Double End Bags - Sound levels?

Nukem

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Hey guys.

I was looking into getting an Double End Bag for my apartment, but in every video i watch of people using them they are freaking LOUD!

I guess the reasons are :

1. Because the ball is inflated with air, no material inside of the bag in order to dampen the impact or sound. its like hitting a "Drum".

2. Improper mounting methods, in alot of videos it seems that people are using chains in some parts of the setup, wich might be causing a fair bit of the sound, only using rope instead of chains, and of course the elastic bands would decrease the sound levels.

I allready have an 12" inch Aqua Bag in my apartment wich i use every other day, its hanged by the ceiling with ropes instead of chains and its pretty much silent, but i fear that an double end bag would be ALOT louder then my Aqua Bag by watching videos on Youtube.

Anyone got personal experiance from the sound levels on these things? is it doable to have in an apartment?, i dont want to go the tennisball route really. I was looking forward to get an leather one from Paffen sports wich looks sweet but i dont know if its doable or not.

0001648_the-traditional-boksbal-double-end-bag-paffen-sport.jpeg

I was in love with the double end bag at the gym. Wasn't super reasonable to get a double end bag in the cool, so I got this:

looks like it's sold out, but you can find from other vendors or other brands actually. I've had a ton of fun with this.

Hey guys.

I was looking into getting an Double End Bag for my apartment, but in every video i watch of people using them they are freaking LOUD!

I guess the reasons are :

1. Because the ball is inflated with air, no material inside of the bag in order to dampen the impact or sound. its like hitting a "Drum".

2. Improper mounting methods, in alot of videos it seems that people are using chains in some parts of the setup, wich might be causing a fair bit of the sound, only using rope instead of chains, and of course the elastic bands would decrease the sound levels.

I allready have an 12" inch Aqua Bag in my apartment wich i use every other day, its hanged by the ceiling with ropes instead of chains and its pretty much silent, but i fear that an double end bag would be ALOT louder then my Aqua Bag by watching videos on Youtube.

Anyone got personal experiance from the sound levels on these things? is it doable to have in an apartment?, i dont want to go the tennisball route really. I was looking forward to get an leather one from Paffen sports wich looks sweet but i dont know if its doable or not.

0001648_the-traditional-boksbal-double-end-bag-paffen-sport.jpeg

get yourself a tennis ball and some elasticated cord. problem solved

Back