DOTA II players. Where you at??

NA teamstournaments are made for B-level asian/european players who couldn't hack it on their own turf.

{<Mcgoat}

I have not been watching. I've climbed from 600 MMR to 2.9k MMR so far though.

Damn that's a hell of a climb. I don't play ranked anymore. Probably played like 5 ranked games this past year so I think I'm still sitting around 3.2k MMR.

Game 3 of the final was nuts. Anyone catch it? I love when Rapiers come out.

What'chall think of the 7.00 patch?

What're a few good beginner champs from each style of champ(tank, bruiser, carry, support, ranged and melee variants). I've only got about 1200+ games in MOBAS, Heroes of the Storm.

this isn't even DOTA anymore it's now Defense of the Heroes of Legends or some shit

I dunno what the fuck they were thinking but this patch is pure fucking garbage. I have over 2k hours played on steam but that's it for me now.

this isn't even DOTA anymore it's now Defense of the Heroes of Legends or some shit

I dunno what the fuck they were thinking but this patch is pure fucking garbage. I have over 2k hours played on steam but that's it for me now.

please don't tell me that I'm downloading the patch now..

what do you mean?

What are you talking about. This patch is awesome.

What'chall think of the 7.00 patch?

What're a few good beginner champs from each style of champ(tank, bruiser, carry, support, ranged and melee variants). I've only got about 1200+ games in MOBAS, Heroes of the Storm.
I'm loving it but the changes are significant and will require a lot of change to adjust.

There used to be a special game mode for new players called Limited Hero Pool, but for some reason they removed it. The heroes were some of the easier ones to play:

Available heroes
Death Prophet Dragon Knight
Drow Ranger Juggernaut Lich
Lina Lion Luna
Omniknight Sand King
Sniper Sven Tidehunter
Vengeful Spirit Viper Warlock
Windranger Witch Doctor Wraith King
Zeus

Finally read the patch notes. Not too sure how I feel about the changes. I'll play later today to get a better impression. Really iffy about this patch. Been reading a lot of complaints about the new UI/HUD causing people eye pain and head aches.

Finally read the patch notes. Not too sure how I feel about the changes. I'll play later today to get a better impression. Really iffy about this patch. Been reading a lot of complaints about the new UI/HUD causing people eye pain and head aches.

I think the complaints come from the disruption of what people are used to. The first couple of games, I was totally lost. It will take some adjustment, but overall I love the direction its going.

I think the complaints come from the disruption of what people are used to. The first couple of games, I was totally lost. It will take some adjustment, but overall I love the direction its going.

Ah fer sure. I've got mixed feelings based on what I've read but I'm gonna give it a good play session or two before I start grabbing for my pitchfork.

So after playing 5 games last night these are my feelings

Don't Like:
The UI bothers me, it's so small it actually starts to hurt my eyes
Hate having my stats, LH, K/D/A, and exp hidden unless I press ALT
Hate the Life and Mana bars being on the bottom of the screen
Gold in the corner of the screen bothers me too
Don't like the new bounty rune locations and the new buildings

Like:
I'm not use to the new shop and courier, yet, but I do like the changes here
I like the new load outs and pick screens
The new loading screen before the game that shows the heroes is pretty cool
Talent Tree instead of stats is a cool new system
Back Pack is fucking space saver and therefor a life saver

Indifferent:
The New Rosh location seems more balanced but just looks wack on the map
Don't like how they moved around the jungle camps but it's not a big deal
Monkey King hero. Don't care to play him or see him in game.
No power rune at start of game. Meh.

Just pulled a duel Rapier comeback. I was Luna and we were about to lose our 3rd set of rax. I decided to YOLO and build a Rapier. Won a team fight and picked up a second one. Pushed for the win. I was super nervous but it was a great win.

https://www.dotabuff.com/matches/2863294253

What MMR is everyone currently at? I know I'm above 3K for solo but I haven't played ranked in like a year. Think I'm like 2.5K for team mmr since most of the friends I play with are worse than me.

What MMR is everyone currently at? I know I'm above 3K for solo but I haven't played ranked in like a year. Think I'm like 2.5K for team mmr since most of the friends I play with are worse than me.
I just hit 3k solo. I would probably be higher, but I started playing ranked before I knew what I was doing. I climbed from around 600 MMR.

Back