Doomsday Vault

GordoBarraBJJ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
So I just saw this yesterday - I tried a search to see if there was an existing thread and found nothing so don't crucify me if this is a duplicate thread.

"It is a fail-safe seed storage facility, built to stand the test of time – and the challenge of natural or man-made disasters," reads the website by Crop Trust, the organization tasked with protecting global crop diversity.

However, the "impenetrable" fortress easily succumbed to the forces of nature, as record heat hit the region. This led to higher-than-usual melting and heavy rains, instead of snowfall.

http://www.iflscience.com/environme...after-permafrost-melts-due-to-climate-change/

I'd say this means were are fucked (well future generations).

Last edited:
So I just saw this yesterday - I tried a search to see if there was an existing thread and found nothing so don't crucify me if this is a duplicate thread.

"It is a fail-safe seed storage facility, built to stand the test of time – and the challenge of natural or man-made disasters," reads the website by Crop Trust, the organization tasked with protecting global crop diversity.

However, the "impenetrable" fortress easily succumbed to the forces of nature, as record heat hit the region. This led to higher-than-usual melting and heavy rains, instead of snowfall.

http://www.iflscience.com/environme...after-permafrost-melts-due-to-climate-change/

I'd say this means were are fucked (well future generations).

FAKE NEWS! GLOBAL WARMING ISN'T REAL!

Seriously though, no real damage done.

Buried deep inside a sandstone mountain in the Arctic Svalbard archipelago, meltwater gushed into the entrance and subsequently froze. Thankfully, no seeds were lost and the ice has since been hacked out. However, the event has raised concern among the community tasked with protecting the seed bank, which is supposed to be a lifeline in case of an environmental emergency.

It only flooded the entrance and didn't damage any seeds.

Fucking Donald Trump.

I always wondered how the fuck people were supposed to get to that island after the world ends anyway.

Fucking Donald Trump.

I always wondered how the fuck people were supposed to get to that island after the world ends anyway.

It might be under miles of ice if the world enters another ice age.

Back