Dow last year under Obama vs First year under Trump. Trump

Jack, everything I've stated is common sense.

Are you really going to sit here and claim crime hasn't skyrocketed in Europe?

I didn't claim that. I haven't seen stats on crime throughout Europe. I asked you to make a prediction about the future, and you declined. So your claims aren't true or false or "common sense" or not. They're empty, and my saying that doesn't imply any affirmative claims.

Crazy to attribute it to trump? Then why is it the rally started the day he was elected president? Why are you ignoring what he has done? Do you really think massive regulation relief doesn't effect the economy? Do you really think buisiness isn't effected by not having to worry about a big new tax or regulation?

Yes, it's crazy to attribute a worldwide good year for stocks to Trump. Don't know what you mean about "the rally start(ing) the day he was elected president." 02/12/16 seems to be more of a turning point. I'm not ignoring what he's done (nothing). "Massive regulation relief" isn't a real thing. Your model for thinking about what drives moves in stock prices is simply not correct or even remotely plausible. Not everything can be broken down to partisan politics, and what's more, I asked you to make a prediction about the future (we know that Trump will continue to be president for at least a little while longer so if stocks are going up on his magical powers, they will continue to, right?), but you declined, and further indicated that you actually expect the magic to wear off (pre-emptively signalling an unwillingness to let your position be changed by evidence).

I didn't claim that. I haven't seen stats on crime throughout Europe. I asked you to make a prediction about the future, and you declined. So your claims aren't true or false or "common sense" or not. They're empty, and my saying that doesn't imply any affirmative claims.

Yes, it's crazy to attribute a worldwide good year for stocks to Trump. Don't know what you mean about "the rally start(ing) the day he was elected president." 02/12/16 seems to be more of a turning point. I'm not ignoring what he's done (nothing). "Massive regulation relief" isn't a real thing. Your model for thinking about what drives moves in stock prices is simply not correct or even remotely plausible. Not everything can be broken down to partisan politics, and what's more, I asked you to make a prediction about the future (we know that Trump will continue to be president for at least a little while longer so if stocks are going up on his magical powers, they will continue to, right?), but you declined, and further indicated that you actually expect the magic to wear off (pre-emptively signalling an unwillingness to let your position be changed by evidence).

Jack, you twist every fucking reply with your nonsense.

My prediction is already coming to fruition in Europe. You know this but hide behind "I haven't seen the stats".

Have you watched the fuckin news? Little girls blown up at concerts. People being mowed down in the streets. Rapes, murders. Costs FAR exceeding estimates.

I made a prediction, but because I didn't predict endless growth it's somehow not valid?

Fuck off.

Jack, you twist every fucking reply with your nonsense.

My prediction is already coming to fruition in Europe. You know this but hide behind "I haven't seen the stats".

Have you watched the fuckin news? Little girls blown up at concerts. People being mowed down in the streets. Rapes, murders. Costs FAR exceeding estimates.

I made a prediction, but because I didn't predict endless growth it's somehow not valid?

Fuck off.

The fact that you get so emotional here shows that you're not coming from a rational place.

But to anyone else, I would just say that if you genuinely believe that stocks are up around the world simply because Trump was elected, mark down some predictions, strap in, and prepare to be educated.

Honest question: What has President Trump done to affect the stock market?
Trump weakened the epa. Got us out of the bad climate change treaty that Obama signed us up for.

People are more confident about business being able to make money.

baba up 100+% this year
NVDA up 85% this year
tech stocks going gangbusters.. (amzn up 30%, msft 27%, nflx 57%.. tesla 62%)..

thanks trump.. you made these companies great again..

actually.. thanks jack ma..

From Nov 13 to Nov 4th (as close as I could get the chart to Election Day, of Obamas last year.

+ 643 points.

From Nov 4th until today.

+ 4983 points

Almost 5 fucking THOUSAND points. Almost 10x the gains as under Obama.

"But but but, it's the obama economy"

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaa.

yes its allllllll trump.

wait....whats he done again?

lol, i remember when the stock market was going up under obama what was the silly line we heard all the time from the right? "well obama cares about wall st., but what about main st.?"

