Dos Anjos vs Alvarez @ 170? Same result

That was what you call a punchers chance. It doesn’t happen again at any weight

Actually RDA’s weight cut was horrible.
He collapsed and fainted the day before.
A lot of people could have beaten Refugee RDA that night.

Alvarez is absolutely NOT a power puncher

This is of course despite the fact that he did indeed stop RDA.

Let alone that in his UFC run he's hurt Cerrone, RDA, Poirier, and Gaethje.

Let alone that Eddie has won by KO more than double the amount of times he has won by any other method, and more times than he has won by any other methods combined.

This is of course despite the fact that he did indeed stop RDA.

Let alone that in his UFC run he's hurt Cerrone, RDA, Poirier, and Gaethje.

Let alone that Eddie has won by KO more than double the amount of times he has won by any other method, and more times than he has won by any other methods combined.

He stopped RDA because he was depleted from the weight cut. LOL at "he's hurt". He's an mma fighter,of course he's gonna "hurt" the fighters he's hitting.

He didn't drop none of the fighters you mentioned except Gaethje. Not even RDA lol.

I think RDA wins that fight more often than not, but Eddie is a tougher fight for Alvarez than most lightweights.

Eddie Alvarez is the shit, know doubt about that..but Rafael dos anjos is just a better fighter.

ppl way too high on RDA. i think eddie has gotten better too since they last fought.
Go check out the Ben Henderson fight and the one before and after that fight
And tell me if your waching greatness..it was like vince McMahon wrote it himself

That was what you call a punchers chance. It doesn’t happen again at any weight
Eddie had nothing for rda before he cracked him with that right hand, most people don't believe Eddie would crack him again...I am one of those people, Eddie wins in that fashion probably 2 out of 10 times imo.

Eddie_zpstyavfylu.gif

You guys should just shut up about that fluke talk.

Eddie tagged RDA 3 time with exactly the same shot he used to half drop RDA.

Eddie is extremely dangerous in his own range and RDA came in with a wrong approach. Eddie won the striking exchange not by luck but skill, plain and simple

This 100% ...not many people would pick Alvarez to win again at any weight.He caught him and didn't let off,that would be hard to replicate especially with it happening to RDA already.

I picked him before and would pick him again. His boxing is miles better than RDAs, Deal with it.

Eddie_zpstyavfylu.gif

You guys should just shut up about that fluke talk.

Eddie tagged RDA 3 time with exactly the same shot he used to half drop RDA.

Eddie is extremely dangerous in his own range and RDA came in with a wrong approach. Eddie won the striking exchange not by luck but skill, plain and simple
sort of strange to call something a fluke when a guy Is clearly superior In the boxing..

RDA's defence Is not great and he has a very loose / open style. Eddie just happened to have the skillset that allowed him to take advantage of those holes.

Also, for a guy dealing with such a Rough weight cut..he looked no different than he ever has prior to getting caught with a big shot.

Styles make fights, Eddie just happens to match up well with RDA. He's a guy that probably wont get taken down by RDA and he has the boxing to take advantage of the holes RDA has in his defence.

RDA looked good against Lawler but he still clearly has the same holes In his boxing / defence that he's always had. That hasn't changed.

Alvarez smashed him once and could easily do it again.

sort of strange to call something a fluke when a guy Is clearly superior In the boxing..

RDA's defence Is not great and he has a very loose / open style. Eddie just happened to have the skillset that allowed him to take advantage of those holes.

Also, for a guy dealing with such a Rough weight cut..he looked no different than he ever has prior to getting caught with a big shot.

Styles make fights, Eddie just happens to match up well with RDA. He's a guy that probably wont get taken down by RDA and he has the boxing to take advantage of the holes RDA has in his defence.

RDA looked good against Lawler but he still clearly has the same holes In his boxing / defence that he's always had. That hasn't changed.
He clearly has the same holes.. Did you not see that boxing defence? His headmovement has gotten miles better and his blocking too. Don't be delusional. Lawler couldn't hit him once clean in boxing range in 25 minutes.

At 170 with no weight cut rda takes it easily imo.

Eddie isn't a great fighter like people seem to make out on here.

People over rating him again because he KOed a dude that stands in front of you and takes shots.

Beating the hell out =/= finding a lucky shot against an opponent depleted from weight cut.

Tony faced the best version of RDA,hit him a lot heavier than Eddie and won convincigly.
Tony didn’t beat the hell out of RDA.

RDA lost to severe dehydration, not Eddie Alvarez.

I think RDA wins at either weight

Eddie showed that he can finish him, but RDA didn't even drop in that fight, the ref had to call it while standing.

RDA is a better striker, so long as he doesn't get baited into a brawl I'd favour him

I would pick Alvarez over RDA again. Assuming Eddie's performance isn' at all changed from fighting a weightclass up. Or we can just pretend RDA can make 155 no problem .

The best way to deal with high pressure strikers is lots of feints, level changes into strikes, and TDs, Eddie has lots of all of them.

Why do you think RDA struggled to crowd Eddie and when he did, he struggled to pull the trigger?

Feints make pressure fighters tentative, mixed with TD, mixed with Eddie's faking the TD and firing a shot, along with his directional feints and lateral movement.

It isn't unwinnable for RDA but it's stylistically a very tough match up. RDA is just more dominant in his wins so people assume Eddie 'split decision' Alavrez would get steamrolled but you people seem to forget styles make fights and it's the fine details that make the match up not how cool somebody looks or how good they look when they win.

Big RDA fan and couldn't care less for Eddie btw.

LMAO look at all these goofs out here acting like we're talking about GSP vs Serra. LMAO. The only fluke would be RDA beating Eddie. People need to fucking be real hahaha

I'd pick Alvarez again in the rematch although RDA was winning the first fight until he got starched, but that's the thing, Eddie is a tough mofo and RDA is chinny.

Back