing the foot. The second you touch the foot it's a reap and a DQ. So you could theoretically Imanari roll into the position as long as you keep your hand off their foot/ankle.

BJJ_Rage likes this.
  19. TheMood

TheMood Blue Belt

I finally got my DVDs in the mail yesterday after ordering them on December 20th. This is the longest it has taken for me to get any of my instructional DVDs and the customer service from BJJ Fanatics/BJJ Super Deals was pretty pathetic. I emailed them a few times about shipping and got the same generic reply twice and my last email was ignored. I doubt I will order anything from them again.

I have not had time to check any of the content on the DVDs yet. One thing that I did notice was that each disc was relatively short. Each disc was about 40 minutes of content. Other instructional I have the discs were usually an hour to an hour and a half of content. Hopefully the content is very high quality. I will put up more thoughts once I watch some of the actual teaching.

20. 2008

2008 Green Belt

Thank you. I took your advice and asked mr. Kesting for a coupon of sorts for the the leglock dvd. I got it for a very decent price!

Thank you dvd review guy and mr. Kesting!