Trump weakened the epa. Got us out of the bad climate change treaty that Obama signed us up for.

People are more confident about business being able to make money.

lol, youre reaching like hell on this one.

this is kinda like listening to liberals try to justify why obama got the nobel prize. the correct answer in both cases is....."mehhhh, he didnt do shit."

I absolutely guarantee you when the market crashes again you'll place all the blame on Obama.

My great uncle gave me about 80lbs of pre 1965 silver coins a few years before he died. It's a giant range of nickles, dimes, quarters, kennedy half dollars, etc.

Not worth terribly much now but if the market crashes again I might see silver go back up to 20x face value.

I dont plan on even going through and sorting all those damn coins but the market crashing is exactly what would motivate me. Gold tends to do better short term during crashes though.

Last edited:
So if the stock market crashed this year would the same people praising Obama be slamming Trump? Really makes you wonder.

Also Obama inherited a stock market after the housing bubble collapse. No matter what he did it was going to correct itself so all you people posting graphs of his entire presidency need to take that into account.

Obama isn’t responsible for the entire stock market correction and Trump isn’t responsible for the entire stock market increase.

Which is why I stated keeping it in the mid twenties was pretty good, as we are overdue for a correction, hopefully not 40%, but we'll see.
Stocks are overvalued any way you measure it. We gained 80% since 2011, which is a massive jump considering GDP growth is around 2 percent per year. We're going to feel some major pain in the next correction.

It won't come in the next two years. There will be a dip, then a continued rise, and then the crash would come somewhere closer to 6-8 years from now.... in my inductive estimate.
The market looked bullish even with the warning signs prior to 2008 crash, and its eerily similar today. I agree that the market has some steam left in the tank. I'll keep my money in until S&P 500 hits around 2,800, then I'm converting all that shit to cash.

My great uncle gave me about 80lbs of pre 1965 silver coins a few years before he died. It's a giant range of nickles, dimes, quarters, kennedy half dollars, etc.

Not worth terribly much now but if the market crashes again I might see silver go back up to 20x face value.

I dont plan on even going through and sorting all those damn coins but the market crashing is exactly what would motivate me. Gold tends to do better short term during crashes though.

i'll count it if you give it to me.

The fact that you get so emotional here shows that you're not coming from a rational place.

But to anyone else, I would just say that if you genuinely believe that stocks are up around the world simply because Trump was elected, mark down some predictions, strap in, and prepare to be educated.

I want to be educated. Why did this uptick happen after Trump was elected?

And why can't we attribute it to him while every bad thing that happens on every street corner to every foreign country is now his fault?

Actually I did pretty well when the market crashed (for a non wealthy person). I waiting for a correction because shit is too rich for my blood atnthe moment.
You just proved his point. = )

why can't liberals just say "wow, it looks like Trump did a good job in raising the markets."

instead they sit in their parents basements wishing for the stock market to collapse so that they can say "we told you Trump sucks!"
Yes, the numbers are good, if they last until the the end of Trump’s presidency in 7 years. = ) Nine months in this is a bit of a premature circle jerk.

From Nov 13 to Nov 4th (as close as I could get the chart to Election Day, of Obamas last year.

+ 643 points.

From Nov 4th until today.

+ 4983 points

Almost 5 fucking THOUSAND points. Almost 10x the gains as under Obama.

"But but but, it's the obama economy"

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaa.

Chart it from the start of the Obama admin!!

/thread.

Well, apparently the market prefers a buisiness friendly potato sack, to Obamas over regulation and threat of high taxes.

Ohh look another topic you clearly know nothing about.

yes its allllllll trump.

wait....whats he done again?

lol, i remember when the stock market was going up under obama what was the silly line we heard all the time from the right? "well obama cares about wall st., but what about main st.?"

Read the thread it's been answered multiple times.

Chart it from the start of the Obama admin!!

/thread.

You do realize it was at 6k when he started right? It had nowhere to go but up.

Stating otherwise means you weren't paying attention, or you're willfully ignorant.

Back