Douglas Murray : The Strange Death of Europe

No. Germany has no internal regulator. They just goosestep from one extreme to the other. The most you can hope for is to point them in the direction you want and let them steamroll a path for you till you have to smack them around to stop. They're the juggernaut bitch.

Germany will need allies then...

<Prem974>

I don't take the hyperbolic title seriously while seeing value in the content. Eastern Europe has persevered through centuries of visits from steppe nomads, mongols and Ottomans and will muddle through this invasion as well. The western states just need to learn the same lessons that they've been insulated from throughout centuries by their eastern neighbours. And to remember their heritage is something worth preserving.

Well, the thing is that 30 years ago. Eastern Europeans were seen as the "invaders". Same thing people say about the refugees/migrants coming now.
Of course, this time it's a bit different. But I make the same argument now I have made then it needs some time for politics to catch up to those events.
All things considered, migrant/refugee policies slowly move in the right direction.

Also, what is there to preserve in Polish heritage? There a bunch of people living on stolen land that are known to be thieves.
Just kidding :) I have no beef with the poles. They have proven themselves to be good workers and most I meet are good guys.
But you know they are not exactly overachievers.

Always a competition with you huh? <{nope}>

You should be building bonds with your neighbours in modern times so you can fight back against the Islamic and progressive liberal horde.

Well, the thing is that 30 years ago. Eastern Europeans were seen as the "invaders". Same thing people say about the refugees/migrants coming now.
Of course, this time it's a bit different. But I make the same argument now I have made then it needs some time for politics to catch up to those events.
All things considered, migrant/refugee policies slowly move in the right direction.

Also, what is there to preserve in Polish heritage? There a bunch of people living on stolen land that are known to be thieves.
Just kidding :) I have no beef with the poles. They have proven themselves to be good workers and most I meet are good guys.
Poles living in Germany become indistinguishable from locals, in ever conceivable way except for last names, in one generation. How are the Turks who came in after WW2 doing? Many still identify as Turks 1st, Muslims 2nd, then Germans way down the line. Yes or no?

I like Poles and Germans both equally. There's room in my heart for kolbassa and bratwurst both. Although your death meat game takes a back seat to Italy's and Hungary's, but the beer in the fatherland is out-fucking-standing. Pork and liquor are the ties that bind!

Poles living in Germany become indistinguishable from locals, in ever conceivable way except for last names, in one generation. How are the Turks who came in after WW2 doing? Many still identify as Turks 1st, Muslims 2nd, then Germans way down the line. Yes or no?

I like Poles and Germans both equally. There's room in my heart for kolbassa and bratwurst both. Although your death meat game takes a back seat to Italy's and Hungary's, but the beer in the fatherland is out-fucking-standing. Pork and liquor are the ties that bind!

Yes, they are definitely integrated worse than Poles or Italians.
With the Turks, it depends a bit because most of them came in the 80's a bit later than Italiens or other Europeans.
That being said better integration should definitely be expected.

Always a competition with you huh? <{nope}>

You should be building bonds with your neighbours in modern times so you can fight back against the Islamic and progressive liberal horde.

Well if your neighbors steal half your house.
You wouldn't just let that go because you willingly rented a room in your remaining house to a Muslim that sometimes prays to load in the morning.
You could just terminate the renting contract.

You wouldn't just let that go because you willingly rented a room in your remaining house to a Muslim that sometimes prays to load in the morning.
<DisgustingHHH>
Time to get over the past.

But some men just want to watch the world burn....

We are at war with the Globalists/Oligarchs/Power Elite. Their weapons are immigrants.

Come on now. Lets not pretend there's such a thing as historic Germany to steal from.

The notion is as absurd as if Slavs tried to unite under one banner. That effort would ultimately lead to a great war to end all wars that would set the region on fire, with the end result being a series of treaties signed in Crossaint land. And we all know what happens when those pesky Parisians author treaties. Mustaches, speeches and self determination of a people.

o_Oo_O:D

Islam is also far right and has more support and numbers in Sweden, s well as globally, than all far right boogeyman combined. But don't let the facts get in the way of your attempts to deflect from the issues of intolerance within your group. Yes, not all.

A lot of politicised Islam is left-wing.
Socially conservative/reactionary, but still left-wing.

4.9 percent of the EU of the population identify as Muslims. Yeah, they sure are taking over everything!
http://www.pewforum.org/2017/11/29/europes-growing-muslim-population/

And the reason why north western europe have a larger Muslim population is cause they are better countries that offers more oppertunity, and you know the big working immigration in the in the 60's and 70's.

Didn't read the book, checked some reviews out on goodreads, to no surprise those that gave it five stars didn't really come with any specifics other than "THIS BOOKS HAS FACTS!" Yes, someone capitalised that. The more critical reviews, ranging 1 to 2, to three stars at best. The rest were the loud 5 stars. Always be vary if someone gives some very high or very low marks. Another funny thing is that they constantly (the ones giving five stars) focus on his sexuality, as if it's some sort of argumentative shield / weapon to protect the authors credibility.

If someone does read this book, from this academically unimpressive person, please let us know his references. Hell I'd appreciate it if you'd even take pictures of his references for me to go through. Thank you. If he's right, he's right after all.

Charity being one of the 5 pillars makes it so on the in group level to some extent, I agree. The problem that so many people are committed to ignoring is that social norms always end up dictating policy. That's why I'm consistently against authoritarianism on a social level. Doesn't matter its dogmatic origins as it always leads to repression of outliers.

I think Islam is more far right wing in nature but advocated for by the left..seems odd but that’s my view

Douglas Murray will have conversations with almost anyone, he is an actual intellectual.

That's funny that you make that point because recently I listened to an interview with Sam Harris and Douglas Murray where Sam Harris challenges Douglas Murray for having done an interview with Stefan Molyneaux. Harris basically asserts that Molyneaux is a racist beyond the pale of acceptability and questions the legitimacy and rationale behind Murray's participation.

Murray very calmly and politely explains that he sees the benefit in engaging with people of all beliefs across the spectrum and sussing out the validity of their viewpoints and explains that he even once did an interview with Choudery.

Time stamped.

Yet nobody cared when this happened to us Irish, only if it's brown invaders eh????

Yet nobody cared when this happened to us Irish, only if it's brown invaders eh????

The scale of events isn't quite the same. Hell, more migrants came to Europe than the population of Ireland over the last four years.

The scale of events isn't quite the same. Hell, more migrants came to Europe than the population of Ireland over the last four years.

That us truly not the same as what happened here indeed, you are right

The streets were run by men like this, and by the way still are in many places

That's funny that you make that point because recently I listened to an interview with Sam Harris and Douglas Murray where Sam Harris challenges Douglas Murray for having done an interview with Stefan Molyneaux. Harris basically asserts that Molyneaux is a racist beyond the pale of acceptability and questions the legitimacy and rationale behind Murray's participation.

Murray very calmly and politely explains that he sees the benefit in engaging with people of all beliefs across the spectrum and sussing out the validity of their viewpoints and explains that he even once did an interview with Choudery.

Time stamped.

yeah he used to go on something called the "Big Questions" on BBC and they are just debates among a wide range of different types of people. Even though I disagree with him on most things he doesnt shy away from a debate.

Back