Dos Anjos vs Alvarez @ 170? Same result

Eddie_zpstyavfylu.gif

You guys should just shut up about that fluke talk.

Eddie tagged RDA 3 time with exactly the same shot he used to half drop RDA.

Eddie is extremely dangerous in his own range and RDA came in with a wrong approach. Eddie won the striking exchange not by luck but skill, plain and simple
Never said "luck" but I would still confidently pick rda In a rematch against Eddie at LW or WW.
Why watch a couple short clips watch the whole fight, rda was working Eddie over, yea Eddie landed a few right hands but rda was brutalizing Eddie early on, I think it's unlikely Eddie lands that heavy right on rda again especially after dealing with the consequences.

The way I see it rda fighting cautious would give Eddie no real chance, rda was not respecting Alvarez at all and got caught

Never said "luck" but I would still confidently pick rda In a rematch against Eddie at LW or WW.
Why watch a couple short clips watch the whole fight, rda was working Eddie over, yea Eddie landed a few right hands but rda was brutalizing Eddie early on, I think it's unlikely Eddie lands that heavy right on rda again especially after dealing with the consequences.

The way I see it rda fighting cautious would give Eddie no real chance, rda was not respecting Alvarez at all and got caught

Nobody is clamming Eddie would beat RDA in the rematch based off of that clip. The purpose of the clip was to argue Eddie landing that fight ending punch didn't came out of nowhere as many people tend to think.

Brutalizing ?? I don't consider chasing down your opponents without landing much shots " Brutalizing other".

RDA didn't go overboard with pressuring eddie because he didn't respect Eddie. He did it because that's where he had most success against his other opponents and considers where his strength lies in.

Eddie gets shit on just because people hate Conor so much. Eddie could KO Tony and people would call it a Fluke. I absolutely love Eddie and just can't understand some of yall.
I think a few people were put off by eddie with his path to the title his first Ufc fights especially hugging pettis to death but he won me and probably alot of people with the dustin poireir and justin fights

Nobody is clamming Eddie would beat RDA in the rematch based off of that clip. The purpose of the clip was to argue Eddie landing that fight ending punch didn't came out of nowhere as many people tend to think.

Brutalizing ?? I don't consider chasing down your opponents without landing much shots " Brutalizing other".

RDA didn't go overboard with pressuring eddie because he didn't respect Eddie. He did it because that's where he had most success against his other opponents and considers where his strength lies in.
Then we have contrasting opinions

Rda was moving Eddie into head kicks, body kicks, he was clearly forcing Eddie to exchange and got caught, other than Eddie countering with a right against a RDA whos forcing and pressing the action, what success did Eddie have?

Basically Eddie only wins with that heavy right, and the chances of him landing that like that again is low.. even after he landed it Eddie looked sloppy and rda got top control while out on his feet...

I see Eddie winning 2-3 out of 10.

Eddie could ko ANYONE in any division chasing him down, doesn't mean he should be the favorite in the rematch

I think a few people were put off by eddie with his path to the title his first Ufc fights especially hugging pettis to death but he won me and probably alot of people with the dustin poireir and justin fights
And arguably lost to Melendez

Eddie always has a punchers chance. But DANG.... Can he survive that Tekken punch combo from Saturday... Dos Anjos at 170 is the best version we have seen.

Then we have contrasting opinions

Rda was moving Eddie into head kicks, body kicks, he was clearly forcing Eddie to exchange and got caught, other than Eddie countering with a right against a RDA whos forcing and pressing the action, what success did Eddie have?

Basically Eddie only wins with that heavy right, and the chances of him landing that like that again is low.. even after he landed it Eddie looked sloppy and rda got top control while out on his feet...

I see Eddie winning 2-3 out of 10.

Eddie could ko ANYONE in any division chasing him down, doesn't mean he should be the favorite in the rematch

Eddie evaded most of the RDA's offense and waited for the opening that he can capitalize. Eddie eventually succeed and the clip I posted is the evidence of that. We are not talking about whole 2 rounds of RDA pressuring Eddie. 2 min of offense where he had no success what so ever other than exposing his defensive hole, is hardly a "Brutalizing ".
[<diva2]
Again, I'm not arguing who would win the rematch. Don't know why you are keep bringing that up.

What actually happened is Lawler taking 42 unanswered shots in 23 seconds.
You genuinely need to start following another sport. RDA threw that many, most of them just touching to get a reaction, the only hard punches he threw were about 5 to the body and two up top. Very impressive flurry but would have been a God awful stoppage. Nothing like the Eddie/RDA exchange, Herb reffed both, that should tell you something.

And by scoring Pettis over Alvarez that further confirms my opening statement

This is of course despite the fact that he did indeed stop RDA.

Let alone that in his UFC run he's hurt Cerrone, RDA, Poirier, and Gaethje.

Let alone that Eddie has won by KO more than double the amount of times he has won by any other method, and more times than he has won by any other methods combined.
He's clearly an alvarez hater or he's trolling at this point

Go check out the Ben Henderson fight and the one before and after that fight
And tell me if your waching greatness..it was like vince McMahon wrote it himself
Benson has been done for a long time, he got man handled by Chandler and FW Pitbull, he's 0-3 in bellator

Eddie_zpstyavfylu.gif

You guys should just shut up about that fluke talk.

Eddie tagged RDA 3 time with exactly the same shot he used to half drop RDA.

Eddie is extremely dangerous in his own range and RDA came in with a wrong approach. Eddie won the striking exchange not by luck but skill, plain and simple
This.... Eddie was out striking him before that huge shot.

He clearly has the same holes.. Did you not see that boxing defence? His headmovement has gotten miles better and his blocking too. Don't be delusional. Lawler couldn't hit him once clean in boxing range in 25 minutes.
Lawlers boxing isn't in the same stratosphere as Eddie's

At 170 with no weight cut rda takes it easily imo.

Eddie isn't a great fighter like people seem to make out on here.

People over rating him again because he KOed a dude that stands in front of you and takes shots.
He also KOD the guy you claim to be a better fighter than him lmao.

Eddie is much larger than RDA so the cut is worse for him. Poor excuse

This is wrong.

Eddie was up 11-8 in punches and 4-2 in kicks BEFORE that huge shot. Moving forward doesn't mean you're winning

Eddie evaded most of the RDA's offense and waited for the opening that he can capitalize. Eddie eventually succeed and the clip I posted is the evidence of that. We are not talking about whole 2 rounds of RDA pressuring Eddie. 2 min of offense where he had no success what so ever other than exposing his defensive hole, is hardly a "Brutalizing ".
[<diva2]
Again, I'm not arguing who would win the rematch. Don't know why you are keep bringing that up.
Eddie threw a heavy right hand and he landed it.. that's fighting.
from a technical standpoint Eddie did nothing besides throw and land a heavy right, especially considering he could barely contain himself once he cracked him, he wasn't able to pick his shot against a sleepwalking RDA.

I look at that win the same way I did when dos Santos beat cain, dos Santos caught cain before Cain's gameplan took effect, it doesn't erase the legit win, I just think alvarez isn't as good as RDA.

Back