Official DOOM ETERNAL Discussion

Actually, I'm hoping they don't bother with the multiplayer.

Online multiplayer FPS games is an extremely crowded market.

CoD
Battlefield
PUBG
CS:GO

And about 5 others, and I don't think Doom2016's multiplayer ever became close to those.

Wouldn't be surprised if Doom2016's multiplayer DLCs didn't sell much anyway.

Doom may be the lone FPS franchise that people buy exclusively for the campaign.

When you look through the history of gaming, some of those old franchises, especially iconic ones like Doom started their player base during a time when nothing was multiplayer because there wasn't enough computing power to do it. I think because of that, some of these older franchises have a huge "old school" type of gamer that is less interested in multiplayer and pvp than say, my 2 sons who are teenagers and only care about mutiplayer. I fuck with them all the time because the idea of an intensely good single player campaign goes right over their heads.

When you look through the history of gaming, some of those old franchises, especially iconic ones like Doom started their player base during a time when nothing was multiplayer because there wasn't enough computing power to do it. I think because of that, some of these older franchises have a huge "old school" type of gamer that is less interested in multiplayer and pvp than say, my 2 sons who are teenagers and only care about mutiplayer. I fuck with them all the time because the idea of an intensely good single player campaign goes right over their heads.

Wow.

I've only cared to play CS:GO and Starcraft 2 online.

I suck, but have a good time playing.

I'm a man of many hobbies, and dedicating dozens of hours a week for a year to get really good at any one game too much of an undertaking.

Last edited:
archvile_pug_small_by_vaneetra-d7mun25.gif

CoD
Battlefield
PUBG

And about 5 others, and I don't think Doom2016's multiplayer ever became close to those.

Doom may be the lone FPS franchise that people buy exclusively for the campaign.

They ended up making the DLC free for everyone in the end

I may be the only person in the world who still enjoys and prefers the original Doom I & II

doom-ii-20100526092950341_640w_1274992213.jpg

I may be the only person in the world who still enjoys and prefers the original Doom I & II

I very much doubt that you’re even close to be alone in that opinion. I loved Doom (2016) but Doom and Doom II are two of my favourite games of all time.

Its the sequel? I had forgotten about Optimus Prime putting you in stasis at the end.

Id likely upgrade the desktop for this.

have you finally gone completely insane? everyone who played the originals on release still loves them.

Its the sequel? I had forgotten about Optimus Prime putting you in stasis at the end.

Looks like it. Seems they are going the route Doom 2 went. Earth being fucked, and fighting in ruined cities.

I hope they have some real locations or landmarks in it.

There’s a good chance I build a gaming pc for this game alone. Feel like I’m shortchanging myself playing an FPS of that caliber on a console.
You shouldn't play any FPS on console. FPS games just have a better feel on PC overall.

I'm so damn excited for this game. Not sure why they went with the name "Eternal" but we'll see.
As mentioned above, I've been playing Doom since the very first and I'm happy this franchise has turned itself around.

You shouldn't play any FPS on console. FPS games just have a better feel on PC overall.

I'm so damn excited for this game. Not sure why they went with the name "Eternal" but we'll see.
As mentioned above, I've been playing Doom since the very first and I'm happy this franchise has turned itself around.
I’m not an FPS guy at all so it doesn’t really matter. Doom played excellent on the PS4 but I’d want to make the jump for this game.

Depending on what you have you might not need to upgrade. The last Doom ran amazingly well on low end and older hardware.
1080p 60fps was easily obtainable.

CoD
Battlefield
PUBG

And it was the FPS that brought the multiplayer online maddness to gaming in the beginning

I need to get around to replaying Doom2016 on a higher difficulty, but picking up all the upgrades/powerups.
I'm currently replaying it on Nightmare (already beat it on Nightmare once) with the glory kill indicator and HUD off. It's brutal but so fucking fun, still.

Back