Doors cant stop robots anymore

Are you sure?
giphy.gif

landscape-1466681434-robot-falling.gif

Not faring much better with Boxes either.

bdfail2_5.gif

I'm more optimistic than you are, but it really depends on how we use the technology.
Was just kidding around :p I think this will be huge for the health sector, especially when it comes to taking care of the elderly and getting people out of burning buildings.

Damn, that atlas robot is so explosive. I bet it can take apart someone limb from limb. Thank god or rather thank Asimov!

Was just kidding around :p I think this will be huge for the health sector, especially when it comes to taking care of the elderly and getting people out of burning buildings.

It could be that, or it could be used to change the entire nature of warfare. Even General Mathis isn't sure how far AI, drones, etc will take this:

Mattis explained that today drones are piloted remotely, but tomorrow weapons may be able to learn on their own, adapt and fire themselves.

"The most misnamed weapon in our system is the unmanned aerial vehicle. It may not have a person in the cockpit, but there is someone flying it, someone over his shoulder, and actually more people flying it than a manned airplane," he said.

"If we ever get to the point where it is completely on automatic pilot, we are all spectators. That is no longer serving a political purpose. And conflict is a social problem that needs social solutions, people—human solutions."

He said he did not know what artificial intelligence will do to warfare, "but I am certainly questioning my original premise of the fundamental nature of war that does not change.

Read more at: https://phys.org/news/2018-02-artificial-intelligence-poses-nature-war.html#jCp

Watching that video made me realize just how complicated, and how many muscles are involved, in opening a door.

Back