Dos Anjos vs Alvarez @ 170? Same result

Eddie gets shit on just because people hate Conor so much. Eddie could KO Tony and people would call it a Fluke. I absolutely love Eddie and just can't understand some of yall.
Because Eddie could ko anyone at any weight class with a perfect right hand, that doesn't mean he should be the favourite.

RDA is a much better fighter than Eddie, he was in complete control of the fight but just got caught.

RDA is a much better fighter and wins against Alvarez 9 out of 10 times,nothing against Eddie.

Because Eddie could ko anyone at any weight class with a perfect right hand, that doesn't mean he should be the favourite.

You both could be right, but that's not what happened. I'm a huge Eddie fan and the guy gets shit on by everyone. He's a legit bad-ass who people hate on because Conor embarrassed him.

Eddie winning was a fluke and RDA would destroy him at 170.

Well rafa will not almost die making weight so I 80% of what happened that night of the first fight will be negated.

After last night I'd say no.

Even half dead Rafa was controlling that fight till he got caught with a perfectly place punch. Even then Eddie could not drop him.

RDA was still moving,on his feet,trying to shake off Eddie. He was also perfectly fine after the stoppage.

His combo against Lawler last night was a lot worse than this but Herb(he probably had his late stoppage pants last night) did not stop the fight.
Are you crazy....his combo vs Lawler was not worse at all. Lawler was rolling wtih 90% of those shots and smiling, while RDA head was being popped up like he was a pez despenser and borderline flailing his arms... I actually would have loved if the fight didnt get stopped there as a huge Eddie fan but it was an arguably understandable stoppage. If the fight was waved off last night there would be an outrage and rightly so.

Are you crazy....his combo vs Lawler was not worse at all. Lawler was rolling wtih 90% of those shots and smiling, while RDA head was being popped up like he was a pez despenser and borderline flailing his arms... I actually would have loved if the fight didnt get stopped there as a huge Eddie fan but it was an arguably understandable stoppage. If the fight was waved off last night there would be an outrage and rightly so.

Rolling or not,Robbie took like 40+ unanswered shots,smiling or not.

That stoppage was understandable but still questionable,especially in a title fight.

I would pick RDA in that rematch. That weight cut was brutal on him.

Well rafa will not almost die making weight so I 80% of what happened that night of the first fight will be negated.

After last night I'd say no.

Even half dead Rafa was controlling that fight till he got caught with a perfectly place punch. Even then Eddie could not drop him.

Lets be fair both ways though - Eddie generally isn't a 1st round fighter. All of his premiere performances are when he picks up momentum later in the fight (Kawagiri, Chandler, Gaethje, etc.), so giving him shit for not dropping a guy in the first when it really isn't his M.O., but still finishing him is a little odd.

I think the safe pick would be RDA to avenge that loss, but people are really writing Eddie off too easily - especially against a guy he already beat.

Rolling or not,Robbie took like 40+ unanswered shots,smiling or not.

That stoppage was understandable but still questionable,especially in a title fight.

What you said doesn't make any sense, literally. "Rolling or not" does not conflate with "unanswered shots". Unanswered shots look like this

Pat+Curran+Destroys+Joe+Warren+Bellator+60.gif

No he didn't. RDA was winning before getting caught. The stoppage was also contested by a lot of people as early. And we found out RDA was passing out for the weight cut at that time.

RDA would absolutely be the rightful favorite in a rematch.
It’s a shame they didn’t let the fight run on, could of seen a Edgar styled come back

People seriously still sleeping on Eddie? If he learned how to check kicks, id pick him to beat RDA again. That wasnt a fluke, he beat the everloving shit out of him

You are delusional. RDA was outpointing him at the first few minutes until that hook landed.

Wouldn't happen again.

Eddie Alvarez landed a lucky shot on a dehydrated RDA. Even Conor acknowledged that . And that is a fact
Being on weight is just a part of being a professional fighter. If you can't do it efficiently than you just lack professionalism. It's not a valid excuse.

Last edited:
Back